RnRc Retheme?

Tha Realest

Queen on a coaster would be pure bliss.
I agree - but how do you pare down the song selection?

I guess you could do a Cosmic Rewind thing.

Or

Hear me out

AB3F2848-54C6-4729-80E9-ABE35BB8DD6D.jpeg

pdude81

I disagree. They don’t have that LA hard rock swagger that Aerosmith has. If they replace the band it should be KISS, Van Halen, or Motley Crue.
I mean... Aerosmith is from Boston. KISS is on yet another farewell tour so there is no concert to go to. Eddie Van Halen is dead and Michael Anthony has been thrown out the window.

The concept is an irrationally fast and dangerous trip in the band's limo on the way to a concert. Motley Crue sure has LA swagger, but go watch the first 5 minutes of "The Dirt" on Netflix and tell me if you think Disney is going there.

Queen could be cool but the preshow video would have to either be the current band racing to a show, with only 2 original members who are ancient, or a reworked premise. I love the music but I'm not sure if they'd make it fit.

Realistically I think this could be pulled off with Metallica. They still tour and have a number of songs that can fit. Also perhaps Guns N' Roses would work for this formula.

Beyond that you're getting into Bon Jovi.

The real answer as always is Electric Mayhem until or unless they decide to knock this down and make a new land in the courtyard.

Magenta Panther

"Don't Stop Me Now" would be epic in RnRC. Trouble is, Queen isn't really Queen without Freddy Mercury, and since he's gone, how would the scene in the recording studio - with the band - be handled? I suppose that Freddy could be recreated via CGI...

MagicHappens1971

"Don't Stop Me Now" would be epic in RnRC. Trouble is, Queen isn't really Queen without Freddy Mercury, and since he's gone, how would the scene in the recording studio - with the band - be handled? I suppose that Freddy could be recreated via CGI...
Would his estate agree to that? It wouldn’t be Queen’s decision

No Name

As much as it pains me to say this, keeping it within “rock and roll” inherently dates it. I LOVE rock and roll. That said, the last time a rock album was the #1 selling album on Billboard charts was Coldplay.
I have no strong feelings for rock n roll, but the name is so good. Rock n Roller Coaster. It doesn’t really work with other genres.

Maybe they could replace the Aerosmith video with Dwayne Johnson, and then just play random pop music on the ride. The Rock & Roller Coaster. I see no better option.

Tonto

I love AC/DC, but they're too old to be really relevant in 20 years. They'll all probably be dead by then.
I think AC/DC has a few iconic songs that transcend generations.
Not saying they would be a good fit for the ride; although hearing Thunderstruck would be AWESOME!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom