Roy E. Disney has Passed away.

mighty mouse

:cry: This is truly sad news. I am at a loss for words. I feel as though as member of the family has left us. My most sincere condolences to the Disney family. Thanks for everything Roy. You will be missed.

Maerj

I just saw this, very sad news. I had the opportunity to meet him twice, once in NYC and then in Philadelphia. He was a very friendly and gracious guy. :( So long, Roy.

bigedefd

Very sad news. My thoughts and those of my family are with the whole Disney family. May the find warmth and peace in the memories of Roy. God Bless and protect you all.:(

Reason

The last thread

Bye Roy. You fought derision and belittling from Walt and later "Walt's Men" and twice arrived to help guide the company when it was becoming irrelevant. Without Roy it is unlikely, no impossible, that Eisner and Wells [or someone like them] would have been brought in to create what ended up as a Second Disney Renaissance '84-94. Animation transcended what had been done previously [70's], and without Roy do we have a 3rd or 4th gate in Florida? It is unlikely that the beautiful DLP is built without Eisner and therefore without Roy. True, the problems resulting from DLP created a lot of problems here in the States, but what a park!

Roy sped up the death throes of Eisner when there was still some money to be had in the economy.

He also had the great fortune to hire a tireless attorney named Stanley Gold to look out for his company's interests, which fortunately dovetailed into the best interests of Walt Disney Productions. Man I miss that name!

Walt would not approve of everything WDC has done during the last 25 years, but I think he would have loved the majority. I think if Roy Jr hadn't rose to the occasion to help direct Disney either time our love/infatuation/obsession would not be anything like it is today.

Thanks Roy. Clear sailing ahead.

JimboJones123

The "Idiot Nephew" is still one of the greatest of Disney illusions throughout the years.

Bless you for you passion and love for something that you happent to fall into due to your family.

The torch was passed, not to fulfil ego, not to make a mark, but with the upmost respect for his uncle.

May there someday again be a face for the Walt Disney Corperation with the humble grace of Roy E. Disney.

You, like your father and uncle before you, are an inspiration to the world.

Computer Magic

Roy E like his father blended into the back ground and never sought the spot light. Only true Disney fans knows the impact of Roy E and his father Roy before him. Without Roy and Roy E Walt's dream would have faded long ago. Walt and Roy can now tell Roy E how proud they are with the way Roy E carried the torch.

Hopefully, another Disney will take the torch so proudly held by Walt, Roy and Roy E. Rest in Peace as you deserve that theme park in the heavens...

EPCOT Explorer

Original Poster
*sigh*, these posts are so touching, and depressing. We really did loose someone great today.

[youtube]
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/51raA_iLY-Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/51raA_iLY-Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

^ I'll never remember him any other way.:eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom