Rotating Spaceship Earth

radioandy

ISTCNavigator57 said:
BREAKING NEWS! Spaceship Earth has just rolled off of its supports during the annual 120º spin, rolled south, crushing the Fountain of Nations (and the talking drinking fountain :cry: ), and continued rolling right into World Showcase Lagoon creating a tidal wave that destroyed everything from Italy to France. Disney hopes to reopen Spaceship Earth tomorrow as a "magical boatride through the history of human communication."

But that wasn't an accident. They pushed SE off its supports to film the new Indiana Jones sequel. You should have seen Harrison Ford running from that giant golfball with his walker! :p

ToTBellHop

lol...Indy still uses that whip with style, even in a wheelchair! I hear the opening of Indy 4 will involve Indy calling the Scooter Store :D

BRWombat

No, no, no. Everyone knows that the current Spaceship Earth is not the original. In fact, every night shortly after midnight they throw the sphere away and replace it with an exact replica.

I got this straight from Pal Mickey. At least, I think that's what he said.

ToTBellHop

Company to Generate Wind Power on New Attraction

ORLANDO, FL: The Walt Disney Co., which owns and operates the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida announced today that following the opening of the new "it's a small world Version 2.0" in the World Showcase district of its Epcot park, the new Epcot Street Sign attraction will have new fans installed capable of generating wind power.

Disney CEO Michael Eisner reported, "We are always looking for ways to revolutionize our Parks and Resort in an effort to cut costs and increase my Christmas bonus, so I am personally quite pleased with this addition".

It is estimated that the new structures will generate enough power to run all of the Churro Carts throughout the Epcot Park along with the Fastpass Kiosks at the brand new Talking Drinking Fountain @ Epcot attraction which blasts water from 0 to 60 mm in the air in less than 3 seconds, in sync with on-ride audio INSIDE the drinking fountain. This new thrill ride features Disney's innovative FASTPASS service.

Remarked one excited guest: "I used to feel like entering Epcot was like crossing a giant cemetery en route to a golf course, but with these new upgrades, that massive Epcot Street Sign is a beacon of light as I traverse the entrance cemetery, and I now have churros and chilled, tasty beverages to enjoy after that haunting experience."

The Walt Disney Co. expects that these additions will increase revenues by an estimated 10%.

FigmentJedi

Did anyone here hear Figment screaming when Spaceship Earth rolled off it's supports? I thought I heard him screaming loud enough to be heard in Iowa.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Tahu said:
Did anyone here hear Figment screaming when Spaceship Earth rolled off it's supports? I thought I heard him screaming loud enough to be heard in Iowa.

I heard Dreamfinder laughing all the way from Kodak!

I have never laughed so much reading any post on these boards! ISTCNavigator57 - :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ToTBellHop

DarkMeasures said:
What about the Mission Space Ladder? And the Mission Space Chair?
I have just received word that replacing the old Fountain of Nations will be another brand new attraction entitled Mission: FURNITURE @ Epcot. In this ground-breaking new psychological thrill ride, you will be able to either sit atop Mission: LADDER or in the comfortable Mission: CHAIR as Cast Members spritz you with water and offer Mickey's Premium Bars (for a nominal charge of $4). This new multi-hundred dollar thrill ride is years in the making in an unprecedented joint project between a theme park and a furniture company. Guests will be able to sit forwards or backwards on this new furniture as water is shot at them from all directions and smell guests constantly walk by on a multi-sensory thrill ride. At night, the thrills run even higher as Mission: FURNITURE moves over to the fiber optic effects near Innoventions, and a radio featuring Radio Disney shows up, creating an even more thrilling new ride: Rock 'n' Beer on a Coaster. These impressive new offerings come with Disney's innovative FASTPASS service, whereby guests bypass the queue lines and can enjoy their Mickey's Premium Bars (at a nominal charge) with little or no wait!

diddy_mouse

:lol: :lol: :lol:

along with Mission: CHAIR and Mission: LADDER, you also might take a side trip to visit the Furniture Showcase across the lagoon. the country of Sweden has been added for not only its delicious meatballs, cheese, and clog dancing, but also its easy to assemble furniture. be sure to check out the Fluggenhaffen...a Swedish version of a chair. it'll give Mission:CHAIR and LADDER a run for its money.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Should Mission:Furniture not interest you, and Furniture Showcase have run out of Fast passes by 10am, you can always take a look at Surprise in the Lagoon - any item of furniture not securely fastened down in Spaceship Earth floated out and can now be clearly seen from all around the promonade. Apparently the scaffolding tresstle Da Vinci used to lie on is being used to mount the fire effects from the now squashed Inferno Barge.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom