Rock N Roller coaster starring ...?

BSikor

The original plan for the ride was going to be rotating bands. They would change it every few months so you would have a different experience every time you rode. One month, Aerosmith, the next month U2 or what have you. After everyone loved the Aerosmith version, they decided to just keep them on and added the "Starring Aerosmith" to the title. I would have loved to see the roation of bands. I think it would have been pretty cool to have an 80's weekend with Duran Duran, Wang Chung and Tears for Fears.

Woody13

BRER STITCH said:
WOOHOO! :sohappy:

When the WOODY DAMAGE CONTROL TEAM is out in full force, it can only mean one thing.....SPIN CITY!!! :lol:

Has the subject changed AGAIN to Hall of Fame nominees???

No worries... and I DID laugh out loud at the last line!

:wave:
Hi Brer Stitch!:wave:
I suppose it's a generation gap thing. When I think of surf music, the Beach Boys don't really come to my mind. The Beach Boys were great and did their own thing with all those tight, soaring harmonies. They spawned a host of imitators such as Jan & Dean, and Ronny and the Daytonas. However, the Beach Boys moved away from bikini girls, hot rods and surf boards rather quickly and surf music was never their gig.

Surf music was started by D i c k Dale (Lets' Go Trippin) and then expanded by The Surfaris, The Chantays and The Ventures with such top hits as Wipe Out, Pipeline and Walk Don't Run. The fuzzed-out Fender Stratocaster was the hallmark of surf music. The music done by the Beach Boys was never true surf music but rather "beach related" music. At least, that's how I see it. So it would seem we are just differing on definitions, while at the same time, going the same way.

P.S. One of the reasons why I brought up the R&R Hall of Fame is because Aerosmith was inducted in 2001 yet the Rolling Stones have never been inducted. It makes you wonder.:confused:

Sledge

Account Suspended
Aerosmith is my favorite band so I'm 100% happy. If not Aerosmith it should be Skynyrd! That would never happen but I could see U2.

Mr Bill

Sledge said:
Aerosmith is my favorite band so I'm 100% happy. If not Aerosmith it should be Skynyrd! That would never happen but I could see U2.
How do you expect them to make an entertaining coaster that can last through all of Free Bird?

linkinparknumb0

I would go with Metallica...or even Rammstein..but not many ppl know much about Rammstein so i know that woulnt of ever happened. but Metallica would be my choice.

dxwwf3

linkinparknumb0 said:
I would go with Metallica...or even Rammstein..but not many ppl know much about Rammstein so i know that woulnt of ever happened. but Metallica would be my choice.

After seeing some Rammstein concert footage and music videos, I find it VERY hard to imagine them in a Walt Disney World attraction :lol:

Metallica aren't exactly angels, but I think that they would work just fine. I would still personally prefer Aerosmith to stay for a while longer, but when it is their time to go, go with a generic ride. Various songs and a new generic preshow. Just my opinion though.

Welcome to the boards!

1disneydood

linkinparknumb0 said:

I know Du haust (you hate me)

Don't like metallica since the Garage Days album. Everything before Garage Days is great. ;D

righttrack

Sledge said:

Skynyrd, John Denver, Ricky Nelson, The Big Bopper, Ritchie Valens and Buddy Holly should never, ever, be themed to any ride that goes off the ground. Those stories didn't end too well!

well i guess if i had to change it which i wouldnt b/c aerosmith is awesome in this. I would prolly say Green Day. Most of people are questioning that but thats what i like.

TESTDUMMY S64

I'm going to have to go with Jimi Hendrix. After the wah part of voodoo child, you just take off. That would be fun. The Offspring might be a good choice. Led Zeppelin is a must, but no stairway. It would be to slow, except for the last minute or so. I got it! How about The Clash!

bgraham34

1disneydood said:
I know Du haust (you hate me)

Don't like metallica since the Garage Days album. Everything before Garage Days is great. ;D

Yeah Du hast that would make be angry on the ride. but cool.

there is always Firestarter by Prodigy.

WTBAD

After reading everybodies ideas and thoughts, I believe Jimmy Hendrix's Purple Haze would be the to replace AS.

DigitalDisney

Rock and Roller Coaster Starring....
- In Flames!
- Dream Theater!
- Iron Maiden!
- Killswitch Engage!
- Pantera!
- Armored Saint!
- Anthrax!
- Shadows Fall!
- Slayer!

All excellent choices, IMO

Although on a more popular route, something like Boston, Van Halen (they're being used for Space Mtn over at DL), U2, Motley Crue, etc would make for a decent ride.

If they had Motley Crue do it, the preshow video sure would be awesome. Haha

Neptune

- In Flames!
- Dream Theater!
- Iron Maiden!
- Killswitch Engage!
- Pantera!
- Armored Saint!
- Anthrax!
- Shadows Fall!
- Slayer!

I like KE, And Iron Maiden, But i Highly Doubt That Would Happen Anyways.

Keep it with aerosmith obviously, Steven Tyler Does That '5, 4, 3, 2, 1! ZOOM!" Very well.

Boston, Van Halen

Maybe Boston....Van halen is a good choice though.

But, if it did come down to aerosmith being taken off (Nooo!!!), I'd Go with Guns N Roses. I WOuld Love To See Slash In the Pre Show. Haha. But, Like i said, Aerosmith is my favorite band, so stick with them. Plus, the Music On Board makes the ride 2 times better.

diddy_mouse

i tried but i can't think of anyone else that the Americas Greatest Rock 'n' Roll Band to star in RnRC. i am a huge aerosmith fan and couldn't think of a better combination than a sweet ride and a wicked sweet band :D

dxwwf3

DigitalDisney said:
If they had Motley Crue do it, the preshow video sure would be awesome. Haha

Oh man Shout At The Devil would be the perfect song for the launch. Of course I guess they could change the title for Disney, but Shout, Dr. Feelgood, and Kickstart My Heart would be PERFECT for the RNRC. I can't believe I never thought of them before. Not sure if Disney would want them, but their songs would fit so well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom