Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster to be Re-Themed?

matt9112

It's tough to find a relevant band that stands the test of time and doesn't want an arm and a leg for their services.

oh i agree...generic music would be vest fit tbh like rip ride rocket but better...i have no faith in them doing a good job on a retheme. im not sitting here defending arrosmith but right now i know what ride i have....a retheme not so much and track record isnt swaying me.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
Yeah, i think cars is inevitable. I would much rather have a electric mayhem overlay and put muppet vision in where the mcqueen show is. Then Disney could demo grand avenue to expand galaxy's edge.

That actually makes a lot of sense to me too! That would also allow for something Star Wars to go in between Star Tours and the new land and promote some better defined boundaries theming-wise around the park. I’d ride Animal’s Crazy Coaster!
421E84D4-ABF1-4BE1-93C5-E5FEC7F56ECF.gif

Or, does anyone know if Disney retained any rights to Saved by the Bell after the “Good Morning Miss Bliss!” Years? Maybe make a Heart Attack Track with the Zack Attack? 😉
B6A6A09F-C690-4E38-B5FC-1719F3119B83.gif

MaxW

That actually makes a lot of sense to me too! That would also allow for something Star Wars to go in between Star Tours and the new land and promote some better defined boundaries theming-wise around the park. I’d ride Animal’s Crazy Coaster!
View attachment 367391

Or, does anyone know if Disney retained any rights to Saved by the Bell after the “Good Morning Miss Bliss!” Years? Maybe make a Heart Attack Track with the Zack Attack? 😉
View attachment 367392
as much as i'd unironically love a saved by the bell retheme, not only has saved by the bell is not exactly a heavy hitter...and all of the times zack attack tracks from the show are terrible. I know you are kidding but i take any excuse to talk about that show very seriously lol.

BalooChicago

Yeah, i think cars is inevitable. I would much rather have a electric mayhem overlay and put muppet vision in where the mcqueen show is. Then Disney could demo grand avenue to expand galaxy's edge.

God I hate to suggest this, but you could even turn TOT into Muppet Labs and have the drops be because of mishaps by Dr. Bunsen Honeydew and Beaker.

matt9112

They really missed out on making it a Guardians of the Galaxy ride. The one at Epcot could have been something else.

yeah space super heroes on sunset boulevard makes sense.
in reality be happy the vekoma system in RNRC was never designed for show elements in the since of only featuring a singular launch and there are no true block sections that i know of. so what you would have is a guardians que and some kind of video portion in current "studios" and than maybe one scene at launch and than cardboard.... the ride itself would not be any better but would have some ridiculous theme doing its best to ruin sunset blvd.

Bleed0range

yeah space super heroes on sunset boulevard makes sense.
in reality be happy the vekoma system in RNRC was never designed for show elements in the since of only featuring a singular launch and there are no true block sections that i know of. so what you would have is a guardians que and some kind of video portion in current "studios" and than maybe one scene at launch and than cardboard.... the ride itself would not be any better but would have some ridiculous theme doing its best to ruin sunset blvd.

I mean, in the sense that they re theme it to Cars, Monsters Inc., etc. It still wouldn’t make sense in relation to Sunset. But at least Guardians would be a clever way to implement the mixtape soundtrack.

I personally like the ride, but it isn’t my favorite or anything. I am not too broken up about a retheme, but I’m not sure how they’d keep the Hollywood vibe with one.

MMRR managed to do that which is nice.

matt9112

I mean, in the sense that they re theme it to Cars, Monsters Inc., etc. It still wouldn’t make sense in relation to Sunset. But at least Guardians would be a clever way to implement the mixtape soundtrack.

I personally like the ride, but it isn’t my favorite or anything. I am not too broken up about a retheme, but I’m not sure how they’d keep the Hollywood vibe with one.

MMRR managed to do that which is nice.

why is an oversized rat and a a trees music tastes even remotely an idea for an entire ride? its irelevant its probably ehat we eill get and until proven else wise i can still stand behind my notion that the marvel purchase is bad for the parks.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I'm shocked no one has armchaired an "Indy" overlay for this area. Concocting a storyline and overlay to pull that off would be an uber-impressive feat, if not impossible. But I could see it working in this area with the right theming. Any takers? My favorite is still the Muppets idea. Obvious choices: Incredibles or Cars.

Alternate thinking: Anything's possible if VR is introduced. Shudder at the thought. And then there's that new Aladdin movie. :cautious:

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
VR and coasters don't mix too well..Very problematic. This is why many parks stopped doing it...

Agreed. But in Disney's case with coasters being enclosed some of those issues are resolved. Disney would also have to overcome the awkward aspects of integrating the VR headset into the ride's storyline... oh and cleanliness. I like the idea but the practicality just isn't there yet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom