ruins of old disney rides

draybook

Yeah, the first half of the Pop Century is being turned into the Art of Animation resort. 9/11 is what happened to it to begin with. When tourism took that hit, they halted construction.

I was glad to see this thread, and to see all of the information on these rides of the bygone days. I never got to experience any of them so it's nice to read about them.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Whats Cranium Command, Upstairs Imageworks and River Country look like as of THIS year I wonder?

hmmm... :drevil:

-WondersOfLife

The last original pavilion. :king:

raven

Whats Cranium Command, Upstairs Imageworks and River Country look like as of THIS year I wonder?

hmmm... :drevil:

-WondersOfLife

The last original pavilion. :king:

Cranium Command looks the same as last year, Imageworks is gutted even more. Can't say much will be left of RC in the near future at all.

CrescentLake

Cranium Command looks the same as last year, Imageworks is gutted even more. Can't say much will be left of RC in the near future at all.

So does that mean they're going ahead with the DVC project that was rumored a while back? Or is it something completely different? (RC)

Questions only asked if you're liable to tell us, of course. :lookaroun

Scuttle

Something is going on there for sure. I have seen boats docked there on multiple occasions recently.

riverscu0m0

aw man.
I'm so excited that I found these forums! Now I don't have to bother my friends with all my Disney talk! I'm not sure if this is where this question would belong, but I guess if they actually did close it it would eventually become abandoned (because Disney seems to not really clean up their messes and just leave them there- perhaps in hope that they'd just go away? river country.. pop century.. wand.. :p) Are they closing Toon Town in Magic Kingdom for the fantasyland expansion?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
aw man.
I'm so excited that I found these forums! Now I don't have to bother my friends with all my Disney talk! I'm not sure if this is where this question would belong, but I guess if they actually did close it it would eventually become abandoned (because Disney seems to not really clean up their messes and just leave them there- perhaps in hope that they'd just go away? river country.. pop century.. wand.. :p) Are they closing Toon Town in Magic Kingdom for the fantasyland expansion?

Already closed and demolished. Two of tents are being redone and re-purposed though.

montyz81

Its not a ride remnant, but the other day when I was looking around EPCOT using bing map's birds eye view I saw where it looks like they store all the kiosk / temporary structures for Food and Wine, etc. You have to zoom in and rotate away from north, but you can see all the little huts lined up in the backstage area between France and Morocco.
http://binged.it/wTE64v

Not nearly as exciting as ride props, but I thought it was neat.

That is exactly what they are. I have driven back there several times. I worked in one of the disney business centers for a week in january

The Simba puppet from the Lion King parade is apparently in front of a junkyard on Old Winter Garden Road.

The forehead piece is missing making him look more like a Terminator than a lion.

Upstairs ImageWorks has seen little change from August 2011 to January 2012. Some scaffolding went up around the light tunnel for a little while but that was it. Like Raven said, WOL stayed pretty much the same. Buzzy in his same condition. BodyWars all locked up and impossible to get to. Oh well.

WojoDPW

Upstairs ImageWorks has seen little change from August 2011 to January 2012. Some scaffolding went up around the light tunnel for a little while but that was it. Like Raven said, WOL stayed pretty much the same. Buzzy in his same condition. BodyWars all locked up and impossible to get to. Oh well.

When/why did they close BodyWars? I used to love going on that ride! Also, if it is all locked up, does that mean they are leaving up the possibility of using that type of ride technology in the future and just rebranding the ride?

Lee

Adventurer
When/why did they close BodyWars? I used to love going on that ride! Also, if it is all locked up, does that mean they are leaving up the possibility of using that type of ride technology in the future and just rebranding the ride?

The ride, along with the rest of the pavillion closed in 2007, I believe.
The simulators are no longer in working condition, and the facility will not reopen in its previous form.

NYwdwfan

Something is going on there for sure. I have seen boats docked there on multiple occasions recently.

I thought I read somewhere here that they had to adjust the shoreline to accommodate the decrease in the shoreline when they expanded the beach for the GF DVC. Something about code requiring them to keep the same volume for the body of water?

Respo12

the epcot wand video is really interesting. does anyone have any google map pics or any photos of it on disney property after they took it down?

Horizons1

So does that mean they're going ahead with the DVC project that was rumored a while back? Or is it something completely different? (RC)

Questions only asked if you're liable to tell us, of course. :lookaroun

DVC. They've been picking at the area and taking measurements for so long now. Things are going to pick up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom