RnRc Retheme?

SpectreJordan

An interesting development occurred that I didn’t even know about until it was mentioned in passing in a YouTube video. Aerosmith‘s entire catalogue will become Universal’s in 2022.

Not sure how much this effects the coaster but was shocked to not see it mentioned here.
I imagine that has little to do with theme park rights. & even if it does, Disney probably has the contract until some specific date.
When I think of obvious rethemes of the ride, it always seems to me that Guardians of the Galaxy would have been an obvious choice with the whole soundtrack mixtape thing they have going on… yet it got its own separate ride/coaster.
I'm glad they did something new. Cosmic is so much more fun than RnRRC. I would've been disappointed with a simple retheme while the track remains the same.

Edit: I totally wasn't paying attention to the dates. Didn't realize these posts were a year old. 😅

Last edited:

TheEPCOTHistorian

In the Parks
Yes
I have to say, after riding RnRC twice this week, I noticed all of the show lights are working again. The 3d model buildings and painted city-scape are finally visible and in blacklight again, the stars on the curtain by brake run 1 are back, and the audio cues for the honks when you go over the launch work again.

Purduevian

I'll throw my dream re-theme out again.

Rock n' Rollercoaster featuring Powerline:

Re-theme the queue to Goofy's house. Throughout the queue we see Goofy getting into mishaps while accidently avoiding max who is chasing him around trying to get his attention.

Preshow room: Max finally catches up with Goofy and tells him their friend powerline sent a limo and wants them to come to the concert
Alley: Rethemed to goofy's back yard
Repaint the ride vehicles to be more cartoon like
Ride experience pretty similar, but different end show. Randomly get Eye2Eye or Standout

Connect the whole ride all the way back to MMRR with a new toontown.

ToTBellHop

I'll throw my dream re-theme out again.

Rock n' Rollercoaster featuring Powerline:

Re-theme the queue to Goofy's house. Throughout the queue we see Goofy getting into mishaps while accidently avoiding max who is chasing him around trying to get his attention.

Preshow room: Max finally catches up with Goofy and tells him their friend powerline sent a limo and wants them to come to the concert
Alley: Rethemed to goofy's back yard
Repaint the ride vehicles to be more cartoon like
Ride experience pretty similar, but different end show. Randomly get Eye2Eye or Standout

Connect the whole ride all the way back to MMRR with a new toontown.
While I love the idea of Powerline music, my concern is that a 48” height requirement is too high for a Goofy coaster. Even Goofy’s Sky School at 42” is pushing it.

J4546

incredicoaster (name adn theming withstanding) is a great classic wooden syled coaster imo, 1 of my faves in any disneypark. I know its not themed beyond a midway coaster and isnt nearly as technicaly impressive as some of the others but I think its got a great launch on the water, another chain lift halfway through, a simple loop....i think its a very solid ride

TheEPCOTHistorian

In the Parks
Yes
Lets be honest... If anyone has ridden RnRC lately, you know it is beyond rough. It's almost unbearably painful and has lasted quite a while in terms of Vekoma service life. I think it's just time to let it ride into the sunset.

J4546

If/when they demolish and redevelop the NW quadrant of DHS for an expansion, Id rather they just tear out RnRc and replace it all together rather than retheme it

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Weird actually, came out shocked about 2 weeks ago when my head didn't bash as it did about 2 months ago.

Agreed. My wife, who usually only rides once due to the head bashing, rode multiple times during our trip, and no comments from her about the roughness as would normally be the case.

SpectreJordan

I'm speaking in direct comparison to newer experiences in the industry like Cosmic Rewind, Hagrid's MCMBA or Velocicoaster. RnRC did definitely get somewhat smoother, but it still feels jarring in comparison to other coasters in the industry.
I rode it in September & I was fine tbh; it was smoother than I remember it being.

On the opposite side of things, I rode Hulk last week for the first time in a while AND that is a rough coaster now. I had fun, but man my ears were sore from the head bashing lol. That coaster is showing its age especially since its right across the lake from Velocicoaster.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom