RnRc Retheme?

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Queen could be cool but the preshow video would have to either be the current band racing to a show, with only 2 original members who are ancient, or a reworked premise. I love the music but I'm not sure if they'd make it fit.

Disney should appeal to the intellectuals. Instead of rushing to a concert, Sir Brian Harold (of Queen) realizes he's late to an astrophysics lecture that he is giving on the other side of LA. Adam (Lambart), as a California native says, hey, I know a short cut... my limo is right our back! Brian says... fine, but I get to pick the music... and the rest writes itself... of course they use the stomp-stomp-clap intro from We Will Rock you from the time the train leaves the station until just before the launch... the rest of the music used is up for debate (though randomizing it so it changes every ride would be ideal).

Robbiem

"Don't Stop Me Now" would be epic in RnRC. Trouble is, Queen isn't really Queen without Freddy Mercury, and since he's gone, how would the scene in the recording studio - with the band - be handled? I suppose that Freddy could be recreated via CGI...
Or you could use Rami Malek I guess.

A Beatles coaster with yellow submarine animated fab four would work IMO but I doubt Disne would be willing to negotiate with apple corp

Bocabear

or..... Just theme it to Toontown...which is set in the 1940s Hollywood... Make it a cartoon-ified crazy limo ride through Toontown Hollywood ...same track, new set pieces, some digital mapping and projections a la Runaway Railway, and you have a hit...that fits the park like a glove.

Bocabear

While I have always loved Rock N Roller Coaster, i have never really felt it fit the whole 1940s Hollywood theme of the park...
Making a Toontown themed coaster would fit the feel of park and give them a reason to add an expanded Toontown area with new attractions, shops, and eateries... Like Anaheim has...but could be bigger and better.

Marc Davis Fan

While I have always loved Rock N Roller Coaster, i have never really felt it fit the whole 1940s Hollywood theme of the park...
Making a Toontown themed coaster would fit the feel of park and give them a reason to add an expanded Toontown area with new attractions, shops, and eateries... Like Anaheim has...but could be bigger and better.

I didn't realize this until just a few years ago, but... when you turn and walk down Sunset Blvd., apparently you're actually moving to a romanticized present-day Hollywood/LA, rather than the 40s of Hollywood Blvd., etc. Thus, ToT ("the time is now...") and RnRC take place in present-day.

Anyhow, I love your idea for a toonified RnRC. This would fix all the immersion problems (vehicle, sets), since all those rules came break in a cartoon world. The only problem, of course, is that it might clash with MMRR (two different attractions in which you "enter a cartoon world").

Movielover

Sunset Blvd. actually changes time periods as you walk down it. The junction of Sunset and Hollywood Blvd. is set in the golden age of Hollywood, the 30's. Once you past the Carthay Circle you move into the 40's represented by Rosie's All American Cafe and the Victory Gardens (and also where the Who Framed Roger Rabbit attraction, which takes place in 47, was suppose to be). Before moving into the 90's which Rock N Rollercoaster takes place, before ending with Tower of Terror which takes place in the present, or as Rod Serling says "The time is now on an evening very much like the one we have just witnessed" Long after the hotel has been abandoned.

More recent updates and such have washed over this setting but the idea of Sunset Blvd. is that you are moving through time.

Bocabear

Sunset Blvd. actually changes time periods as you walk down it. The junction of Sunset and Hollywood Blvd. is set in the golden age of Hollywood, the 30's. Once you past the Carthay Circle you move into the 40's represented by Rosie's All American Cafe and the Victory Gardens (and also where the Who Framed Roger Rabbit attraction, which takes place in 47, was suppose to be). Before moving into the 90's which Rock N Rollercoaster takes place, before ending with Tower of Terror which takes place in the present, or as Rod Serling says "The time is now on an evening very much like the one we have just witnessed" Long after the hotel has been abandoned.

More recent updates and such have washed over this setting but the idea of Sunset Blvd. is that you are moving through time.
I guess the fact that the attraction is off Sunset Boulevard and not visible from the street makes it easier to make the transition work...and Toontown was just off the real world through a tunnel portal which could easily replace the guitar and limo at streetside. Then they could create a corridor running parallel behind Sunset Market connecting with the Animation courtyard which could all be part and parcel of Toontown...It would be a much more engaging land than Toy Story Land with the broader source material...Acme Gag Factory, Roger Rabbit Ride where the old Animation building was, a venue for a live show... lots of interesting shops and food venues could fit. and of course it is a natural place for the classic Disney cartoon Meet N Greets. It is about time the WDW got it's version of Toontown.

Movielover

I guess the fact that the attraction is off Sunset Boulevard and not visible from the street makes it easier to make the transition work...and Toontown was just off the real world through a tunnel portal which could easily replace the guitar and limo at streetside. Then they could create a corridor running parallel behind Sunset Market connecting with the Animation courtyard which could all be part and parcel of Toontown...It would be a much more engaging land than Toy Story Land with the broader source material...Acme Gag Factory, Roger Rabbit Ride where the old Animation building was, a venue for a live show... lots of interesting shops and food venues could fit. and of course it is a natural place for the classic Disney cartoon Meet N Greets. It is about time the WDW got it's version of Toontown.
If I recall correctly the concept art that was leaked of the Roger Rabbit stuff was going to be Maroon Studios facing sunset Blvd, with additional soundstages and the AMCE Prop Warehouse visible then only going to Toontown once on the ride. Its been awhile since I looked at them though. It would have tied in nicely with the rest of the studio theme the park had at the time and still left the expansion pad that Rock'n Rollercoaster went on free since it was still being used as Cast Member parking.

This would have contrasted nicely with the factory/ warehouse theme of the Dick Tracey Crimestoppers show building across the park in the Streets of New York Backlot.

celluloid

I love The Muppets but I prefer Variety.

Spinal Tap is arguably the greatest depiction of Rocknroll that never was and always will be, which matches Hollywood that never was and always will be. There is a new movie coming out and they are older but still witty and the humor and attitude is spot on.

A dream world, I would have a This is Spinal Tap themed Rocknrollercoaster.

Cmdr_Crimson

I love The Muppets but I prefer Variety.

Spinal Tap is arguably the greatest depiction of Rocknroll that never was and always will be, which matches Hollywood that never was and always will be. There is a new movie coming out and they are older but still witty and the humor and attitude is spot on.

A dream world, I would have a This is Spinal Tap themed Rocknrollercoaster.
Some Jerk with a Camera already had that idea..

celluloid

Some Jerk with a Camera already had that idea..

Funny, yeah. I have been saying it is the right fit for a decade, occasionally on this board and others. Also, remember Universal originally went this angle with marketing a backstory for Rip Ride Rockit, but sadly it did not carry over to the ride, which has zero theme, just a very dated light aesthetic that was not great to begin with.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Some sites are reporting reopening (potentially) as early as June 3rd? I know I shouldn't take any stock in this, but I'm selfishly hoping it's true (I have a mid July trip planned).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom