Road trip to WDW?

mickEblu

Original Poster
Thanks for that high praise, bruh. Of all the Charlie Bruh's in the world, you're the Charlie Bruhest.

That's a tough one. I def think you should do one or the other. Georgia/WDW or basically The South. What's your budget?

LOL.

I haven’t really put a number on it but I passively / stupidly thought I could keep it between 3-4k. Originally it was supposed to be a fun spontaneous trip / lay off gift to myself but of course my inner OCD kicks In and it has to become the road trip of road trips with a week in WDW. I have this like “all of nothing” “do it right or go home” thing that kicks in. Hotels/ food for 14 days on the road will add up quickly. I think i prefer the SUV/ hotel route vs an RV. I could probably split the difference and keep the road trip around 7-8 days and just sacrifice some of the road trip destinations. But like I said I’m kind of undecided on that because to skip out on places I haven’t seen to go on other versions of DLR attractions at WDW seems silly. I mean I could just bite the bullet, spend more money and do it all but I already have Maui booked (pre layoff) for October and not sure it’s wise considering I have no idea what the next year holds for me.

Hattieboxghost110

LOL.

I haven’t really put a number on it but I passively / stupidly thought I could keep it between 3-4k. Originally it was supposed to be a fun spontaneous trip / lay off gift to myself but of course my inner OCD kicks In and it has to become the road trip of road trips with a week in WDW. I have this like “all of nothing” “do it right or go home” thing that kicks in. Hotels/ food for 14 days on the road will add up quickly. I think i prefer the SUV/ hotel route vs an RV. I could probably split the difference and keep the road trip around 7-8 days and just sacrifice some of the road trip destinations. But like I said I’m kind of undecided on that because to skip out on places I haven’t seen to go on other versions of DLR attractions at WDW seems silly. I mean I could just bite the bullet, spend more money and do it all but I already have Maui booked (pre layoff) for October and not sure it’s wise considering I have no idea what the next year holds for me.

Sorry to hear you got laid off. Especially since you got a wifey and toddler.

You should definitely do a road trip if you got a few G's in the bank to spare. Help take mind off things. I daydream about doing fun roadtrips, but I got the golden handcuffs with a full time job with only 2 weeks off a year. :banghead: I mean I'm lucky I got the job I do, but boy do I miss my freedom and flexibility.

Do you live in CA?

mickEblu

Original Poster
Sorry to hear you got laid off. Especially since you got a wifey and toddler.

You should definitely do a road trip if you got a few G's in the bank to spare. Help take mind off things. I daydream about doing fun roadtrips, but I got the golden handcuffs with a full time job with only 2 weeks off a year. :banghead: I mean I'm lucky I got the job I do, but boy do I miss my freedom and flexibility.

Do you live in CA?

Thanks bruh. I hear you. Ya I definitely want to take “advantage” of the situation and do something that would be really hard to do otherwise.

Yes, I’m from “the Valley.” How about you?

Hattieboxghost110

Oh damn! Nice I have fam in El Cajon.

Yea, El Cajon is only like 100 miles from my lil' humble community.

I remember last Christmas season I went to go chop down my very first Christmas tree from a tree farm in El Cajon. It was actually pretty cool. Think I'll do it again this year.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Yea, El Cajon is only like 100 miles from my lil' humble community.

I remember last Christmas season I went to go chop down my very first Christmas tree from a tree farm in El Cajon. It was actually pretty cool. Think I'll do it again this year.

Lol damn that’s farther than I thought.

Kiwiduck

@mickEblu, have you investigated the cost of one way car rentals to Florida? I don't have personal experience but someone I follow had planned to do the one way car rental thing, but due to the prohibitive cost ended up having to drive both ways instead.

Curious Constance

@mickEblu, have you investigated the cost of one way car rentals to Florida? I don't have personal experience but someone I follow had planned to do the one way car rental thing, but due to the prohibitive cost ended up having to drive both ways instead.
Good point. Most places don't allow you to pick up a car in CA and return to the other side of the country.
And I bet it's real expensive if it is allowed.

mickEblu

Original Poster

Oh really? I just figured it wouldn’t be a big deal to drop it off at another location especially for a big company like Enteprise. Thanks for the heads up! I’ll look into it. Driving both ways is definitely out of the question for me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom