Room rehab at CSR

Buzz2001

The rehab at CSR is now moving to casita 4. All the cabana buildings are complete as are ranchos 6a and 6b. The 4th floors in casita 1, 2 and 3 are done as well. All looks on schedule to be complete by 10/2009.

2z6sawj.jpg

nn18gh.jpg

iqacnk.jpg

5bo5ls.jpg

23nxax.jpg

SchultzFamily

Ranchos 7A is done and open again. Casitas 2 is down now for rehab and will be all month. So, as things stand, all of the Cabanas are done and all of the Ranchos are done. Casitas 4 and 5 are complete; once they finish Casitas 2, they will only have the first three floors of Casitas 1 and 3 to finish. Looks to me as if they are on schedule and will be done by October 09 as predicted.

Upvote 0

Buzz2001

Original Poster
According to a CM from CSR, they will no longer use the resort specific mugs. They have begun to use the new WDW mugs.

Upvote 0

justdru

According to a CM from CSR, they will no longer use the resort specific mugs. They have begun to use the new WDW mugs.

That's awesome - that was one of the things that I was kind of aggravated about in staying there.

Buzz, you've really made this a hard sell for me! My girlfriend and I are basically down to Caribbean Beach vs. Coronado Springs and have never stayed at either. We can't decide... everything about 'vacation' says the beach, especially since my girlfriend has never been to the beach it would probably be nice to her. However, your website is so nice it makes it a hard decision!

:ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

justdru

Buzz:

How is Maya Grill? I've seen an overwhelming number of people say it's just a terrible place but noticed one guy today who said it wasn't. What's your take?

Upvote 0

Buzz2001

Original Poster
We love the Maya Grill. It is usually empty, very good food and a nice atmosphere. Ask for a table by the window overlooking the lake if you dine at night. Great views! I also love their breakfast buffet.

mayagrillmenu.jpg

Here are some reviews.

We took a nap and headed down to Maya Grill for dinner hoping they would have something open. Of course they did - no wait even. This place is GORGEOUS. The seating is so unlike Disney - everywhere else we went we were sitting on top of other people but not here. The lighting and atmosphere were just really great. The server turned out to be from Barnesville, Ohio - this little of a town where I actually went to school for 2yrs while in highschool. I was absolutely shocked that her tag said Barnesville.

So anyhow...

I ordered the filet mignon with onion mashed potatoes and mixed veg (grilled squashes, peppers, onions, carrots) and DH ordered the special which was Paella. He also ordered a side of plantains and we also had drinks - a blackstone merlot and a dirty martini. We also had a soda and soda water. The dinners were really to die for. The steak was out of this world. I would say its the best steak Ive *ever* had and we eat a lot of steaks! The mashed potatoes were so good and I dont even care for onions. I was thrilled they had my wine (the blackstone merlot) so I was of course pleased with that. DH enjoyed his paella but did not like the martini. I dont know why.. he just said it was off. I tried the plantains and they were cut on the bias and not cooked as I normally know them to be cooked but they were the best plantains Ive tasted - they had a wonderful carmelization and I could have ate them all if hed let me.

Then it was dessert time. We are on the DDP so dessert is a must. I had their fried cheesecake and he ordered the creme brulee. I didnt bother having his since I had my fair share of creme brulee. My cheesecake was SO GOOD. It had this coconut sauce or something on the bottom of it.. almost like melted ice cream but maybe just coconut milk or cream? It was really really good. I ate the entire thing no problem. DH liked the creme brulee.. he said it was less sweet than the stuff at the Coral Reef.

We liked this place so much we cancled our Kona reservations for Friday and came back for dinner again. I had the steak tips with mushrooms and he had the duck this time. We both had the fried cheese cake and I started off with a side order of plantains. I ordered the mashed potatoes again and my dinner actually came with a corn husk filled with cornmeal in the shape of a banana that was the same consistancy of a tamale - it was an awesome surprise since I love tamales. DH really liked the duck, it didnt come with anything though but it filled the plate so it must have been enough. We got our cheesecakes to go and they were just as good a few hours later back at our room. They were well packed and even came with plasticware which I was happy about.

Both times our servers were great. The restaurant is geared more towards adults which was perfect for us since we were kidless this vacation. It was by far my favorite place to eat at Disney or anywhere else for that matter.

I took a picture of the dinner menu posted outside the restaurant. The prices arent on it but the filet was $36 I believe. I think all of the dinners were about $30-$36 dollars. Maybe the duck was more.

Loved it. Im really surprised I didnt read anything about it here on the Dis before I left. I know its at Coronado Springs and probably not a popular resort or theres no signature to it but if you are looking for a great dinner with great atmosphere this is the place. There were kids there too so dont be shy to bring them, but its just a bit on the fancy side I guess so maybe they wouldnt like it.. I plan on taking my two here when we go back, or maybe getting a sitter for the little one.

Maya is a real hidden dining gem on WDW property. I don't know who their chef is, but we think he/she is a master of the spice world. Their food has spices, flavor and maybe a slight kick. But not spicy overpowering. Just flavorful and a real enhancement.
2 adults on the DDP.
We have eaten here in the past, but used the DDE. We are always so full we pass on dessert. But last night we just "had to" have dessert. We were anticipating it!
No appys -- and thank goodness. We were stuffed, and I did not even finish my entree, no matter how good it was!
DH ordered:
Tamarind Marinated Rack of Lamb served with Antilles couscous

Me:
Beef Tenderloin Tips with sauteed mushroom medley

As always, they serve up first a basket of delish bread varieties, along with a dip of fresh herbs and garlic in virgin olive oil. That alone is wonderful and worth going to MG for.

DH has had the lamb dish before and loves it. He loves even the couscous and whatever else they serve with it.
I always order meat well done, and in good restaurants (such as here and Chefs) I get it cooked perfect to my liking.
I love the MG because everything does have that great wood grilled flavor, in addition to good meat and spice flavors.
My side was mushrooms and mashed potatoes. The taters had skins in them and something else. And they were delicious.
I did not finish the meat or mushrooms, and only ate half of my potatoes. Of course their bread and dip is so darn good I really have to refrain from stuffing myself on that.

Desserts:
DH -- fried cheesecake
me -- creme brulee

DH really liked the taste of his cheesecake, and our server said it was her favorite. He said the outside was tough and hard to cut, but he ate it all and said it was good. He just did not know he would order it again.
My brulee was perfect. The serving seemed small at first, only because the dish is not deep at all. But really since it was so rich it was perfect sized. The brulee had a large blot of what tasted like a vanilla flavored heavy whipped cream, and 3/4 of a large strawberry. (Don't know where the rest of it went.

Wonderful meal, great service, and I hope to have a repeat some day. (Next time on the DDP. )

The place was nearly empty too.

Upvote 0

DisneyFan1216

We just returned from CSR and got stuck in one of the un-refurb rooms. We were Casita 3, 2nd floor. It was awful! NOTHING in the room matched any other piece of furniture or fixture. It was hideous. The bathroom was the worst and looked like a preschool boys' bedroom with racing colors. The floor was so nasty that our socks were stained after just a little walking around.

Make sure to ask for a refurb room! Don't take a chance like we did!

Upvote 0

JWH

We just returned from CSR and got stuck in one of the un-refurb rooms. We were Casita 3, 2nd floor. It was awful! NOTHING in the room matched any other piece of furniture or fixture. It was hideous. The bathroom was the worst and looked like a preschool boys' bedroom with racing colors. The floor was so nasty that our socks were stained after just a little walking around.

Make sure to ask for a refurb room! Don't take a chance like we did!

That's strange, we had an unrefurbished room in Casitas 1 (wanted to be close to the restaurants) and it was great. Both the newer and older rooms have the same southwest motif, so don't understand your complaint with the appearance. I'll agree there's no excuse for a dirty room, though.

Upvote 0

Springer

We love CSR! It's our go-to moderate! We were just there late last month and were lucky enough to be the first guests in a room that had finsihed refurb the day before check-in. One negative - Marina was still closed even in the last week of June. Guess "open seasonally" translates to "closed until further notice."

Upvote 0

Buzz2001

Original Poster
For those that have to get that workout in...

The health club is now accessible 24/7. It's staffed from 6:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Guests wanting 24-hour access to the club must meet with an attendant to sign a waiver and obtain a 24-hour access key

Upvote 0

Buzz2001

Original Poster
Casitas 2 is done and that they are currently working on both Casitas 1 and 3. These are the last two buildings! They seem to be way ahead of schedule.

Upvote 0

Buzz2001

Original Poster
A few updates...

# 2010 Coronado Springs Resort rates will be $5 per night higher than other Moderates, year-round.

# La marina will now be closed until Labor Day.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom