Rock in Roller Coaster Preshow

Status
Not open for further replies.

K-dub

Hmmmm,

And here all this time I've been thinking there were U of Texas fans everywhere and were always giving a "Hook em Horns" gesture! :hammer:

I guess I'll just keep on thinking that!!

TRITON4ME

Account Suspended
K-dub said:
Hmmmm,

And here all this time I've been thinking there were U of Texas fans everywhere and were always giving a "Hook em Horns" gesture! :hammer:

:lol: ! You mean that really STUPID and gesture that all Texas fans do? Well, I love when Oklahoma beats Texas every year and evertime the score they do the "horns down" guesture!

Seriously, who thought of that really stupid gesture?

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
K-dub said:
Hmmmm,

Close but no guitar...U of Texas is two fingers down. Not the signal we are talking about here, but there are those that insist that the Bush girls were flashing satanic signals when they gave hook em horns during one of the inauguration party.

Moral of the story, if you want to dig deep enough, or use enough cultures you can make a disparaging result out of any hand position.

DisneyFreak529

"The shocker" is true, it's a stupid gesture that has been around a while.

I know this is off topic but did you hear about the high school year book staff who didn't know what it ment. They had almost 70% of the students in the year book gesturing "The Shocker". They know what it was quick when parents starting phoning in.

HennieBogan1966

Account Suspended
I must admit that I had no idea that this gesture existed or what it meant. So I can't really say that it's offensive to me, cause I didn't even know about it. Wouldn't have known the difference anyway. But I wonder if it was even intentional on the part of Mr. Tyler.

MrNonacho

Premium Member
Some guy flashed it on Friday's Late Night with Conan O'Brien. Conan thought it was some sort of gang sign and they ended up blurring it out.

HennieBogan1966

Account Suspended
In SOME ways it's a shame that we have come to the place in society that we have to be so hyper-sensitive and hyper-critical of everything on TV, Radio, magazines, etc. etc.

dxwwf3

HennieBogan1966 said:
In SOME ways it's a shame that we have come to the place in society that we have to be so hyper-sensitive and hyper-critical of everything on TV, Radio, magazines, etc. etc.

Amen!

HennieBogan1966

Account Suspended
Hey there Dx

Hey there Dx. Yeah, I have to admit that even though I'm for clean TV, that it's gotten ridiculous what lengths the FCC is going to these days, given all of the Erectile Dysfunction commercials they show endlessly day and night.

dxwwf3

HennieBogan1966 said:
Hey there Dx. Yeah, I have to admit that even though I'm for clean TV, that it's gotten ridiculous what lengths the FCC is going to these days, given all of the Erectile Dysfunction commercials they show endlessly day and night.

Hello

Yeah I'm all for clean TV too, but after 10 pm I think different rules should apply. And alot of this PC stuff just goes too far.

HennieBogan1966

Account Suspended
Didn't it used to be like that back in the 70's and 80's? Where after 9 pm the more "adult" programming would begin? Problem is that the envelope has been pushed so far in this respect that some rules had to be enforced more strictly. But you are right. Some of this "oversight" has gone way too far.

Brian

tigger248

Original Poster
HennieBogan1966 said:
I must admit that I had no idea that this gesture existed or what it meant. So I can't really say that it's offensive to me, cause I didn't even know about it. Wouldn't have known the difference anyway. But I wonder if it was even intentional on the part of Mr. Tyler.

I have actually wondered that too. Perhaps there is a chance that he just put his hand up to his head to look out at the audience and the gesture was a complete, unintentional accident. Perhaps he didn't even realize that he had done it. It's possible.

When I worked at splash, we'd often see middle fingers that were unintentional. Like, they'd put their hands up on the drop and that finger would just happen to stick out a bit more than others. You can tell when it's intentional and when it's not.

Steven Tyler's gesture appears to possibly be an accident, to me (though I could be off since I haven't seen the show/been on the ride since November 14). I'm sure management probably views it that way too. Otherwise the video would have been replaced by now. If the gesture's bad enough that ride photos with it are deleted (which they are), then I'm sure the preshow would have been replaced if management viewed it as something obscene or if guests noticed and/or complained.

HennieBogan1966

Account Suspended
I almost wonder if this isn't some sort of urban legend that got started, just so the teenie-boppers and such would have something else to gossip about.

MonoRon

Many people do the shocker all the time without even knowing it...I'm sure Steven Tyler wasnt doing it on purpose. Someone like myslef, saw it and laughed cause we knew what it meant. If he did do it and knew what he was doing, thats awesome! Common most people dont even know what it is and I'm sure little kids dont even know what it means.

MonoManBlue

Here is a diagram of the shocker.........Its hand drawn and please TAKE NO OFFENSE.

shocker2.jpg

MrNonacho

Premium Member
He definitely does fold down his ring finger. I went and checked specifically because of this thread.

Gucci65

Anybody happen to know sign language? Could this possible be some other type of sign?

Mr. Tyler is a ROCK star and a family man. I doubt he would intentionally throw that gesture into a family park. Probably during a concert, but not at a family park. AND if he did it was accidental.

b/t/w - anyone ever listened to lyrics of Walk This Way? Aerosmith themselves laugh because censors never figured out one of the lines in that song.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom