Rock Your Disney Side - 24 hour character party at Magic Kingdom

omurice

I did get paid 3rd shift premium for at least part of the shift, which was a little less than a dollar extra per hour, which was nice but not exactly worth it.
We guests love these special events, including me. I am sorry it's such a mess for the CMs, didn't realize they work you 12 hours straight (thought normal shifts were 9 or 10 hours plus 2 breaks and 1 lunch?) -- 12 hours is not cool.

Is there anything we can do to make it cooler for the CMs?
Be patient, listen to instructions (stay on the right please!), not yell or demand unreasonable things, not dropping trash anywhere, not showing up for FP 2 hours later then screaming "but I had a FastPass!" - are probably at the top. Seeing all that stuff makes me crazy. Hit guest relations with thank yous naming the CM instead of complaints? How often does that happen, I've only done it maybe twice... :D
Anything else?

24 hours... only 3 FP+ selections...
Wow that's a good point... but I think they turned off FP machines at some point last year, I forget when was maybe 1am? So I'm guessing the FP+ will stop giving reservations at some point too?
People were moving so slowly, most lines were not backed up. The mountains were busy and Pan of course... but tons of walk-ons. Even Enchanted Tales w/ Belle was a walk on at one point, and yes there were half-asleep toddlers in jammies in there after midnight, had to laugh.

Last edited:

disney4life2008

Our delayed plane arrived at 1am Friday morning and we were up at 5am on a bus to MK and stayed in the MK until our cab ride back to Indy at 9am Saturday!! I don't remember anything past the afternoon parade! I was dead!
View attachment 44959Peoplemover 2am :p

Sorry just had to share, now the thread can get back on track!! But it was great!

The only problem we had was Space and Splash closing before 6am then everyone flocked for BTMRR. I'd rather them open both of them later or just not at the same time.

You are not alone. I think everyone leaving out of MK that morning was a zombie. But it was a fun experience to me one of the "few - well out of hundreds" that survived the night. Do you remember if CMs were cheering once you exited - I vaguely remember that.

ImagineerDude

You are not alone. I think everyone leaving out of MK that morning was a zombie. But it was a fun experience to me one of the "few - well out of hundreds" that survived the night. Do you remember if CMs were cheering once you exited - I vaguely remember that.
I remember CMs being just dead....and others quite cheerful. The dance party in front of the castle was just the best thing EVER and that's where all the cheering was!

We talked to some CMs that started at 5 or 6am and then enjoyed in the park until closing!

71jason

When does Potter 2.0 open? Didn't this correspond with the opening of Antarctica and/or Transformers last year? Seems like the go to plan to counter new attractions at other parks.

Mid-June, according to most rumors. But interesting theory given we don't have a solid date for either event.

DJMoore2011

Our delayed plane arrived at 1am Friday morning and we were up at 5am on a bus to MK and stayed in the MK until our cab ride back to Indy at 9am Saturday!! I don't remember anything past the afternoon parade! I was dead!
View attachment 44959Peoplemover 2am :p

Sorry just had to share, now the thread can get back on track!! But it was great!

The only problem we had was Space and Splash closing before 6am then everyone flocked for BTMRR. I'd rather them open both of them later or just not at the same time.

Did you mean cab ride back to the airport to get back to Indy? Or did you really take a cab from WDW to Indianapolis, Indiana?????

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom