RUMOR!-Agent P's World Showcase Adventure being replaced.

wishiwere@wdw

Just did the Germany adventure last Friday night for the first time. For those that didn’t know, you can now play these games via your own phone @ www.agentpwsa.com and let me say, it’s worth doing this just for the singing steins alone lol

tissandtully

And man oh man...They had some really nice looking "Good Friends" of Kim.....
2995998623_20ea2aaf4b_z.jpg
tenor.gif
this was obviously before they required the skin coverings

Figment Newton

Ducktales would be a great option to replace Perry. The reboot is a great show and looks like it is very popular. Another added benefit is that unlike something like Kim Possible and Perry the Platypus (though I really like both characters), the Ducktales characters are Disney characters that will outlive the current show. Even when Ducktales ends (hopefully not anytime soon) Scrooge, Donald, and Huey, Duey and Louie will still be recognizable and classic Disney characters.

iowamomof4

Whatever it is, I just hope it's operating in mid-May because we've never done it before and I hoped to try it out with the kids this time!

Almac97

Though the use of a current IP which involves adventurous characters, used in a series of adventures around World Showcase at least seems like one of Disney's better IP-shoehorning attempts, I'd be heartbroken if Agent P leaves.

Phineas and Ferb and the battle between Agent P and Doofenshmirtz totally works for World Showcase. They came up with a good story, and integrated the challenges in each country very well. I understand Ducktales is current, and P&F has been off the air for a few years, but from what I've watched in the new Ducktales, it doesn't hold a candle to P&F in terms of writing, humor, and originality. Also, just because something is off the air, doesn't mean it's not classic (cough Twilight Zone cough). It's clear Disney views TV show IP's impact and longevity differently than movies.

I grew up with the original Ducktales which I loved and maybe that's why I'm not too into the new one (insert "old man yells at cloud" pic). Same goes with TMNT. But I was a parent during P&F's run on TV and was as into it as my child due to the jokes they'd insert for adults, or Doof's one-liners that completely catch you off guard. It was so well done and I don't get that feeling about the new Ducktales. It could work in WS... but it also may be off the air in 2 years and we're talking about what new IP will be replacing Ducktales.

Kman101

I loved the original Ducktales. But I quite enjoy the new version a lot. I'm good with this. I may even do it once it starts. I didn't really have interest in the other versions. But it seems fun enough.

I do agree P&F remain popular. But I'm also one for something fresh and it felt time to me to update this.

Figment Newton

I would love this decision if it happens! Despite having Ducktales bias, I do think this is a smart and lasting decision if true for Disney. And it's not adding an IP to Epcot, just replacing one already there with a more 'timeless' IP instead. Definitely would try out this out if/when I had the chance.

WOOO-HOOO!

p.s. - I do enjoy Perry the Platypus and agree that PF is a great show. I'm just glad it does seem to have a worthy successor, rather than something that could be dated quickly. I feel that Huey, Dewey, Louie, Scrooge will be classic Disney characters long after DuckTales current run ends.

J.E.Smith

Funny thing is Perry and Phineas & Ferb currently have a sort of comeback on TV going on with Milo Murphy's Law, made by the same people and takes place in the same universe as F&P. Since the second season Doofenshmirtz has become a main member of the Milo cast, and Perry does show up from time to time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom