Rock'n'Rollercoaster refurb official

sissa216

Original Poster
I'm sure this was posted, but all I can find is speculation on the dates (apologies if it already was)

disneyworld.com officially lists Rock'n'Rollercoaster down for refurbishment from September 4th to October 4th

CThaddeus

Since I had no desire to do it last time I was there, I won't be too unhappy about it being closed this time, either. Any chance they'll remove Aerosmith during the refurb and put in a band that doesn't sound like cats being tortured?

crassmonkey

Well as much as I hate Aerosmith and their highly annoying commercial rock (not to mention having them refer to me as a "fan" in the preshow video!) I am very unhappy I wont get to ride it on my trip.
Oh well

jmvd20

Wow, not a lot of love for Aerosmith here...

I like them though.

I think they like totally rock man... :lookaroun

wdwmomof3

Sooooooooooooo sad here in Alabama. :cry::cry::cry: My little boy will have to wait another year.:( It's good news for my sister, they are going to be there the week it opens back up.

Coasterbp

So do we know what they are doing?
I'm really glad Disney is taking all their rides down for refurb!

Removing Vekomas ride control system and adding a Ride and Show engineering control system.

Mainly for consistencies between all the other coaster attractions.

Plus, I believe they will be installing the software that will use the boosters to park the train at unload instead of brakes & boosters like it does currently.

Vernonpush

Isn't it being used to reformat the line queue....? Single Rider line, revamped FP line...etc.
That was already done in the last refurbs of the ride.

30 days seems like a LONG time for it to be down, are they "plussing" or changing the ride?:shrug:

I just hope they don't get rid of Illeana Douglas! She is the best thing about this ride!:lookaroun
( search for her in Youtube):lol:

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Removing Vekomas ride control system and adding a Ride and Show engineering control system.

Mainly for consistencies between all the other coaster attractions.

Plus, I believe they will be installing the software that will use the boosters to park the train at unload instead of brakes & boosters like it does currently.

In particular, i've heard a Siemens ride control system. Which is why many of the coasters are facing downtime in such a short period.

pacochran

As long as it is open at the end of November when we are there my daughter will be happy it's one of her favorite rides.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom