News Roy O. Disney overhaul

TrainsOfDisney

Some of the tour guides at Strasburg are worse than bus drivers - one told me that the 611 was the last steam locomotive ever built and that Amtrak doesn’t have a speed limit, they can go as fast as they want.

Railfan26

2 things! 1…. When is Disney gonna see that us railfans find steam train overhauls interesting? It’s a once in a lifetime experience! 2…. Strasburg can take their time on Roy since the WDWRR could be down in the near future for expansion projects that were just announced.

JoeCamel

2 things! 1…. When is Disney gonna see that us railfans find steam train overhauls interesting? It’s a once in a lifetime experience! 2…. Strasburg can take their time on Roy since the WDWRR could be down in the near future for expansion projects that were just announced.
They could build a parallel track before the need to remove the present one and keep disruption to a minimum but to your first point I don't know what the production cost to do a doc about the restoration would be or how they could get enough ROI to greenlight it but it would be way cool to showcase the planning and work it takes to do that level of restoration.
Some might find it boring though...... Has Bob got a choo choo in his backyard?

dtng2000

I’m still finding it stupid that they have to close the railroad again after only two years open, but if it’s what they have to do it’s what they have to do. Meanwhile I’m still not prepared to mourn for the Liberty Belle Riverboat. I’m going to miss the whistle exchange between the two steam vehicles.

TrainsOfDisney

I’m guessing WDW didn’t save any of the boilers? At Disneyland they kept the first boiler of the Ripley and they use it for training. They had it on display during the galaxies edge construction.

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
I’m guessing WDW didn’t save any of the boilers? At Disneyland they kept the first boiler of the Ripley and they use it for training. They had it on display during the galaxies edge construction.
Strasburg disposed of Lilly’s, Walter’s and Roger’s Dixon boilers. Don’t expect Roy’s to have a different fate.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom