Rotating Spaceship Earth

jrashadb

Oh, for the love of...

of course it was a joke. it was just kind of a pedestrian one.

:lol:

sorry... just kidding. I'm in a weird mood today.

Buzzforprez

I've been there while they do this!! Biggest darn car jack I have ever seen!!!! :lol: My friend, I have a lovely bridge for sale in Brooklyn if you are interested.

yensidtlaw1969

DarkMeasures said:
Wait. Maybe Spaceship Earth is really a giant Discoball. But it was never used for its potential because Disco died before the park could be opened.
Yeah, the park was originally going to be called EFDOT: Extremely Funky Disco Of Tomorrow :lookaroun

themouseman

Did you know that all of Disney world was once rotated so on WDW's 25 birthday they could cook that giant castle cake?

It's true I herd it from my uncles, friends, brothers, roommates, dog (His names Wilson and let me tell you he is one smart dog)
:p

Gregory

yensidtlaw1969 said:
Yeah, the park was originally going to be called EFDOT: Extremely Funky Disco Of Tomorrow :lookaroun
Thats hilarious...

Anyways... I, also, can't beleive how many people took that seriously... :lookaroun

LoriMistress

musketeer said:
I just heard a rumor that I'm absolutely positive is 100% true. I heard it from a friend of a friend who has a brother who knows someone from high school who had a older sister who worked at a Disney store once. She said that Spaceship Earth gets lifted once every few years and rotated. The reason is because the sun only shines on one side, and slowly the sphere gets warped due to temperature variation. This is only a problem on a sphere (and not a normal building) because it needs to keep its shape within a small tolerance.

I guess they do it at night every few years in the off season so there are few people around so no one will notice.

Pretty cool.

LOL...that was great! Wonderful sense of humor. I love satire.

Nicole

musketeer said:
I had thought that by saying: "a friend of a friend of a ....." would have clued some in...but I guess not.

But oh some of the comments are adding to the fun of the thread! Thanks Musketeer!

Wilt Dasney

The rumor is completely true. The real issue here is that someone was able to pass it along, since Disney uses a complex mind-erasing device to prevent anyone who's ever there to witness the rotation from remembering it. This demands further investigation.

Moonshadow1

jmaxwell007 said:
SPOILER ALERT: there are morons here and they sometimes come out from under thier rock.

yeh, i caught on to that really quick, but you have to realize that there are plenty of morons lurking about (if you are reading this, it isnt you) but you would be quiet surprised what people will really think.

oh good I am glad you said that I was starting to think it was me

cherrynegra

Whoa!!! I can't believe that the friend of a friend who has a brother who knows someone from high school who had a older sister who worked at a Disney store once let the cat out of the bag and divulged such a HUGE Disney secret.

I guess this means that the friend of a friend who has a brother who knows someone from high school who had a older sister who worked at a Disney store once is going to get FIRED!!

:lol: Thanks everyone who posted on this one. Especially the original thread starter. Really gave me a good laugh.

TnkrBelPixiDust

I'm sure im like the BILLIONTH person to say this but yeah well.. seriously... this cant be true... like everyone has stated in the past.. the metal supports and the ride in itself..!?? Sounds just like a RUMOR to me! :lol:

ToTBellHop

Breaking News!

BREAKING NEWS! Spaceship Earth has just rolled off of its supports during the annual 120º spin, rolled south, crushing the Fountain of Nations (and the talking drinking fountain :cry: ), and continued rolling right into World Showcase Lagoon creating a tidal wave that destroyed everything from Italy to France. Disney hopes to reopen Spaceship Earth tomorrow as a "magical boatride through the history of human communication."

careship

ISTCNavigator57 said:
BREAKING NEWS! Spaceship Earth has just rolled off of its supports during the annual 120º spin, rolled south, crushing the Fountain of Nations (and the talking drinking fountain :cry: ), and continued rolling right into World Showcase Lagoon creating a tidal wave that destroyed everything from Italy to France. Disney hopes to reopen Spaceship Earth tomorrow as a "magical boatride through the history of human communication."

With the rolling ball and all......I only need to say one thing.....

FORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yensidtlaw1969

ISTCNavigator57 said:
Did it float? I've been wanting to know FOREVER.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom