Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster to be Re-Themed?

Kman101

Guardians moves up and down by a small amount while you watch a screen. So it bounces, not only large drops. He means can it move up and down in small amounts (like only a few inches) while staying in roughly the same position in the tower itself. I don’t see why it couldn’t.

But everyone says "it's more bouncy and fun!!!" because that's all that matters ;)

I don't really see a TOT re-theme being a priority when so many other things still need attention. Everyone throws out the licensing agreement but very few know any details about it ... not saying you, but can we rest on the paranoid concern about TOT?

matt9112

If we think about this from a parks POV. Lots of people believe that galaxy's edge isn't enough for HWS (to some extent I agree...key word to some extent). They could easily pass this off as the next phase of expansion and retheme everything into...something. I don't think ToT is long for this world (at least for the theme). It would be easy to retheme the entire street. Since the new TZ is premiering I'm sure the licencing costs shot up.

you dont get it....the PARK NEEDS MORE CAPACITY what is so hard to grasp? rethemes do nothing for capacity and sunset boulevard moves people at capacity all the time. its not like there aren't 90 minute waits for both attractions.

jaxonp

Pretty lame that Disney can’t pay a licensing fee for TOT... that seems like an excuse. Just use the licensing fees you get from universal for The Marvel attractions and call it a day. TOT is the best thing Disney did in the 90s

MickeyMouse10

Plus the music from Cars goes better with the attraction than Monsters or any other Pixar. "Life is a Highway", "You may think I'm Crazy" and something else I can't remember.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The others have a far smaller footprint compared to TOT Prime, so real estate in DCA could be left for “better” uses (e.g. retail, dining...). People don’t seem to realize the back half of Tower in DHS is the 5th dimension hallway, and just how much extra space the assent shaft and show scenes require.
Remember the DCA version was designed for WDSP. Anaheim took it.

TDS was meant to get an Orlando version originally.

MickeyMouse10

A Monsters Inc retheme has never made any sense to me. Because music has been such a big part of the ride since its inception. This is the main reason I'm all for either Cars or even Guardians of the Galaxy - Mix Tape instead.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Still can’t understand why they put it right in the middle of the park in WDS :rolleyes:.

ToT should be at the edge of a park imo, you can’t get around the extremely tall and boring back of the dropshafts.
The placement (designed from the start) has always been odd. It’s a weenie building, not a centrepiece.

One can only assume they never planned on expanding the blvd as they are doing now. Or just another chapter of how not to design a park.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
The placement (designed from the start) has always been odd. It’s a weenie building, not a centrepiece.

One can only assume they never planned on expanding the blvd as they are doing now. Or just another chapter of how not to design a park.

"Ignore that big tower you see and instead focus your eyes on this fantastic warehouse you have to enter first!!!" :hilarious:

IMDREW

It is such an ugly park. I always try to see the beauty in it whenever I’m there, but will never understand most decisions made for that place.

Love that they’re expanding it and pouring some much needing cash in it, but if it were up to me, they’d skip frozen land and put that money into redesigning most of the park as is now. Especially the entrance. Like they did for DCA.

Brer Oswald

I’m placing all bets on a Cars retheme. If not for the Marvel contract, I’d bet on an Avengers retheme. But as for Cars:

Great soundtrack with respectable songs to people outside the Disney demographic? Check.

LA Highway theme? Check.

Motorized vehicles as the ride cars? Check.

High speed? Check.

I don’t think we are getting Cars Land, but this could be a good counterpick focussing more on the racing, high energy, and “big city” elements of the first film, as opposed to the laidback small town life of Radiator Springs that DCA has.

I’d rather them keep Aerosmith, but I’d be okay with this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom