Rockit space mountain - Gradnights

ToTBellHop

this is only for Grad Nites. I wouldn't be at all surprised if it receives the same lukewarm response in FL as it did in CA. This concept really has no place in the park during regular park hours. Guests visiting WDW on vacation will expect to see a spacey Space Mountain. However, they may be unveiling a couple new effects as a teaser to the major changes coming. Any reviews from this past weekend's Grad Nites? Interesting that they went with ROCK IT. That was the original name for Disneyland's Rockin' Space Mountain (which will become extinct very soon).

Maleficentesq

I liked it

I am not a big space mountain fan. Rode it at DL and I liked it. For me it was good because you could see the ride and the ride track so I was not so aprehenive - to the true space mountain lover I am sure it lessens the experience significantly.

Mal

ToTBellHop

I am not a big space mountain fan. Rode it at DL and I liked it. For me it was good because you could see the ride and the ride track so I was not so aprehenive - to the true space mountain lover I am sure it lessens the experience significantly.

Mal
yes it does. The darkness and inability to see the track makes it feel more like a space flight, as does the smooth track.

CThaddeus

The one here at Disneyland is currently a cheesy go-go dancer nightmare. Ignoring the awful Red Hot Chili Peppers music they're currently using, seeing the track and all the silly projections on the roof and rock show lighting truly ruin the Space Mountain experience (they spent all that money trying to make it darker in there just so they could put in all those dumb lights?). I will be so happy when Rockin' Space Mountain and Rockin' California Screamin' go the way of the dodo after this month. I truly hope it never comes back. These "enhancements" qualify as one of the worst moves ever made in Disneyland, which is only rivaled by the overpriced joke that was Rocket Rods.

darthjohnny

I hope this is true, since I'll be going to Grad Nite this Saturday.

I'll give my review of the ride if they did indeed change it.

Interesting how they called it "ROCK it" Space Mountain, rather than Rockin' Space Mountain.

I agree with Screamscape that it will most likely have speakers actually inside the ride, rather than the cars, but it will be interesting to see how they do it.

Can't wait to see it! :sohappy: :D

TinkerBell9988

It was only for the GradNites.

Trust me, the "Rock-It" Space Mountain in the MK is NOTHING like the Rock-It Space Mountain in DL.

I was very disappointed to ride SM at GradNite last Friday with some of the lights on. There were no stars (no disco balls reflecting light) and the tracks and "backstage" areas of SM could clearly be seen. I guess Disney had to do that because sometimes we kids can get a little crazy.

ToTBellHop

It was only for the GradNites.

Trust me, the "Rock-It" Space Mountain in the MK is NOTHING like the Rock-It Space Mountain in DL.

I was very disappointed to ride SM at GradNite last Friday with some of the lights on. There were no stars (no disco balls reflecting light) and the tracks and "backstage" areas of SM could clearly be seen. I guess Disney had to do that because sometimes we kids can get a little crazy.
could we have a little more description of what they did other than "turned some lights on"? I'm curious. Surely they didn't just turn the lights on and play some music on speakers...also, what was the music?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom