RnRc Retheme?

Marne-la-Vallée

I've probably said this before, but if there weren't already a Guardians of the Galaxy coaster in EPCOT, I think it would've been a good choice for a Rock 'n' Roller Coaster retheme.
I know for a fact this was actually an option years ago. Some old plans for Avengers Campus in Paris had Guardians of the Galaxy for Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster. It was deemed too expensive by Eurodisney, because the plan involved new trains by Vekoma with a little screen in front of the guest to simulate radio contact with the Guardians. A plan was proposed to share development cost with Orlando, both rethemes would happen at the same time. Not sure where in the process this idea got scrapped, but that’s how things go. I believe the Orlando team found GotG too popular for a retheme, while in Europe there were concerns about the popularity of that IP. The ride we eventually got, Avengers Flight Force, is a complete abomination with old uncomfortable Vekoma trains on a ‘new’ ride. This was done on a budget.

Bocabear

Setting is everything in good theme park design... say you are at the end of Sunset Boulevard in a vaguely golden age of Hollywood setting... does anybody's mind go immediately to Monsters Inc?
I am sure the observation was just about it being a rollercoaster, but with the blunders we have seen lately, I would hope they would get this right and theme it to something that has a tie-in to 1930-40s Hollywood. Toontown is the logical choice...

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
Setting is everything in good theme park design... say you are at the end of Sunset Boulevard in a vaguely golden age of Hollywood setting... does anybody's mind go immediately to Monsters Inc?
I am sure the observation was just about it being a rollercoaster, but with the blunders we have seen lately, I would hope they would get this right and theme it to something that has a tie-in to 1930-40s Hollywood. Toontown is the logical choice...
Roger Rabbit retheme for RNRC would be perfect.

Stupido

I think they should leave it as is. It’s extremely popular, fits the theme, and adds a something unique. The Hollywood music scene is almost as big as the movie scene, but it’s sever

I'd argue it doesn't really fit the theme. Hollywood Studios is the park with the biggest identity crisis for me. MGM Studios was founded as a place to go behind the curtain of Hollywood, and see how the magic gets made. Several attractions supported this theme: Backlot Tour, Animation Courtyard covering the Animation side, Indy Stunt Show, Rock N Roller covering music, etc. However today it seems to be more of a park where you can step into the worlds of your favorite Movies: Star Wars, Toy Story, Muppets, Twilight Zone. There's a bit of a division of where MGM ends and Hollywood begins. I think RnR leans more into what the park used to be. If they were to demo Animation Courtyard and RnR, they'd have a decent size land to make another "Step into your favorite movie" land, and truly unify the park for me.

Last edited:

SteamboatJoe

I'd argue it doesn't really fit the theme. Hollywood Studios is the park with the biggest identity crisis for me. MGM Studios was founded as a place to go behind the curtain of Hollywood, and see how the magic gets made. Serval attractions supported this theme: Backlot Tour, Animation Courtyard covering the Animation side, Indy Stunt Show, Rock N Roller covering music, etc. However today it seems to be more of a park where you can step into the worlds of your favorite Movies: Star Wars, Toy Story, Muppets, Twilight Zone. There's a bit of a division of where MGM ends and Hollywood begins. I athink RnR leans more into what the park used to be. If they were to demo Animation Courtyard and RnR, they'd have a decent size land to make another "Step into your favorite movie" land, and truly unify the park for me.
My tinfoil hat, probably not the case at all conspiracy is they are land banking Animation Courtyard and the associated back stage areas in the off chance Avengers Campus or something similar ever becomes possible.

zipadee999

My tinfoil hat, probably not the case at all conspiracy is they are land banking Animation Courtyard and the associated back stage areas in the off chance Avengers Campus or something similar ever becomes possible.
I actually wonder if a Florida version of avengers campus (if they could ever find a way to get the theme park rights) would be vastly superior because they’d have to compete with IOA. Maybe they’d even go with a full on NYC theme to really go all out.

MagicHappens1971

I actually wonder if a Florida version of avengers campus (if they could ever find a way to get the theme park rights) would be vastly superior because they’d have to compete with IOA. Maybe they’d even go with a full on NYC theme to really go all out.
If Disney ever got the rights (which I think the odds are slim) I would hope they would go all out. AC at DCA is not very encouraging for that

Purduevian

I would love a super hero land with the IP they can use in DHS. Split it into a SanFransokyo (big hero 6), Metroville (incredibles), and a mini avengers campus with guardians, Dr. Strange, Ant Man?, Shang Chi?, Deadpool?, ect.

It's kinda a shame they already built a guardians coaster because that would be the obvious overlay to RnRC in this scenario.

celluloid

I know for a fact this was actually an option years ago. Some old plans for Avengers Campus in Paris had Guardians of the Galaxy for Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster. It was deemed too expensive by Eurodisney, because the plan involved new trains by Vekoma with a little screen in front of the guest to simulate radio contact with the Guardians. A plan was proposed to share development cost with Orlando, both rethemes would happen at the same time. Not sure where in the process this idea got scrapped, but that’s how things go. I believe the Orlando team found GotG too popular for a retheme, while in Europe there were concerns about the popularity of that IP. The ride we eventually got, Avengers Flight Force, is a complete abomination with old uncomfortable Vekoma trains on a ‘new’ ride. This was done on a budget.

The weight from screens these days seems baffling, as a few guests with cell phones are goin to weigh more than screen tech that can be used to install.

Bocabear

I am not hoping for Avengers Campus especially after seeing what they have built as an "Avengers Campus " already. It is pretty universally panned. Someone should have stopped them like they did for Star Wars and Pandora, and sent them back to the drawing board before they committed to that.

Bluehill

I’m hoping for a Goofy Movie I2I retro refit!
I need the merch and the ‘powerlime’ candy (I know it’s a prop at Disneyland) but I would buy the real thing haha.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom