Room Request

Ginger40

I'm sure this question has been answered numerous times, but I have not been on here for awhile. Can you still make a request for a room/building even though you only pay for the standard room? Please help or lead me to the right thread. Thanks!!!

Pioneer Hall

You can make a request, but it needs to be within the category you are paying for. So say you are paying for a Standard room at Pop Century, you can't ask for a room in the 60's.

Upvote 0

ArtieJim

To further the above statement. We made a room request when we did online check-in for our trip last October. When we got to the actual room we were given the building we requested (we were staying at All-Star Movies) but instead of the king bed we requested we had two full beds, or whatever size they are, and did not have the requested fridge.

This wasn't really a big deal, especially since it was a short walk to the front desk to say something about it, they were very accommodating, as they always are and moved us to a room with one bed and brought in a mini-fridge. They also told us that the online check-in isn't the best way to go about it, if you're really hoping to get your requests fulfilled (so long as they are in the price range you payed for) you're better off calling before you get there.

Best of luck.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
To further the above statement. We made a room request when we did online check-in for our trip last October. When we got to the actual room we were given the building we requested (we were staying at All-Star Movies) but instead of the king bed we requested we had two full beds, or whatever size they are, and did not have the requested fridge.

This wasn't really a big deal, especially since it was a short walk to the front desk to say something about it, they were very accommodating, as they always are and moved us to a room with one bed and brought in a mini-fridge. They also told us that the online check-in isn't the best way to go about it, if you're really hoping to get your requests fulfilled (so long as they are in the price range you payed for) you're better off calling before you get there.

Best of luck.
Depending on the resort you were at the King bed rooms might have been a specific category. This is the case at the moderates. At the values the king bed rooms are are the handicap accessible rooms. Understandably, those needing a HC room get those first.

Regarding online check in and requests. The only way online check in hurts your requests being honored is if you select a early check in time. If you select a 7:00 AM check in time they are going to try and have your room ready at 7:00 AM. It stands to reason that the stock of available rooms at 7:00 AM is not as good as it would be at 5:00 PM. Lastly you the requests that you can put on on line check in are incredibly limited. Requests must be put on your reservation preferably at least 10 days prior to arrival. Calling the resort is fruitless as they will simply direct you back to the reservation center usually without your knowledge (ie you think you are talking to the resort directly).

Upvote 0

oommggitskait

Depending on the resort you were at the King bed rooms might have been a specific category. This is the case at the moderates. At the values the king bed rooms are are the handicap accessible rooms. Understandably, those needing a HC room get those first.

Regarding online check in and requests. The only way online check in hurts your requests being honored is if you select a early check in time. If you select a 7:00 AM check in time they are going to try and have your room ready at 7:00 AM. It stands to reason that the stock of available rooms at 7:00 AM is not as good as it would be at 5:00 PM. Lastly you the requests that you can put on on line check in are incredibly limited. Requests must be put on your reservation preferably at least 10 days prior to arrival. Calling the resort is fruitless as they will simply direct you back to the reservation center usually without your knowledge (ie you think you are talking to the resort directly).

I have been contemplating this issue a lot this week (because I'm down to 58 days away and have nothing else to think about!:lol:). Staying at POFQ and have payed for a king bed room. Hoping to request building 4 with a courtyard view, but also want to do online check in AND will be getting there around 1pm on day of arrival. It's hard to decide what is priority... room being ready early? good building? good view?
This is very helpful information thanks!

Upvote 0

Poofiesdream

Call the reservation line and tell them what kind of room you want to request. They will do their best to fill the request within the room type category.

Upvote 0

CaptainShortty

I have been contemplating this issue a lot this week (because I'm down to 58 days away and have nothing else to think about!:lol:). Staying at POFQ and have payed for a king bed room. Hoping to request building 4 with a courtyard view, but also want to do online check in AND will be getting there around 1pm on day of arrival. It's hard to decide what is priority... room being ready early? good building? good view?
This is very helpful information thanks!

Here's what you can do. You can do online check in and make your request. When you get to the desk to check-in and find out what room you have (if not what you wanted) you can ask the CM if they have the type of room you requested. They may tell you its not ready yet, or they may tell you it is but you can make the decision on what to do when you get there. Disney really does do their best to honor ALL your requests, it's just hard to get them all sometimes. Hope that helps!

Upvote 0

CaptainShortty

Call the reservation line and tell them what kind of room you want to request. They will do their best to fill the request within the room type category.

It's better to call the hotel less than 10 days before your arrival. Call DRC is good but you're putting less people in between your request and your reservation if you just call the hotel directly. :)

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It's better to call the hotel less than 10 days before your arrival. Call DRC is good but you're putting less people in between your request and your reservation if you just call the hotel directly. :)
Captain...from what I understand you are or were a front desk CM. Every bit of official information I have, both coming directly from Disney as well as people I know that have worked the desk at other resorts and/or the DRC all say the same thing regarding calling the resorts for room requests. That is that the calls are directed back to the DRC. The only time you actually talk to someone at the front desk of the resort is if you are already checked into the resort and have an issue. I would like to know what your actual experience has been regarding guests calling the resort directly for requests.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Captain...from what I understand you are or were a front desk CM. Every bit of official information I have, both coming directly from Disney as well as people I know that have worked the desk at other resorts and/or the DRC all say the same thing regarding calling the resorts for room requests. That is that the calls are directed back to the DRC. The only time you actually talk to someone at the front desk of the resort is if you are already checked into the resort and have an issue. I would like to know what your actual experience has been regarding guests calling the resort directly for requests.

Hi there all, I concur with what Master Yoda has said and I know a few years back the resorts did accept faxed requests for room requests. My understanding is now they are not allowed to accept them, as they must be on the reservation. The best way to make sure that you get your request is to call it in ( or drop your favorite travel agent an e mail so they can add this information on your behalf) and make sure it is on the reservation. As others have said, Disney is really good about trying to accomodate requests. I have always gotten my requests. Also keep your requests general or explain the reason so the room assignment team knows what you are looking for such as a room close to the bus stop, a quieter location etc. If you request a specific room number and it is not available, they wont know why you wanted that room and wont be able to help you with your request. Good luck!! Marie

Upvote 0

oommggitskait

People, you've "paid" for a room view, not "payed." (Sorry, it's a pet peeve of mine.)

Wow. Embarrassing on my part because I'm a speech language pathologist. And I have many grammatical and spelling pet peeves (their they'rr and there being my biggest) In my defense, my iPhone auto corrected :) but thanks for keeping me on my toes and welcome to the forum.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom