RnRc Retheme?

MagicHappens1971

I've long suggested a Black Panther redo of RNRC. That being said, the fact that there is no Black Panther presence (M'Baku and Shuri meet and greets are going to Disneyland) in DHS tells me that are previous assumptions of what they can do are likely false. I suspect all major characters in the Black Panther movies are off limits for Florida.
I wouldn’t read too much into this. They haven’t done M&Gs for Marvel characters they have the rights for except for Dr. strange back in 2015-2016

RSoxNo1

I wouldn’t read too much into this. They haven’t done M&Gs for Marvel characters they have the rights for except for Dr. strange back in 2015-2016
What else do they have the rights to that they've skipped M&Gs for?

Shang Chi? Are we even sure they can use him in Florida?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
There was also a Star Lord and Baby Groot M&G. And Gamora appeared 'in person' is Awesome Mix Concert (or whatever it was called).

What else do they have the rights to that they've skipped M&Gs for?

Shang Chi? Are we even sure they can use him in Florida?
Shang Chi should indeed be usable in WDW. As well as Eternals.

SpectreJordan

I've long suggested a Black Panther redo of RNRC. That being said, the fact that there is no Black Panther presence (M'Baku and Shuri meet and greets are going to Disneyland) in DHS tells me that are previous assumptions of what they can do are likely false. I suspect all major characters in the Black Panther movies are off limits for Florida.
Is there marketing for the movie in HS? That seems to be the best sign of who they can use or not. Shuri is a weird case because I'm pretty sure she was created after IOA opened.
Shang-Chi, Eternals, I believe Moon-Knight & Ms. Marvel as well
Ms Marvel & Moon Knight had marketing in Hollywood Studios, so they're fair game! I imagine Werewolf By Night is too, I'd be shocked if he was somehow in Universal's rights package.

SpectreJordan

Marketing a movie or show at DHS is not fully indicative of theme park character rights.
It's not fully indicative but it's a good sign. Disney isn't allowed to promote Marvel movies of characters found in Universal. They famously had a Monorail wrap that was only on the Magic Kingdom train since the Epcot one goes through the park.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
It's not fully indicative but it's a good sign. Disney isn't allowed to promote Marvel movies of characters found in Universal. They famously had a Monorail wrap that was only on the Magic Kingdom train since the Epcot one goes through the park.
They can’t market the name ‘Marvel’ in the parks. Even a monorail wrap with the word ‘Marvel’ on it, even for a movie, is verboten.

Purduevian

I assume we can also look at Skyliner Wraps as it passes over the France Pavilion (unless the cabs are designated to go on certain lines).
Guardians is the only marvel property on the Skyliner

YodaMan

Innnterestingly... I was at DHS tonight and during the Disney Movie Magic projection show, the only two Marvel movies represented were Doctor Strange and Guardians, which are the only to MCU IPs to ever appear in a WDW park so far.

To be fair that show debuted in May 2017 and GotG Vol 2 and Doctor Strange were the two most recent MCU films. And the show has only received… 2? updates (Wrinkle In Time was briefly added in 2018 and then Mulan was added in 2020).

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Good 4 U GIF by Olivia Rodrigo

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom