ROE Test Show

hpyhnt 1000

Yes, but they were blown out in the beginning with no narration (just went off at 9 and the show began) and they came back on towards the end as usual (you should be able to see them turn on in the video).

Yes. It looked like they came on one by one though, and not all at once like they usually do. (Correct me if I'm wrong.)

Figment82

Yes. It looked like they came on one by one though, and not all at once like they usually do. (Correct me if I'm wrong.)

Some were having a little trouble - I think it was due to the wind (notice they didn't use the country launches tonight). The one next to me was one of the last to turn on. As far as I know, it was just the way they got going, and not so much how they were ignited (though I could be incorrect).

donaldfan

Thanks for the video!!

Definetly not the same show without the globe though. It will be nice to have it back all shiny and new again!

henryt93

I liked this version better. I always felt like the five minutes in the middle of the WG (with globe) version that just had the globe and the water going were boring. The WoG (without globe) version held my interest the whole time! But I do have to agree with other posters that the ending seemed a little empty.

CrashNet

The test last year had the torches and spotlights lighting at alternate times to fill the music. Not sure if they kept that in the version they used tonight. EDIT: Just watched the video and they did keep that in the show.

As for the shorter show, I honestly prefer the original simply because some of the story is lost in translation.

Jekyll_Baker

I just watched the video, and I think the show felt sorta empty in a lot of spots. Many times there was music going on with no action or anything to look at (especially most of the "We Go On" segment). Though I did notice it looked like they used the burnoff as part of the final big burst of pyros. I hope they don't remove the globe on a permanent basis.

And BTW, for anyone who has ordered/received the Celebration25 DVD, the images on the globe are very clear on the DVD. So anyone who's ever had trouble seeing the images on the globe can watch this and see the story it's telling (the story is the creation of earth, from nothingness to the appearance/advancement of mankind, for those who don't know).

Spyne

Wow, that felt really empty to me. Especially the "We Go On" finale. Hopefully the globe is brought back soon, it's not the same without it.

jrh1985

I just watched the video, and I think the show felt sorta empty in a lot of spots. Many times there was music going on with no action or anything to look at (especially most of the "We Go On" segment). Though I did notice it looked like they used the burnoff as part of the final big burst of pyros

I think it looked too small to be the brunoff.

InfernalPenguin

I agree. It felt eerily empty.

It's just not the same without the globe. Even if I can't see what's on it sometimes, I can at least go "Oooooo, globe" and hear the narration. Very inspiring. And the end part with the opening up? That's what it's all about man!!!! If I just wanted fireworks and stuff I'd go see Wishes.

Panhead

Strangly, I like this version a LOT better, the couple minutes of the globe spinning is kinda boring, but this was fairly active the whole time. Except towards the end, it was a little boring for about 1 minute, but then the finale. All-in-all, i give it 9/10, compared to the 8/10 i gave it with the globe. :lol:

I think if they just added some lasers during the empty part in the end, it would be a bit better (unless i didn't see the lasers?).

-Chris-

PS. Just thought if this, since it's so hard to see the video on the countries, why dont they make the "water" area of the globe HD video, then the countries can just be a silhouette. So you still see the outline of the countries, but the video is coming from the bodies of water on the globe. That way you have like 70% of the globe video, which would help to be able to see it better (anybody understand?).

imagine_82

thanks for the video! :wave:

so, does anyone think that this is a lean towards the new illuminations that was speculated last year? i think an update to the globe is great (i love ROE), but if i recall correctly there was a thread/rumour with illuminations: some new title going on...

Swoosh

It wasn't bad. I think a lot has to do with the fact that we are used to there being SOMETHING there in the middle all of the time and it was rather blank tonight... with the exception of the "we'll go on" sequence, the show was very entertaining and kept your attention... with the globe there is a sequence that can drag on if you do not have the "front/center" POV to watch the globe spin.

It has potential. :shrug:

dizpins14

I don't think there were any added effects to the show. The only difference I saw was obviously there was no globe, they cut out the music of the globe traveling to the middle of the lake, and they added some additional pyro.

I felt like the show was missing it's heart. There was no awe inspiring moment. Even if you couldn't tell what everything was on the globe, you could still make out some things, like Walt Disney. Even if you couldn't, I always heard people remark how cool the globe is, cause how many times do you see a rotating globe with LCD panels on it? You see fireworks all over Disney World.

millercv

Yeah it felt a little empty at spots. It seems like they are trying to eek out a few more years out of the show. I LOVE RoE but last time I was down it felt a little old so I do think it is time for a new show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom