News Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster closing for refurbishment in January 2024

Ayla

What do you have against Olivia Rodrigo jokes? Olivia Rodrigo jokes are extremely commercially successful, they are also very good (this is obviously subjective, but I like Olivia Rodrigo jokes and so do most people I have talked to as well as critics). In genre, Olivia Rodrigo jokes can be best described as at the center of a three way venn diagram between stand-up balladry, unkempt improv, and uptempo call-backs, although perhaps more instrumental to Olivia Rodrigo jokes' success than the production is the set-up and punchline. Olivia Rodrigo jokes are told with honesty, specificity, and humor, conveying the abstract pangs of angst and heartbreak as a vivid image of the rebellion and sadness of youth.
I didn't know penguins could use AI? 🧐

SteamboatJoe

It needs the work. I usually am not one to critique rides too much but earlier this month it seemed like the onboard audio was poor and the lighting of the props was dim or non-existent. At least it is riding smoother than Space Mountain is.

trainplane3

Due to the wild success of the Disneyland Paris Avengers Assemble (which uses the same ride system) maybe it’ll lean heavier into the Captain Marvel character and refurb the ride around The Marvels. Can they use her on the East coast?
That ride is awful and even Disney execs criticize it.

Also, no, they can’t.
I was about to say. The French fans seem to absolutely hate that thing now. And that's even after them closing it for a month to add in additional effects. It's that bad. If they can't do any better than some cardboard cutouts (that the US coaster has) then I'm pretty happy with how the coaster is now.

cjkeating

And that's even after them closing it for a month to add in additional effects.
It never closed for the additional effects, it was all done 3rd shift.

Also I may be a minority but I've always thought RNRC was awful and I prefer Flight Force. And I don't even like Iron Man.

gorillaball

What do you have against Olivia Rodrigo jokes? Olivia Rodrigo jokes are extremely commercially successful, they are also very good (this is obviously subjective, but I like Olivia Rodrigo jokes and so do most people I have talked to as well as critics). In genre, Olivia Rodrigo jokes can be best described as at the center of a three way venn diagram between stand-up balladry, unkempt improv, and uptempo call-backs, although perhaps more instrumental to Olivia Rodrigo jokes' success than the production is the set-up and punchline. Olivia Rodrigo jokes are told with honesty, specificity, and humor, conveying the abstract pangs of angst and heartbreak as a vivid image of the rebellion and sadness of youth.
Jokes are still funny indeed. The irony is when that fanboy was pitching his inside thoughts on a returns to her she was literally a blip on the radar. She has blown up significantly since then… but the jokes are still funny! And no, still not in the spectrum of consideration.

DisneyCane

In my opinion, Rock'N'Roller Coaster is one of the most lazily "themed" attractions on property. It's a fun roller coaster and I'm glad it's getting the maintenance it needs, but I don't understand how fans can be so emotionally invested in this thing.
The theming of the queue is really good. Actually the theming of everything up until you enter the dark tunnel on launch is really good. From that point on, the "theming" could have been done by a kindergarten class until the gift shop which is also good.

ToTBellHop

The theming of the queue is really good. Actually the theming of everything up until you enter the dark tunnel on launch is really good. From that point on, the "theming" could have been done by a kindergarten class until the gift shop which is also good.
Option 2 was giant Steven Tyler heads similar to Revenge of the Mummy. Somehow, that was more frightening than Imhotep. So we fly through a donut instead of his mouth.

1703166524437.jpeg

Basil of Baker Street

It's Amazing he can keep going like that. When you've been Livin' On The Edge as long as he has, it must be hard to get Back In The Saddle time and time again.

Dude must have an Angel looking out for him. That or he's been blessed with Nine Lives.

It's really Crazy if you think about it.

Anyway, for those who keep bringing up Olivia, all I have to say is Get A Grip.

For those who say Muppets, Dream On.

Harry Styles would be a popular pick but that Dude Looks Like A Lady and Disney already has enough trouble with the conservatives so I don't think they'd go with him.

I did hear someone suggest Pink one time, though... That would be interesting.

Anyway, with all the downtime on this ride, obviously sooner or later Something's Gotta Give.

I don't know What It Takes to fix something like this the right way but it isn't like they're dealing with experimental tech here. Feels like they have a Blind Man working on it.

Whatever they're doing it obviously Ain't Enough.

I guess we should all just be glad there has never been a Crash and that nobody is Fallin' Off the thing.

Call me Jaded but I put the blame on leadership.

... I'll see myself out. ;)
I can't figure out how Keith Richards is still alive.

Corylancaster

If they are going to change theme....and that is a big "if" it would be better to leave the whole Rock and Roll records company thing and go with an all new idea... and as they will only greenlight something with an established IP, make it a new experience that ties into The golden age of Hollywood... something that makes sense thematically for Sunset Boulevard....
If they went this route and ditched the Rock and Roll aspect, I'd be cool to if they went with a Rocketeer theme.

bmr1591

Due to the wild success of the Disneyland Paris Avengers Assemble (which uses the same ride system) maybe it’ll lean heavier into the Captain Marvel character and refurb the ride around The Marvels. Can they use her on the East coast?

Even Disney wouldn’t abort a ride like that. The Marvels is a commercial failure, Captain Marvel is one of the most disliked characters/actresses in the MCU, and to top it off, I’m pretty sure we don’t have the rights anyway.

DomVF07

Down again today. Rode yesterday was in line when it first shut down. Went down twice yesterday, averaging 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours. Didn’t notice a burning smell. CMs were not surprised at all. My guess it takes at least an hour to fully reset?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
It's Amazing he can keep going like that. When you've been Livin' On The Edge as long as he has, it must be hard to get Back In The Saddle time and time again.

Dude must have an Angel looking out for him. That or he's been blessed with Nine Lives.

It's really Crazy if you think about it.

Anyway, for those who keep bringing up Olivia, all I have to say is Get A Grip.

For those who say Muppets, Dream On.

Harry Styles would be a popular pick but that Dude Looks Like A Lady and Disney already has enough trouble with the conservatives so I don't think they'd go with him.

I did hear someone suggest Pink one time, though... That would be interesting.

Anyway, with all the downtime on this ride, obviously sooner or later Something's Gotta Give.

I don't know What It Takes to fix something like this the right way but it isn't like they're dealing with experimental tech here. Feels like they have a Blind Man working on it.

Whatever they're doing it obviously Ain't Enough.

I guess we should all just be glad there has never been a Crash and that nobody is Fallin' Off the thing.

Call me Jaded but I put the blame on leadership.

... I'll see myself out. ;)
Well, they can close it for six months 'cause the people can get Love in an Elevator right next door at ToT.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom