Rock in Roller Coaster Preshow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ringo8n24

TheOneVader said:
Well, the thing is, what does it matter? I seriously doubt some 5 years old is gonna go on, see him do it, and then say "Look what he did, mommy!"

Really true...look how many adults did not even notice.

Lee

Adventurer
Oh, please....
What he does with his hand is some sort of "symbol" or something?

Not to me it's not. To me it's just a guy holding his hand to his head with his ring finger down...big freakin' deal. :rolleyes:

Aren't there more important things to worry about than weather or not Steven is trying to slip in a naughty gesture? I think so....

Sledge

Account Suspended
I can't visualize what he is doing. Does anyone know where I can see a picture or video of the pre-show?

crazycalf

I never heard of this gesture, is this some kind on local thing or something. Like a water fountain is a bubbler in New England

crazycalf said:
I never heard of this gesture, is this some kind on local thing or something. Like a water fountain is a bubbler in New England

Wow, after reading that, I don't think I have laughed that hard in quite some time now. I have lived in MA all my life, and I didn't think anyone outside of NE even knew what that was. I tip my hat to you good sir, I really have to say you really hit the nail on the head. That was wicked awesome.

"You don't want to look like a bunch of tourists"
-Cranium Command

Sulley

I had never heard of "the shocker" before, so it prompted me to look it up. And it looks like you guys might be wrong about Tyler doing the "gesture". From what I understand to create the gesture you need to touch your ring finger with you thumb, and point it to the side.

If my memory serves me right he just hold is hand out over his forehead as if he was looking out into the crowd, and it just so happens his ring finger is hanging down. It looks nothing like the pics I just saw off rotten.com (funny story about a high school year book there). I'm not trying to promote the gesture, just trying to kill this rumor. I really enjoy this ride, and would hate to have this hovering over it.

-Sulley

crazycalf

adamthegetupkid said:
Wow, after reading that, I don't think I have laughed that hard in quite some time now. I have lived in MA all my life, and I didn't think anyone outside of NE even knew what that was. I tip my hat to you good sir, I really have to say you really hit the nail on the head. That was wicked awesome.

"You don't want to look like a bunch of tourists"
-Cranium Command

A lot of people from MA went to my college. The first time I heard it, I was like what are you talking about.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Who cares about an obscure hand signal flash...Aerosmith, the kings of Rock and Roll double-entendre...just listen to the (GREAT!) lyrics of the songs blasting while we cruise LA. Nothing subtle there.

I love going on it with my kids, or listening to Aerosmith on the radio and pointing out what he is saying. What more could you want than "Walk this Way", or "Love in an Elevator" They are so dumbed down by today's crude uninspired lyrics, they miss everything else...I think the only one they got (partially) on the first listen was "Dude Looks Like a Lady".

Indy95

Testtrack321 said:
OH MY GOD!

My friend and I would run around the park saying that line with that gesture! Oh my, I hope he reads this, this is too funny!

Oh crap. And we were doing that in line for Winnie the Pooh, and anytime we were in public, for that matter...I guess this just means that we'll have to snicker more after doing it. :animwink:

I'm sorry, but when there are those groups who look for sexual references in Little Mermaid, etc. and this one just sort of slips past them...for six years, no less...I find that hard to believe.

Piebald

He's doing the shocker? hahahaha, I've ridden it so many times and NEVER noticed. Honestly though, if me or my friends haven't noticed, then there is no way a little kid will notice, let alone do it. I'm not sure if I can describe it or not so forgive me if I can't, but...For those of you who don't know what the shocker looks like, stick your hand out as if you were gonna shake someone's hand, and bend your ring finger forward while holding it down with your thumb. This is "The shocker". No need to explain what it means, but if you guys are really curious, I guess watch for it the next time. It's quite an oldie since I've known about it since like middle school. I can't tell you how many graduation pictures I have of my stupid friends doing it.

For those of you know what it is, is he doing Mr Tickles too?? :lol:

ISTCrew20

That is funny. I don't know how anyone can notice something like that lol. Just another little detail I guess...

And I thought the audio track for "Sweet Emotion" used in the ride was edited. I thought all the tracks were edited.

dxwwf3

Sweet Emotion is DEFINATELY not censored (Unless they changed that within the past 6 or 7 months).

But of course all the tracks are "edited" for time :lol:

bsandersjr

adamthegetupkid said:
Also, when you hear the live version of "Sweet Emotion", it contains the lyrics "Standin' in the front just a shakin' your a **". Personally, I really feel that song doesn't fit at all in the ride, since it isn't one of their fast, fist pumping songs. Especially the live version that is used on the ride.
QUOTE]

I thought it was still awesome. Sweet Emotion (to me) is one of their best songs, especially the live version. Plus, the live version adds to the experience due to the fact that you are going to a concert.

dzne4eva

Hmm... I thought I was pretty trashy but I have never heard of this gesture. I learn so much from these forums :p

Thrawn

Account Suspended
crazycalf said:

I'm from CT and I've never, ever heard that.

fiftiesdean

my friends and I noticed (sadly) the gesture the first time we rode it years ago. I thought it was a cool little 'easter egg' and if you've ever seen interviews or videos of Steven Tyler, then it's quite normal.

the ironic thing is that one of the times my friend and I rode the ride....we made the shocker sign while launching...needless to say, they didn't show our picture. When we asked they said that they would let try again, but they couldn't print out picture...

TRITON4ME

Account Suspended
Testtrack321 said:
OH MY GOD!

My friend and I would run around the park saying that line with that gesture! Oh my, I hope he reads this, this is too funny!

:lol: ! If I remember correctly every time we went on the ride we would pose using that gensture every time! No wonder why that got so many laughs! Evertime we went past the camera bay we would all most sure we would have "the shocker" guester no really knowing what it means! Well I guess it's one of those 80's things. But I still think I'm gonna pose the same way for the picture just to continue tradition.

If it was really offensive, I'm sure our picture would not be shown on the screen after the ride is over!

Personally, I really feel that song doesn't fit at all in the ride, since it isn't one of their fast, fist pumping songs. Especially the live version that is used on the ride.

A little bit of trivia- per an interview with an Imagineer in Disney Magazine, RnRC was supposedly designed around the song Sweet Emotion.

Chux

I knew what the gesture was before I'd ever been to Disney, but I never realized that he was doing it. Even then, it was upside down, so I doubt that's even what he was trying to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom