RUMOR!-Agent P's World Showcase Adventure being replaced.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I was told Ducktales, simply because all of the Agent P sculpts are easily interchangeable for Duck sculpts, and multi-generational awareness as MansionButler brought up.

Are they though? The Ducks look nothing like Perry, IMO. Perry is an oblong singular shape whereas the Ducktales gang are more angular and made up of multiple simple shapes. They resemble bobble heads with almost stick-like bodies. Not sure how the sculpts are converted but I'm guessing they're not so easily interchangeable.

Cmdr_Crimson

I was told Ducktales, simply because all of the Agent P sculpts are easily interchangeable for Duck sculpts, and multi-generational awareness as MansionButler brought up.

Uhhhh....
ISOxFv5h.jpg
gayR9FE.gif
riri-fifi-et-loulou-la-bande-c3a0-picsou-2017.jpg

bhg469

I would like this a lot. It was one of the interactive games that really looked great. The screens in MK really were a downgrade in comparison.

Lora Baines Bradley

My little brother is going to be so upset- "Perry" is a must-do every trip. We just recently became APs and on our last trip we told him we'd do it next time, but I guess that's not happening :oops: He does love Ducktales, though. Has the PS3 game, DVDs, and whatever merch we can find for a reasonable price. I do enjoy the writing for the current iteration. It's really well done and fits the theme of the show, although I do suppose Ducktales is a better fit thematically.

Lora Baines Bradley

I wouldn't go that far. Phineas and Ferb takes place in a world inhabited by humans, Ducktales does not.

The main reason I think it's a better fit is because the characters in Phineas and Ferb very rarely leave their city. Them going on vacation fits as the reason why they're in WS, but it's kind of weird because you don't see them out of their natural environment (Danville) that much. Sure, they go to Atlantis, and there's an episode where they travel the world, but...those are outliers. Each episode is formulaic, for the most part. This is coming from someone who adores the show and has seen every episode multiple times.

Ducktales, on the other hand, has a "world travel/adventure" theme. It makes more sense for Scrooge & Co. to be in Mexico looking for a lost artifact than for Phineas and Ferb to be in Mexico on vacation even though you just saw them on vacation in China.

And for the whole "Phineas and Ferb is a human world" thing, P&F also has an anthropomorphic animal crime agency. I don't think the ducks in WS will feel too out of place, depending on how they theme it.

TiggerDad

The main reason I think it's a better fit is because the characters in Phineas and Ferb very rarely leave their city. Them going on vacation fits as the reason why they're in WS, but it's kind of weird because you don't see them out of their natural environment (Danville) that much. Sure, they go to Atlantis, and there's an episode where they travel the world, but...those are outliers. Each episode is formulaic, for the most part. This is coming from someone who adores the show and has seen every episode multiple times.

Ducktales, on the other hand, has a "world travel/adventure" theme. It makes more sense for Scrooge & Co. to be in Mexico looking for a lost artifact than for Phineas and Ferb to be in Mexico on vacation even though you just saw them on vacation in China.

And for the whole "Phineas and Ferb is a human world" thing, P&F also has an anthropomorphic animal crime agency. I don't think the ducks in WS will feel too out of place, depending on how they theme it.
Kim Possible was always traveling the world on missions. She was a better fit back when this all started.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom