RNRC Re-Theming Rumors...... again

ChrisFL

Premium Member
quick reminder that the very short lived Hard Rock Park had a whole ride dedicated to "Nights in White Satin" by The Moody Blues.

Also, I could see this happening.........Guardians of the Galaxy Awesome Mix . Yes, they have a ride in Epcot coming but when did that ever stop them? There's Little Mermaid attractions, Toy Story attractions, Lion King attractions in different parks.

Honestly I could see this being very successful as one of the main reasons IMO that the GOTG movies worked so well is their soundtrack

aliceismad

quick reminder that the very short lived Hard Rock Park had a whole ride dedicated to "Nights in White Satin" by The Moody Blues.

Also, I could see this happening.........Guardians of the Galaxy Awesome Mix . Yes, they have a ride in Epcot coming but when did that ever stop them? There's Little Mermaid attractions, Toy Story attractions, Lion King attractions in different parks.

Honestly I could see this being very successful as one of the main reasons IMO that the GOTG movies worked so well is their soundtrack
I could totally see this as a GOTG Awesome Mix. (Actually, I was kind of surprised that they were putting a GOTG ride in Epcot instead of just rethemeing in HS.)

daronlif

Coming into this late, but...

Eh. It depends.

With superhero films and other assorted franchises, many people play the characters through the years. To me, Christopher Reeve is and always will be Superman. To others, it's George Reeves. To others it's Henry Cavill. Etc. If you had an attraction that was based around the Christopher Reeve films, then that would seem rather dated, as you say.

On the other hand, Daniel Radcliffe is -- at least so far -- the one and only on-screen Harry Potter. And, quite frankly, I don't see that changing. I think they will continue to make new films in the Wizarding World franchise (e.g. Fantastic Beasts), but I don't see them going back and actually re-doing the Harry Potter character himself with another actor anytime soon.

And even if they did, I'm not sure that would change the public's identification with Radcliffe. To me, Harry Potter is somewhat like Captain Kirk. Even after Chris Pine played the character, in the public consciousness William Shatner is Kirk, even though it's been 24 years since he last played that role.

I could be wrong. It's happened once or twice. ;) But I don't see the Warner Bros./Daniel Radcliffe Potter franchise being replaced in the public consciousness with a different version.

Try to film another screenbased attraction with those characters/actors in 10 years and you'll see the problem with that logic.

Bairstow

Try to film another screenbased attraction with those characters/actors in 10 years and you'll see the problem with that logic.
It's already possible now.
In 10 years, doing it will be trivial.

princess-leia-carrie-fisher-didnt-know-cgi.png

JustAFan

I know some don't like the idea of touching ToT. I enjoy ToT at H.S., but recently went to California and rode the new Guardians version. The Jackson 5 song ('Want You Back' I think?) works very well on that ride.

JohnByers

I know some don't like the idea of touching ToT. I enjoy ToT at H.S., but recently went to California and rode the new Guardians version. The Jackson 5 song ('Want You Back' I think?) works very well on that ride.

When I went to DL this past Jan I was a skeptic of the Guardians version. I got off that ride enamored with it and rode it three more times. It was absolutely awesome.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
When I went to DL this past Jan I was a skeptic of the Guardians version. I got off that ride enamored with it and rode it three more times. It was absolutely awesome.

1543867327282.png

KBLovedDisney

Since Disney owns Fox IP, maybe it's time to start thinking out of the Disney Animation/Pixar/Star Wars box.

The Sound of Music: The Ride!
Or since everything is going to space, I say theme it to The Black Hole with space-y music and V.I.N.C.E.N.T. telling you to get away from the black hole before it gets you.

Eh? Why not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom