News Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster closing for refurbishment in January 2024

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
What do you have against Olivia Rodrigo jokes? Olivia Rodrigo jokes are extremely commercially successful, they are also very good (this is obviously subjective, but I like Olivia Rodrigo jokes and so do most people I have talked to as well as critics). In genre, Olivia Rodrigo jokes can be best described as at the center of a three way venn diagram between stand-up balladry, unkempt improv, and uptempo call-backs, although perhaps more instrumental to Olivia Rodrigo jokes' success than the production is the set-up and punchline. Olivia Rodrigo jokes are told with honesty, specificity, and humor, conveying the abstract pangs of angst and heartbreak as a vivid image of the rebellion and sadness of youth.
Which ChatGPT did you query for that response?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Which ChatGPT did you query for that response?
Second paragraph.

According to the Walt Disney World website, Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster will be closed for refurbishment beginning January 8, 2024. No end has been provided and it is listed on the refurbishment calendar through the last date currently available, February 28, 2024.
Do you think it will be back for july 2024. im travelling from the UK for the 1st 2 weeks and will be gutted if its closed

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Do you think it will be back for july 2024. im travelling from the UK for the 1st 2 weeks and will be gutted if its closed
The only thing that has been announced thus far has been it will reopen "in summer 2024". That's a fairly broad time range (June through September, since they tend to go by meteorological seasons), so unfortunately you likely won't know if it's back until close to your trip.

britain

With Alicia saying Simpsons are on their way out of UNI, I think RnRC would be a good place for a Simpsons retheme (rather than building some new attraction - keep the BTTF tradition alive!). The RnRC track would work really well with Danny Elfman's theme, and you could cram all sorts of Springfield jokes along the way.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Mr Flibble is Very Cross.
Premium Member
C65267AC-39E6-4084-8E5E-A8003BC6AA89.jpeg

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC Member
Premium Member
With Alicia saying Simpsons are on their way out of UNI, I think RnRC would be a good place for a Simpsons retheme (rather than building some new attraction - keep the BTTF tradition alive!). The RnRC track would work really well with Danny Elfman's theme, and you could cram all sorts of Springfield jokes along the way.

Or a Futurama overlay:

Last edited:

AEfx

I actually wouldn't object to that idea, whatsoever.

ToTBellHop

Just pick whatever Marvel character they can use. The IP actually makes sense at DHS and all of the heroes have a theme song that works for a coaster. Loki isn’t an Avenger and everyone loves him…

Indy_UK

Hell No

Mireille

Premium Member
A Simpsons retheme for the track would be pretty easy, just replace the road signs with Springfield location flats. I don't know how they'd update the pre-show, though. I'd probably hate it. I don't associate the Simpsons with Disney, not in a positive way at least (copyright expired), and I don't understand how they're still on TV. I remember when Homer was 2 decades older than me and now he's more than a decade younger than me.

What I'd actually like to see is I think they should finagle a way to make it a Spinal Tap ride, but that's a me thing, I have no idea what younger generations think about that movie if they know about it at all. But there is a new Spinal Tap movie coming out and since they're fake characters you don't have to worry about stories of their previous relationships with underage girls coming out. Spinal Tap: The Ride... that's my suggestion but it's probably too niche to ever happen. But the pre-show would probably be pretty awesome.

SpectreJordan

I'd say the ride is too fast for that. You wouldn't get a good Simpsons experience out of it.
Or a Futurama overlay:
Futurama would work great as a Star Tours replacement. But I feel that show has too many explicit jokes for it to fit in the parks. I'm not a prude & I love Futurama but I just don't feel like it'd fit. I'm already iffy on Simpsons in the parks & that show's a lot tamer.
Just pick whatever Marvel character they can use. The IP actually makes sense at DHS and all of the heroes have a theme song that works for a coaster. Loki isn’t an Avenger and everyone loves him…
Ghost Rider would be a great choice. I don't think Universal has him. Changing the ride vehicles from the limo to versions of his motorcycle would be really cool too; or they could go with the newer Robbie Reyes version & have his Dodge Charger instead.

Lirael

I think you can fit most rethemes easily in this. Just think up a fast and funny premise for the guests to be on some sort of speedy transportation and done.

Of course, just because they can doesn't mean they should...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom