RNRC Re-Theming Rumors...... again

mr.flibble

The Beatles or Elvis don't give you vibes of speeding off on a wild roller coaster. You would need to drastically change the ride to fit those artists.

Theme the coaster cars to this...

thebus.jpg

and presto. The Magical Mystery Coaster.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I think people that grew up with or soon after the Beatles and Elvis would like a roller coaster with their music, however, not many people under 30 are going to be rocking out to Beatles or Elvis.

Aerosmith had huge popularity in the 70s-90s. At the time RnRC was built they were only a few years removed from a huge album. They were appealing to at least 2 generations, one of which was in the target age for a roller coaster.

For test of time make it featuring Bohemian Rhapsody. That song was a hit in the 70s, 90s and to some extent now. Retheme as a time machine to go see Freddie perform.

You prefer a title that has taken pop-culture inclusions to bring it back around... to the beatles?

While newer generations may not consider themselves 'fans' of the beatles... they know the music and like the songs.

People don't have to consider themselves 'followers' or be closely associated with a brand or image to like the product.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
If Disney wants to get rid of us pesky older guests who expect quality and theming, just replace Aerosmith with Post Malone and Cardi B. A Thanos-level instant attendance reduction. Seriously, I would never set foot near that ride again if they did anything even close to that.

Almac97

If Disney wants to get rid of us pesky older guests who expect quality and theming, just replace Aerosmith with Post Malone and Cardi B.
I'd never suggest vandalism at a Disney park, never... but that would test my ethics.

It's too bad Roger Rabbit isn't very relevant anymore, because it's an existing IP that could be shoehorned into RNRC very easily.

I love Aerosmith, and my 9yr old likes them as well thanks to their recent pinball machine made by Stern, but if it weren't for that he'd probably look at that ride and question what an 'Aerosmith' was.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I prefer Pre-Malone.

One thing about modern music, there isn't very many widely popular across many demographics with longevity anymore unless we do go back bands from 20-30 years ago. I could see U2 being one possibility.

Edit: I could see them doing a rotation, like every few months feature a different band

flynnibus

Premium Member
I prefer Pre-Malone.

One thing about modern music, there isn't very many widely popular across many demographics with longevity anymore unless we do go back bands from 20-30 years ago. I could see U2 being one possibility.

Edit: I could see them doing a rotation, like every few months feature a different band

Depends on how wide you really want to go...

There are bands like the Foo Fighters that have pretty good radio hits that both young and old would like.. and appear to have longevity in front of them. Pearl jam? Green day could be clean enough...

There are many pop/country names that would be low risk, but probably not a great upside. Buffet comes to mind.. the eagles..

If you keep it to like a 10yr window... there are acts (I don't call them bands) that have good Disney audience exposure... OneRepublic, etc.

of course they could always try to win a no-brainer like the rolling stones. But I don't see that happening.

Can we get an Ozzie Ozzbourne Crazy Train? :)

Tom P.

Coming into this late, but...
I feel that way about live-action adaptations of movies as well. I think Universal should have went with original designs for Potter based on the novels rather than the Warner Brothers / Daniel Radcliffe version of everything.
Yes, you in 2018 feel that way. I think it's different in 2038.
Eh. It depends.

With superhero films and other assorted franchises, many people play the characters through the years. To me, Christopher Reeve is and always will be Superman. To others, it's George Reeves. To others it's Henry Cavill. Etc. If you had an attraction that was based around the Christopher Reeve films, then that would seem rather dated, as you say.

On the other hand, Daniel Radcliffe is -- at least so far -- the one and only on-screen Harry Potter. And, quite frankly, I don't see that changing. I think they will continue to make new films in the Wizarding World franchise (e.g. Fantastic Beasts), but I don't see them going back and actually re-doing the Harry Potter character himself with another actor anytime soon.

And even if they did, I'm not sure that would change the public's identification with Radcliffe. To me, Harry Potter is somewhat like Captain Kirk. Even after Chris Pine played the character, in the public consciousness William Shatner is Kirk, even though it's been 24 years since he last played that role.

I could be wrong. It's happened once or twice. ;) But I don't see the Warner Bros./Daniel Radcliffe Potter franchise being replaced in the public consciousness with a different version.

DisneyCane

You prefer a title that has taken pop-culture inclusions to bring it back around... to the beatles?

While newer generations may not consider themselves 'fans' of the beatles... they know the music and like the songs.

People don't have to consider themselves 'followers' or be closely associated with a brand or image to like the product.
I was being sarcastic. Point being that Bohemian Rhapsody is just as known by multiple generations as the Beatles or Elvis. I don't think any of them would be good theming. If you are going to feature one band/artist, the singer should at least have been alive in the last 30 years.

DisneyCane

Depends on how wide you really want to go...

There are bands like the Foo Fighters that have pretty good radio hits that both young and old would like.. and appear to have longevity in front of them. Pearl jam? Green day could be clean enough...

There are many pop/country names that would be low risk, but probably not a great upside. Buffet comes to mind.. the eagles..

If you keep it to like a 10yr window... there are acts (I don't call them bands) that have good Disney audience exposure... OneRepublic, etc.

of course they could always try to win a no-brainer like the rolling stones. But I don't see that happening.

Can we get an Ozzie Ozzbourne Crazy Train? :)
If going with a train song/theme use "Nightrain" by Guns n' Roses. Sure it's about cheap liquor but the lyrics go well with a roller coaster.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom