Rockit space mountain - Gradnights

Lee

Adventurer
I believe they do add more temporary speakers. There is no way you could get the amount of bass from the horn PA speakers. It does sound decent.

Yeah, last year they set up some speakers.
But, I was just going by the blurb at Screamscape:
"No special light or sound system was added to the attraction, instead it seems that they just pumped a musical soundtrack over the existing PA system installed inside the hollow mountain which was not designed for that kind of use."

Could be wrong. I haven't spoken to anyone over there....

disnyfan89

I went to Grad Night last night and the first thing I did was ride SM. In the queue they played the regular music but had the lights on in the space window portions for obvious reasons. In the main ride nothing has changed in way of special effects. Waiting in line I could hear Vertigo by U2, some regaton(sp?) song, The Future has Arrived and Hear it Goes Again everything else I didn't know. While on the ride it was evident the music was the coming from the intercom speakers. I noticed the majority of the music came from in the middle of the ride half way up inside the dome. I noticed while ridding that there was additional speakers set up on the emergency exit platform behind the lift hill.

epcotfan

The one here at Disneyland is currently a cheesy go-go dancer nightmare. Ignoring the awful Red Hot Chili Peppers music they're currently using, seeing the track and all the silly projections on the roof and rock show lighting truly ruin the Space Mountain experience (they spent all that money trying to make it darker in there just so they could put in all those dumb lights?). I will be so happy when Rockin' Space Mountain and Rockin' California Screamin' go the way of the dodo after this month. I truly hope it never comes back. These "enhancements" qualify as one of the worst moves ever made in Disneyland, which is only rivaled by the overpriced joke that was Rocket Rods.

I adore the music that is on the Disneyland 50th CD for Space Mountain. The Disneyland Space Mountain daytime track to be exact. Will it go back to that music when Rockin' Space Mountain finishes? I visited Disneyland for the first time this past September and fell in love with that version of Space Mountain. It is so nice and dark and smooth. Just curious. I'd be so sad going back only to hear some cheesy band song for the soundtrack. :veryconfu

darthjohnny

I went on this last night.

Space Mountain did have music playing from the PA and I guess new temporary speakers. But it still was fun. It was cool how it got us exciting because the music suddenly got louder as we went down the first hill.

We made our own Rockin' Space Mountain however. We all wore the light up necklaces they sold all over the park. It was cool how it looked and it would shine light on the structure, whose rails are so close, it looks like they're going to cut you're head off. Last night was great. :D :D :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom