Rogue One at Star Tours

odmichael

C-3P0 and R2-D2 are part of the same rebellion during this time that Rogue One Takes Place. Doesn't matter if they show up in the movie.

Jones14

Do we have any idea of when the scenes are going to be re-randomized? If Rogue One does indeed get its own scene, it'd be nice for guests to be able experience Star Tours the way it's meant to be experienced for at least a few months between now and December, which is when I assume it would premier and be locked in.

Captain Neo

Gee, i wonder why that is...

it's not like the movie is coming out in a few months and merchandise usually comes out ahead of time to promote it

:p

Isn't it a bit early though? I don't remember The Force Awakens merchandise coming out until September (they even did a big marketing push when it started).

aaronml

There are no current plans to integrate Rogue One into Star Tours. The next scheduled Star Tours work is media updates for Episode VIII.

EOD K9

Technically depending how the movie ends R2-D2 could be in at the end of the movie!
Small thread jack....am I the only who feels that towards the end of the movie we may see pristine white corridors of a ship (Tantive IV I think) with a shot of R2 and maybe a shot of Leia from the back just before she starts her spiel?

Phroobar

It would make a lot more sense than the last update since this movie actually takes place around the time period as the ride.
All Starspeeder 1000's are equipped with a Flux Capacitor for your time traveling enjoyment.

http://www.endorexpress.net/2011/07/flux-capacitor/

IMG_5089c-650x433.jpg

Chet Dakota

Original Poster
Small thread jack....am I the only who feels that towards the end of the movie we may see pristine white corridors of a ship (Tantive IV I think) with a shot of R2 and maybe a shot of Leia from the back just before she starts her spiel?

I think it is very possible. Maybe Vader executes Jen just as an Imperial Officer comes in and says that they have the Rebel Ship in their sights.

Last edited:

doctornick

There are no current plans to integrate Rogue One into Star Tours. The next scheduled Star Tours work is media updates for Episode VIII.

So, they are not going to add any scenes related to the movie that takes place in the same timeframe as the ride, but will add them for movies that are 30 years later. Makes sense...

doctornick

Went to DHS two days ago, and got the Ep7 scenes. I really miss getting the boba fett/asteroid/death star 2 scene, hands down my favorite!

Huh? The Boba Fett/Death Star scene (Geonosis) is one of the last scene options -- along with Coruscant and Naboo. Even with Jakku being fixed, you could still get that one. Jakku prevents one from getting Hoth, Tatooine or Kashyyyk.

Phroobar

Huh? The Boba Fett/Death Star scene (Geonosis) is one of the last scene options -- along with Coruscant and Naboo. Even with Jakku being fixed, you could still get that one. Jakku prevents one from getting Hoth, Tatooine or Kashyyyk.
I rode Star Tours at Disneyland last week and went to Kashyyyk. It's back to random now even though I keep getting Coruscant. I do get Vader with/without Boba Fett now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom