Romantic things you do

hooters dude

Banned
Original Poster
Hi guys, I happened to mention this in another topic and thought it would make a good post (sorry if it doesn't). Anyway, my wife and I come to Orlando every October/November (apart from last year) and celebrate our anniversary while over. One of the things we always do that WE think is romantic, is to visit the Sci-fi Dine in Theatre followed by a visit to Fantasmic.

There's something really 'cozy' about snuggling up in one of those small cars and ordering burgers and fries while watching all the sci-fi clips. The atmosphere is just perfect in there (if the food isn't the best in Disney) and the 'night time' theme makes it feel kind of like being on a date. The staff have always been great, especially when we mention it's our anniversary and one year we even got an extra free desert :slurp:.

Follow that by a nice stroll over to Fantasmic and as it's usually the last night of our trip when we visit, we spend the 90 minute wait to the start of the show 'reminiscing' about our great time in Florida! It's become a tradition of ours really and I only hope that with Fantasmics reduced performances, that we can schedule it in with our anniversary this year.

Another romantic thing we love to do, is to rent the small watercraft at Downtown Disney and take a 'pootle' around the waterways around Port Orleans which is a delightfull way to pass an hour or so. Sorry to bore you all with our 'soppy' activities :eek:

Anyone else have any other things they find romantic to do in Disney?

:wave:

maggiegrace1

We like to get a hammock on the beach at the Poly and watch the fireworks and just enjoy the scenery as Maggie sleeps in the stroller..:)

We also like strolling World Showcase after EPCOT is closed when it is basically empty..

We also enjoy sitting on the beach at FW..:)

Yoop33

We dont really have anything specific that we like to do but we just really enjoy each others company. We always have great conversations while walking through the parks about anything and everything but at the same time will say nothing at all for hours and still feel like we had a blast. Disney is kinda like our "Getaway" even though we only live minutes away. We are obsessed

Heatherbell

One of the most romantic times my husband and I ever had was during the food and wine festival at Epcot. For dinner he and I walked around the World Showcase sampling food and drinks from each booth. The showcase was beautiful and we just walked around and we would stop and sit and chat. It was really nice.

Philo

I suppose there is the classic 'Watching Fantasmic / Wishes / IllumiNations" which we always find romantic.

One thing I really like though is on the larger watercraft and 'sailing' out into bay lake / seven seas.

kcnole

Of course watching Wishes is at the top of our list.

Many of the pavilions in epcot have little spots where you can almost be to yourself, and at night with the beautiful lighting, just hanging out there can be very romantic.

Riding the TTA at night and just cuddling up with each other.

Nice dinner in one of the nice restaurants of Epcot.

WIX

My husband and I always love to walk the lake under the moolight at WL. It used to be a little better when you could hear the lake lapping on the shore. Erosion has taken the sound away, but not the romantic feelings we get from that yearly walk.

vwayfan123

I always like getting a nice tropical drink at the polynesian, and walking around the beach with my g/f at night. You can even see the fireworks at night time. I think its pretty romantic.
Renting a boat at magic kingdom and walking around downtown disney are also things i enjoy doing with my girlfriend, aside from the parks and dinners (california grill is a nice dinner with the lady)

Jimmy Thick

I remember fondly just walking slow with my wife along Main Street on our honeymoon. Then taking the slow boat back to our car under the night sky while a refreshing cool breeze whipped us silly as we gazed into each others eyes.

Then we had kids and it messed everything up.:hammer:

wdwmomof3

With three kids, we rarely find romantic time, but this next trip will be our 20th wedding anniversary so I am looking for some ideas. Keep them coming! :ROFLOL:

TakeMeThere81

I think this is a very fitting thread being that Valentine's is around the corner :)

DH and I always have our 3 kids, but we don't let it take away from romance. Some of the most romantic moments are watching our kids react to things they are doing for the first time. Sharing those moments make us love each other even more. DH and I surprise each other with little "presents" when our family splits up in the parks too..from a Root Beer float to t-shirt or something else like that. And don't forget...the kids do eventually fall asleep...:zipit:

And we use the PhotoPass photographers a lot, so we can get pictures of just us in romantic places like the Italy pavillion, in front of the Castle or Sorcerer's hat, etc. We try to take a lot of pics of just the two of us in addition to all of the kids and family photos.

We are renewing our vows sometime this fall-ish and are planning a honeymoon land/sea vacation! I'm really looking forward to it!

hooters dude

Banned
Original Poster
Another wonderful Disney memory with my wife (there's so many) was the first time I took her to see the Osbourne 'dancing' Christmas lights :xmas:. I'll never forget her face when the fake snow started as she'd been saying to me the one thing she missed about having Christmas in Orlando instead of Manchester was the lack of a traditional British Christmas feel. It was so nice as she grasped my hand and just squeeled and said "This is perfect, I'm so happy here with you".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom