Rockit space mountain - Gradnights

Rufus T Firefly

The one here at Disneyland is currently a cheesy go-go dancer nightmare. Ignoring the awful Red Hot Chili Peppers music they're currently using, seeing the track and all the silly projections on the roof and rock show lighting truly ruin the Space Mountain experience (they spent all that money trying to make it darker in there just so they could put in all those dumb lights?). I will be so happy when Rockin' Space Mountain and Rockin' California Screamin' go the way of the dodo after this month. I truly hope it never comes back. These "enhancements" qualify as one of the worst moves ever made in Disneyland, which is only rivaled by the overpriced joke that was Rocket Rods.

Wow! Why don't you tell us all how you really feel?

Lee

Adventurer
I highly doubt it considering when you watch the stuff on RNR they talk about people riding SM with headphones, which inspired RNR. Since they built RNR, it is pretty safe to say that SM is safe how it is.

Wrong. SM will receive onboard audio during it's planned refurb.

Rockin Roller

The one here at Disneyland is currently a cheesy go-go dancer nightmare. Ignoring the awful Red Hot Chili Peppers music they're currently using, seeing the track and all the silly projections on the roof and rock show lighting truly ruin the Space Mountain experience (they spent all that money trying to make it darker in there just so they could put in all those dumb lights?). I will be so happy when Rockin' Space Mountain and Rockin' California Screamin' go the way of the dodo after this month. I truly hope it never comes back. These "enhancements" qualify as one of the worst moves ever made in Disneyland, which is only rivaled by the overpriced joke that was Rocket Rods.

all red hot chili peppers songs are amazing but they just dont work on rides for me except maybe by the way

PintoColvig

For those of you who have been on Rockin' SM at DL, do they play the Chilis all the time or do they only do so at certain times of the day? It would stink if they didn't give you a chance to ride it as it was originally intended.

brertigger

For those of you who have been on Rockin' SM at DL, do they play the Chilis all the time or do they only do so at certain times of the day? It would stink if they didn't give you a chance to ride it as it was originally intended.
All day. It should be ending within the next week, I believe.

ToTBellHop

Tomorrow is the last day of the Rockin' stupidity. You will get to see Space Mountain in its dramatic, much better form this weekend...FINALLY. It's been a long Spring in the Magic Kingdom...no one honestly cares one what or another what music is playing on California Screamin', though...especially with the beautiful views of dirt from the little ride underneath that falls further and further behind schedule. They should have just closed Screamin' for 6 months, given it a nice refurbishment and done all the work they needed to do in that area for Toy Story Mania. Now, instead, they'll get to look forward to random closings all summer...

jmvd20

One of the things I have always liked about SM is the noises inside of the building. Hearing the cars on the track, lift noises, people and the sound effects are neat. I just can't imagine it with music in there, not sure if that is going to be a plus or minus for the ride.

ToTBellHop

One of the things I have always liked about SM is the noises inside of the building. Hearing the cars on the track, lift noises, people and the sound effects are neat. I just can't imagine it with music in there, not sure if that is going to be a plus or minus for the ride.
there is no sound in space...all you'd get is whatever is playing inside your rocket :)

ah, just like to mention that grad nites are the gateway to hell sometimes for us cms. x_x;

It's a mixture of "The deed" stupidity and teens running around trying to do the unexpected. Wah!! If you only knew how many times they like to jump off during SSE :brick:

psifreek27

we have better chances of seeing "Song of the South" on DVD than seeing a MK Space Mountain Refurb...

exaggeration i know...but jeez i feel like ive been wanting it for FOREVER!

Lee

Adventurer
What is "MILF"? I mean I know ONE definition of that acronym, but I'm guessing that's not the one that's being used here. :lookaroun

"Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor".

And, back on topic, I read on Screamscape that they didn't add anything to the mountain for Rockit....no lights, no speakers. They just played music over the existing PA. Had to sound awful. The PA isn't meant for that sort of thing.:rolleyes:

ImaYoyo

And, back on topic, I read on Screamscape that they didn't add anything to the mountain for Rockit....no lights, no speakers. They just played music over the existing PA. Had to sound awful. The PA isn't meant for that sort of thing.:rolleyes:
I'll be 'babysitting' at grad nite on Saturday and I plan to take a peak and hear/see exactly what it is. I'll report back (and try to take pictures if it 'looks' any different), but you'll all have to wait until Thursday to hear from me since I'll be on a Disney Cruise until then :D

ToTBellHop

Really pulling out all the stops for the high school seniors.............this will definitely convince schools to stay away from Grad Bash next year:rolleyes:

brertigger

I believe they do add more temporary speakers. There is no way you could get the amount of bass from the horn PA speakers. It does sound decent.
They do not add lights.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom