Rogue One at Star Tours

DarthMileZ

Currently in orlando, went to DHS yesterday, they are selling alot of Rogue One tee's all over the place, it wouldn't suprise me if this happened....

man Star Tours has got alot more intense than it used to be, made me dizzy coming off the ride but i think thats because i closed my eyes during the jump to hyperspace :D

lnsemsf

Have they unlocked the 1st destination and transmission character yet? They did in California a few weeks ago but I got the same 2 in Florida. Of course if it's random it could have just been coincidence.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Currently in orlando, went to DHS yesterday, they are selling alot of Rogue One tee's all over the place, it wouldn't suprise me if this happened....

Gee, i wonder why that is...

it's not like the movie is coming out in a few months and merchandise usually comes out ahead of time to promote it

:p

doctornick

It would make a lot more sense than the last update since this movie actually takes place around the time period as the ride.

Agreed. I've got to say that the TFA scene really bothers me with how messed up it is with the rest of the story. BB-8 I can kinda accept because he could have been around during the OT timeframe, but Finn is totally out of place. Adding in a scene (or scenes) from Rogue One would be awesome as it would totally fit the ride.

If they really want to add in scenes from Ep VII and beyond, I'd like to see them set up the randomization so that you either get all "Original Trilogy" timeframe scenes or all "Sequel Trilogy" scenes. That is, use the original scenes for Star Tours 2.0, maybe add some for Rogue One, and you either get that set or you get an entirely new set where you have a Rebellion spy and are fighting the First Order. For example:

Scene 1: (a) General Hux with FO troopers (maybe a flame trooper or Phasma tossed in) or (b) Kylo Ren
Scene 2: (a) Jakku or (b) Takodana
Transmission: BB-8 or maybe Maz or General Leia or even Admiral Ackbar (maybe even Luke depending on his involvement in Ep VIII)
Scene 3: (a) dogfight between [new] X-wings and Tie Fighters or (b) other planet shown in Ep VIII or maybe a previously visited place (Endor?) being shown in the new trilogy timeframe.

I know this would leave things a bit inconsistent with the queue, but at least the ride you are on would be logical for the duration. And would enable them to have a lot more combos improving the repeatability of the ride.

Donaldfan1934

Agreed. I've got to say that the TFA scene really bothers me with how messed up it is with the rest of the story. BB-8 I can kinda accept because he could have been around during the OT timeframe, but Finn is totally out of place. Adding in a scene (or scenes) from Rogue One would be awesome as it would totally fit the ride.

If they really want to add in scenes from Ep VII and beyond, I'd like to see them set up the randomization so that you either get all "Original Trilogy" timeframe scenes or all "Sequel Trilogy" scenes. That is, use the original scenes for Star Tours 2.0, maybe add some for Rogue One, and you either get that set or you get an entirely new set where you have a Rebellion spy and are fighting the First Order. For example:

Scene 1: (a) General Hux with FO troopers (maybe a flame trooper or Phasma tossed in) or (b) Kylo Ren
Scene 2: (a) Jakku or (b) Takodana
Transmission: BB-8 or maybe Maz or General Leia or even Admiral Ackbar (maybe even Luke depending on his involvement in Ep VIII)
Scene 3: (a) dogfight between [new] X-wings and Tie Fighters or (b) other planet shown in Ep VIII or maybe a previously visited place (Endor?) being shown in the new trilogy timeframe.

I know this would leave things a bit inconsistent with the queue, but at least the ride you are on would be logical for the duration. And would enable them to have a lot more combos improving the repeatability of the ride.
Great insights. I just rode the ride twice today and the fact that its locked on the TFA scene definitely decreases repeatability appeal. Yes, there are now much needed alternate versions of the 3 existing end scenes that alleviate this a bit, but the fact that the TFA scenes have created a number of issues makes the changes overall a minus rather than the plus that it should be.

cjkeating

I agree in principle however I was at DL last week and rode Star Tours 10 times (over 5 days!) and never got the new scene so was disappointed! I think we had every other scene possible including the variations which made me doubt if the new scene was even in rotation.

Donaldfan1934

I agree in principle however I was at DL last week and rode Star Tours 10 times (over 5 days!) and never got the new scene so was disappointed! I think we had every other scene possible including the variations which made me doubt if the new scene was even in rotation.
Interesting. So DL's is back to normal then?

cjkeating

Interesting. So DL's is back to normal then?

Yeah, I Googled it and according to the 'net it has been back to random for a few weeks... which is fine but they were still advertising it on the map/times guide as being with a Force Awakens scene so I am sure it wasn't just me who was disappointed when they didn't see anything new.

KyloRen

I think Disney may wait on including Rogue One as it doesn't seem to be as much of a "sure success" as TFA. Sure, it has the Star Wars name slapped on it, but it definitely will not have the box office turn out as Episode VII. It seems unlikely, but what if it bombs? Ah, who am I kidding, they'll have it by January;)

indigo

When you have segments from the three different trilogies it can be a bit of a time travel experience. It pulls you out of the story and back into the experience that you're on a ride. It would be great if they eventually get enough sequences from each time period that you could stay consistent.

WhatJaneSays

A scene for Rogue One could likely be added with minimal effort, but wouldn't be likely until closer to the movies promotion ramp-up in the fall.

Of all the Star Wars fans I know, from casual to mega-obsessed, that have ridden this latest version of Star Tours maybe 3 or 4 have ever expressed distaste for any 'time travel' issues with the ride.

captainmoch

I think Disney may wait on including Rogue One as it doesn't seem to be as much of a "sure success" as TFA. Sure, it has the Star Wars name slapped on it, but it definitely will not have the box office turn out as Episode VII. It seems unlikely, but what if it bombs? Ah, who am I kidding, they'll have it by January;)
If Rogue One bombs, I will legally change my name to "Farthead." I am positive it will not. It may not be a TFA-level success, but I can't imagine a world where it bombs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom