ruins of old disney rides

Man, Disney has almost no excuse not to restore JII back to the original. If they're storing a lot of the original AA's, just put it all back.

Disney logic dictates that if I dream hard enough, it'll come true :animwink:

The Duck

Man, Disney has almost no excuse not to restore JII back to the original. If they're storing a lot of the original AA's, just put it all back.

Disney logic dictates that if I dream hard enough, it'll come true :animwink:

If it were only that simple. The original ride track was very complex with the cars hooking and unhooking from the track onto the carousel that featured the Dreamfinder's "flight scene". Over the years, this one scene in particular caused more headaches due to the complexity if the mechanics. One of the biggest problems was (and is) the lack of a sponsor to fork up cash. If another sponsor were to come forward, hopefully a fourth incarnation will develop which will reunite Dreamfinder and Figment but the original version is probably gone forever.

If it were only that simple. The original ride track was very complex with the cars hooking and unhooking from the track onto the carousel that featured the Dreamfinder's "flight scene". Over the years, this one scene in particular caused more headaches due to the complexity if the mechanics. One of the biggest problems was (and is) the lack of a sponsor to fork up cash. If another sponsor were to come forward, hopefully a fourth incarnation will develop which will reunite Dreamfinder and Figment but the original version is probably gone forever.

Yeah, pretty much. If they do end up making v4.0, and do it with the Dreamfinder added back, I doubt it would be a complete replica of the original. I would hope it'd be close, and back to the original theme of exploring the different areas of imagination. It dawned on me that no doubt execs were wanting to make the whole pavilion have the same theme, so they took the Honey, I Shrunk the Audience theme and fired the Dreamfinder. The brought back Eo ... so in time, perhaps they'll court a new sponsor to restore JII. With money and modern technology, I'm sure they'd find a way to make the turntable work--or come up with something similar that does.

Could you imagine what they'd be able to do if they got a company like Apple or Google to sponsor it?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
There used to be some discarded and abandoned former Country Bear Jamboree animal heads staring up at you from the darkness of the Haunted Mansion.

Where are those photographs? :lookaroun

Country-Bear-Jamboree-Max2s.jpg

raven

Nevermind I guess I did take a shot of behind Soarin and the Land when I was up. This clearly shows that the sub or whatever it was is not there anymore as of 2-9-12.

It's backstage in the tree farm area between German and the marina now. Just to top half of the shell which they use for events at World Showplace from time to time.

The carousel was only for the show scene. The cars never "hooked" onto it but rather went around it. They never made a full rotation but pulled away fron the scene just as it was ending.

Sonya_c

The ride, along with the rest of the pavillion closed in 2007, I believe.
The simulators are no longer in working condition, and the facility will not reopen in its previous form.

In a different post I read that the simulators were being used for the new star tours during testing. :shrug:

Scuttle

It's backstage in the tree farm area between German and the marina now. Just to top half of the shell which they use for events at World Showplace from time to time.

I can't locate it in this picture. What area is it at Raven? It's hard to tell, but I zoomed in on them and couldn't find anything.

Attachments

• 2-9-12 077.jpg
    2-9-12 077.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 86
  • 2-9-12 078.jpg
    2-9-12 078.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 83

montyz81

Fuji could come in now.. Personally, I think Apple would make a great sponsor to this ride.

raven

In a different post I read that the simulators were being used for the new star tours during testing. :shrug:

That was faulse. Testing happened at the actual Star Tours location. The area under the old Body Wars simulators are used to store new and extra parts for Future World East attractions (car parts for Test Track and items for UOE). Likewise the boat storage and outside area for Living With The Land houses items for Future World West attractions and SSE.

I can't locate it in this picture. What area is it at Raven? It's hard to tell, but I zoomed in on them and couldn't find anything.

I don't know where they went. This area is currently being used every day for F&G prep so they could've moved them out of the way. They are on tractor trailors so they are easy to hual.

cmanley23

I just found the Nautilus subs on Bing Maps right behind the greenhouses in the same area, but behind some red container boxes a short distance to the east from their original location.

epcot_nautilus.png

misterID

Haha...if we can dream it, then we can do it. Yes, we can, yes, we can....

Man I miss the old rides. :cry:

Makes me really wish WESTCOT would have been built. No way DLers would allow Imagination to look how it does here today. Or let Horizons disappear. And we'd still have a place to visit them.

:fork:

cmanley23

Nautilus Submarine in Epcot

That was faulse. Testing happened at the actual Star Tours location. The area under the old Body Wars simulators are used to store new and extra parts for Future World East attractions (car parts for Test Track and items for UOE). Likewise the boat storage and outside area for Living With The Land houses items for Future World West attractions and SSE.

I don't know where they went. This area is currently being used every day for F&G prep so they could've moved them out of the way. They are on tractor trailors so they are easy to hual.

Well here's my first post on the forums here after being a longtime looker after going to WDW my first time at the end of 2008 beginning of 2009.

I was looking through the posts on this thread on where the Nautilus submarines were located at in Epcot. I found them on Bing Maps located a little bit to the east in the same location as before behind the greenhouses where there are some red storage containers right off the road. I'm not sure how recent the satellite photo is of the area, but I hope this helps someone out.

epcot_nautilus.png

Sorry on the double post, wasn't sure if my original post got approved by the mods...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom