Rogue One at Star Tours

Jones14

I rode Star Tours at Disneyland last week and went to Kashyyyk. It's back to random now even though I keep getting Coruscant. I do get Vader with/without Boba Fett now.
At Hollywood Studios it's still locked into the Force Awakens sequences.

Next Big Thing

So, they are not going to add any scenes related to the movie that takes place in the same timeframe as the ride, but will add them for movies that are 30 years later. Makes sense...
Well, Rogue One would also be an odd fit, though. They aren't Jedi or anything. They have no powers. They're pretty much just a small army. How do you fit that into Star Tours?

lazyboy97o

Well, Rogue One would also be an odd fit, though. They aren't Jedi or anything. They have no powers. They're pretty much just a small army. How do you fit that into Star Tours?
Where is it ever stated that Star Tours is related to, much less exclusively about, the Jedi or the Force? The current attraction takes place after the Jedi were exterminated.

Chet Dakota

Original Poster
It's not, but at the same time it would feel out of place against the other Star Wars movies imo.
Actually. I think it would work quite well...the Rebel Spy has the Plans and DV is out to get them back. You get chased around the galaxy, etc. and then deliver the plans to wherever the final destination is.

Next Big Thing

Star Tours has never been about the Jedi. Rogue One and Star Tours: The Adventure Continues are both about non-Jedi rebel spies during the same time period.
As I said in the post you quoted, I know it isn't about the Jedi.

Now I hadn't thought the whole thing through fully, so yes it could make sense. However, I feel like Disney is treating the spin-offs differently. Only the "Episode" movies are likely to have scenes in ST.

disneyKaiju

Huh? The Boba Fett/Death Star scene (Geonosis) is one of the last scene options -- along with Coruscant and Naboo. Even with Jakku being fixed, you could still get that one. Jakku prevents one from getting Hoth, Tatooine or Kashyyyk.

You never got the boba fett/death star2 ending? Not quite sure what your question is...?

doctornick

You never got the boba fett/death star2 ending? Not quite sure what your question is...?

I'm saying that if you did not get the Boba Fett/Death Star scene, it had nothing to do with the Ep VII scenes being added (and still being always shown at DHS). The Ep VII scene of Finn/Millennium Falcon replaces Hoth/Tatooine/Kashyyyk and has no impact on the Death Star scene option.

disneyKaiju

I'm saying that if you did not get the Boba Fett/Death Star scene, it had nothing to do with the Ep VII scenes being added (and still being always shown at DHS). The Ep VII scene of Finn/Millennium Falcon replaces Hoth/Tatooine/Kashyyyk and has no impact on the Death Star scene option.
Ahhh i get what you mean now. That being said, i rode star tours tonight AT DHS and got : TFA/BB8/BOBA-DS2

Captain Neo

I like that they are randomizing stuff IN the scenes now at least in the Disneyland version. For example when I went last time I got a new segment on Naboo where Jar Jar is swimming in front of the speeder and he crashes into the windshield Goofy style that I never saw before. In the original Naboo scene it just swung by someone who may or may not have been jar jar and C-3PO just remarked "we almost hit that poor gungan"

Captain Neo

Has there been any word on completely randomizing the ride again? As much as I love The Force Awakens, it would be nice to have the whole ride back to normal again.

As stated above Disneyland's version is already back to complete randomization so I imagine at some point the Studios will too. Probably when someone who cares realizes it.

Next Big Thing

As stated above Disneyland's version is already back to complete randomization so I imagine at some point the Studios will too. Probably when someone who cares realizes it.
Yeah, was just in LA/Disneyland for a week and was pleasantly surprised to see the randomization back. I honestly hated what they did to it with the SW7 promotion.

Captain Neo

Yeah, was just in LA/Disneyland for a week and was pleasantly surprised to see the randomization back. I honestly hated what they did to it with the SW7 promotion.

They did it for a few months to make sure everyone had a chance to see the new footage otherwise there would have been too much whinning and complaining to guest services from guests who "came all this way" and "stood in three hour lines" to see the advertised new destination only to not get to see it.

Next Big Thing

They did it for a few months to make sure everyone had a chance to see the new footage otherwise there would have been too much whinning and complaining to guest services from guests who "came all this way" and "stood in three hour lines" to see the advertised new destination only to not get to see it.
Yeah, but they're still not randomizing it in Orlando last time I knew.

KINGLOUIS1993

Agreed. I've got to say that the TFA scene really bothers me with how messed up it is with the rest of the story. BB-8 I can kinda accept because he could have been around during the OT timeframe, but Finn is totally out of place. Adding in a scene (or scenes) from Rogue One would be awesome as it would totally fit the ride.

If they really want to add in scenes from Ep VII and beyond, I'd like to see them set up the randomization so that you either get all "Original Trilogy" timeframe scenes or all "Sequel Trilogy" scenes. That is, use the original scenes for Star Tours 2.0, maybe add some for Rogue One, and you either get that set or you get an entirely new set where you have a Rebellion spy and are fighting the First Order. For example:

Scene 1: (a) General Hux with FO troopers (maybe a flame trooper or Phasma tossed in) or (b) Kylo Ren
Scene 2: (a) Jakku or (b) Takodana
Transmission: BB-8 or maybe Maz or General Leia or even Admiral Ackbar (maybe even Luke depending on his involvement in Ep VIII)
Scene 3: (a) dogfight between [new] X-wings and Tie Fighters or (b) other planet shown in Ep VIII or maybe a previously visited place (Endor?) being shown in the new trilogy timeframe.

I know this would leave things a bit inconsistent with the queue, but at least the ride you are on would be logical for the duration. And would enable them to have a lot more combos improving the repeatability of the ride.

Love the ideas buddy!

Variable

There really is nothing within the whole star tours structure that precludes going back in time line. Droids have always existed from the earliest SW fiction, space travel, the stars and tours of the stars.

The only block is within the minds of past riders who have locked onto "empire vs rebels" from Ep 6 on.

There are specific characters, C3PO and R2, whose creation story is set in specific time, but they could be changed out - new stars created! - to get past (heh, past) the creation dates.

Still, they existed in the Rogue timeframe.

Besides nobody (99%?) ever bothers to question why the pair are suddenly working the tour circuit instead of in battle against the empire. So keeping them driving the bus all the way back to earliest time, say the first episode of the animated series, wouldn't matter much at all the the riders.

Jones14

There really is nothing within the whole star tours structure that precludes going back in time line. Droids have always existed from the earliest SW fiction, space travel, the stars and tours of the stars.

The only block is within the minds of past riders who have locked onto "empire vs rebels" from Ep 6 on.

There are specific characters, C3PO and R2, whose creation story is set in specific time, but they could be changed out - new stars created! - to get past (heh, past) the creation dates.

Still, they existed in the Rogue timeframe.

Besides nobody (99%?) ever bothers to question why the pair are suddenly working the tour circuit instead of in battle against the empire. So keeping them driving the bus all the way back to earliest time, say the first episode of the animated series, wouldn't matter much at all the the riders.
There's actually a story-specific reason for them being there! Captain Antilles dispatches them to help found the agency, and the Empire keeps a close eye on them because they believe the company and the Rebel Alliance are working together. This is proven true by the ride itself, in which it's revealed that Artoo has been ordered to smuggle a Rebel spy to one of their bases.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom