RNRC Re-Theming Rumors...... again

AdventureHasAName

I’d call it a super-stretch.

Sorry.

Anyway, the plywood flats (and obviously-not-a-limo vehicle, obviously-coaster-track “roadway,” etc.) make it not very immersive. So, anything that can turn it into a more immersive experience (e.g., you don’t have to suspend your disbelief as much regarding the visuals) would be an improvement, as long as it doesn’t ruin the aesthetics or sightlines Sunset Boulevard / the Tower of Terror area. But it would be REALLY unfortunate if the retheme involved messing up that area, as it’s one of WDW’s best immersive environments (IMO).

If it were me, I'd re-theme the rollercoaster around the band KISS, add an Alien Encounter and make that area of the park a mini-horror section. People would line up to get their photos taken with a Gene Simmons look-a-like.

RSoxNo1

1. What IP have they stuffed into epcot? Only Frozen. Everything else is still in planning stages. So how can you say you’re not going to judge SWL but you’ll rip on Epcot additions/changes.

2. AK has never been a 1/4 day park for anyone except people only interested in rides. The theming and level of detail are amazing. The shows are good.

I don’t see how you can have both of the opinions above unless you’re just ****y about everything Disney does. Because people who love the depth and edutainment of WS should love AK.
Finding Nemo, Ratatouille, Three Caballeros, Guardians of the Galaxy

DisneyCane

Sometime within the next decade Aerosmith will retire. I don't think they'll still tour when Steven Tyler is 80. At that point you kind of have to change the theme unless everybody rides ToT first to be transported to the twilight zone to be able to see the band.

DisneyCane

Quite a bit more than Aerosmith indeed, much as I love RnRC as is. ;)

At any rate, the order is to add Disney properties to all experiences, so all our speculation and wish listing is void. The choice is more between Incredibles or Marvel.

I think people that grew up with or soon after the Beatles and Elvis would like a roller coaster with their music, however, not many people under 30 are going to be rocking out to Beatles or Elvis.

Aerosmith had huge popularity in the 70s-90s. At the time RnRC was built they were only a few years removed from a huge album. They were appealing to at least 2 generations, one of which was in the target age for a roller coaster.

For test of time make it featuring Bohemian Rhapsody. That song was a hit in the 70s, 90s and to some extent now. Retheme as a time machine to go see Freddie perform.

Haymarket2008

Id personally like to see it themed to the rocker Mickey that has been on all the merchandise lately. Makes it more “timeless”, more “corporate” :p

TrojanUSC

The Beatles make the most sense to me.
Make it a yellow submarine coaster and the visuals that would needed to be added take care of themselves without much thought
OR
make it a yellow submarine VR coaster and then Disney doesn't even have to spend money on re-building the actual ride itself.

Agreed they are the perfect choice. However, the issue is they'd have to get permission from Apple Corps (the Beatles-owned music company, not the computer company), as they control all the Beatles-related partnerships. The question then becomes what sort of creative approval they would want and do the surviving stakeholders really want the Beatles to be a follow-up to Aerosmith on a 20 year old ride. Sort of lowers their cachet a bit. The partnership with Cirque required a brand-new hundred million dollar show.

Kman101

Is there even any reason to re-theme Tower Of Terror? It is one of the most immersive and beautifully designed attractions at WDW... it is a truly complete experience...setting up as you walk down Sunset.. the gates and grounds and even the exit, all beautifully done....

Because Twilight Zone is "ew old" to some? Like GMR. "Well, I don't know those films". Um, find out just like I did ... (though I admit I was a different kind of kid who actually wanted to learn what I didn't know)

Kobe!!

Agreed they are the perfect choice. However, the issue is they'd have to get permission from Apple Corps (the Beatles-owned music company, not the computer company), as they control all the Beatles-related partnerships. The question then becomes what sort of creative approval they would want and do the surviving stakeholders really want the Beatles to be a follow-up to Aerosmith on a 20 year old ride. Sort of lowers their cachet a bit. The partnership with Cirque required a brand-new hundred million dollar show.
I have a friend who worked on Hard Rock Park, the short lived (and greatly missed) theme park in SC.
They tried really hard to get a Beatles attraction but apparently Apple was holding out hope for an entire Beatles theme park.
Apple plays hardball but I understand because they're trying to protect their property!

Do you know how much money The Beatles would want for Disney to do this? Good luck! ha!

WDWTank

Just keep Aerosmith, the attraction is still popular. If anything, have a mix of bands. Heavy Metal by Sammy Hagar would be great on this ride. Also, I’m under 30. I’m 20. At Disney, there’s something for any age, and any generation. So, Disney should be multigenerational. That’s why the Mark Twain Riverboat still exists. Also, retro and nostalgia pop culture is making LOTS of money. Like Universal’s HHN 28! :D Also, I saw a Snapchat picture that appeared to show a VHS tape being sold at Target. One man’s trash is one man’s Treasure :)
By the way, Aerosmith is my favorite band! :cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom