Rock in Roller Coaster Preshow

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigger248

Original Poster
I just heard from my friend (who saw on disboards) that there is supposedly an obscene gesture called "the shocker" displayed in RNRC's preshow. Anyone else know about this? Is it true?

DDuckFan130

tigger248 said:
I just heard from my friend (who saw on disboards) that there is supposedly an obscene gesture called "the shocker" displayed in RNRC's preshow. Anyone else know about this? Is it true?
There is?! :veryconfu

I certainly wasn't aware of it if it were true and my brother, sister and I know the pre-show very well. If it's true, then we don't know it as well as we thought :hammer:.

mkepcotmgmak

tigger248 said:

sadly, it is true.

tigger248

Original Poster
mkepcotmgmak said:
sadly, it is true.

Really?

I had hoped that it was just a rumor. I've never noticed it, but I don't ever really pay attention to anything other than trying to get close to the door to be one of the first out.

What part of the pre-show is it in?

Indeed there is. When Steven Tyler says "Wait a minute, I love that idea", he puts his hand to his forehead, and folds in his ring finger. That is what we call a stunner. Obviously due to the censoring on the site, I can't go in to great detail on what it entails, but ask around, I am sure at least one of your friends can tell you. Also, when you hear the live version of "Sweet Emotion", it contains the lyrics "Standin' in the front just a shakin' your a **". Personally, I really feel that song doesn't fit at all in the ride, since it isn't one of their fast, fist pumping songs. Especially the live version that is used on the ride.

"You don't want to look like a bunch of tourists"
-Cranium Command

bhg469

wow the shocher eh? well this is a family site so i will put a disclaimer and my response below

do not read below if your are easily offended

there is a rhyme that sums it up with your fingers it goes "2 in the pink 1 in the stink." and again i dont mean to offend but someone asked what it was

t3techcom18

Hmm....this is weird. That really shouldn't be in the preshow and such, but I'm guessing that they left in there as like a secret code for their fans or something.... :hammer:

j/k

TheOneVader

Well, the thing is, what does it matter? I seriously doubt some 5 years old is gonna go on, see him do it, and then say "Look what he did, mommy!"

MichelleBelle

I went on that ride a gazillion times and never once noticed it and I'm 23 and heard all the "shocker" jokes out there... I highly doubt a small child would even remotely get that - especially a kid young enough that doesn't know much, if any, sexual words, gestures, etc... It's not even anything they would even notice - it's not anything most people would notice, plus kids have NO idea or aren't looking for stuff like that.

I wouldn't worry... Steven Tyler flashing that hand signal is pretty harmless I'd say - it might not even have been on purpose (although i'm sure they got a kick out of throwing that into a Disney attraction).

Edeyore

Rock in Roller Coaster

I love "Sweet Emotion". The very first time I rode RnR the refrain came through just as we were going into one of the inversions. It was great.
Besides, most Aerosmith songs have a little a** in them.

dizneeboy

I personally like Sweet Emotion as on of the song options. I think it works really well with the coaster's speed an elements after the initial launch (Especially as you float through the corkscrew element).

PeeplMoovr

We used to always make fun of him for doing that, thinking that he was just trying to be cool and failing with that hand thing.

Now that I know, I think it's hysterical. :lol:

The_CEO

Here is where every member over reacts on how disney is trying to scramble their child's brains with crude gesters...

If anything it wasn't mean't to offend and it isn't like everyone notices it, I sure haven't.

Hey everyone, if you listen to the ending scene on The Amazing Adventures of Spider-man Doc Oc says the S word!!!

No really he does, should they redo the attraction's audio?

the-reason14

The_CEO said:
Here is where every member over reacts on how disney is trying to scramble their child's brains with crude gesters...

If anything it wasn't mean't to offend and it isn't like everyone notices it, I sure haven't.

Hey everyone, if you listen to the ending scene on The Amazing Adventures of Spider-man Doc Oc says the S word!!!

No really he does, should they redo the attraction's audio?

Universal is more for teens and they probably like it like that. I've noticed now that whenever he does that, some people have laughed or snickered, but I only thought it was just something that he is known to do alot.

I dont know either way, I dont like that kinda music anywayz.

The_CEO

The attraction has been open for a long time and disney hasn't had ONE complaint. They aren't going to change the preshow. Not to mention the hand gester was made popular after the preshow was released. End of story.

Honestly, I really don't see the harm. I didn't even realize it at first, took me a while. It is a little unique factor that sets it aside from other rides, since it is one of the few rides that isn't exactly set aside for kids. I am a huge Aerosmith fan, and I always felt that "Sweet Emotion" just doesn't fit. It is hard to tell he is saying a**, especially since typically, many people are screaming, and most people aren't paying attention every little word that comes out of the speakers. I personally don't think it is really appropriate, but eh, I really don't think it causes that much harm...

"You don't want to look like a bunch of tourists"
-Cranium Command

Testtrack321

OH MY GOD!

My friend and I would run around the park saying that line with that gesture! Oh my, I hope he reads this, this is too funny!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom