RnRC New Theme Discussion

Amidala

honestly I'm scared to see what the new theme is. Disney seems to be importing the rides with specific IP's and Hollywood Studios is turning into where " you'll be inside the movies"... I can imagine this ride sadly being an disney ip with a land based around it

I know you're not too enthusiastic about this (and I get that) but ironically, this sounds like the most concise & accurate explanation of what DHS's theme will be post-SWL. Makes "Disney's Hollwood/Movie/Film Adventure" make a little more sense when you put it this way.

As for Dr. Strange...I'm probably too biased to weigh in. I'm a Marvel comics fan and enjoy most of the MCU well enough, but the MCU adaptations of Dr. Strange and GOTG do nothing for me...the idea of having them in WDW (or really any Marvel properties) is hard for me to wrap my mind around. That being said, Dr. Strange did do meet-and-greets at DHS, so I guess there's precedent for it.

TrojanUSC

Obviously they are fixing some of the sightline issues for the upcoming projects. Most of the show buildings on property are painted either "Go Away Green" (Dinosaur, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Small World) or this color blue (Soarin'). One would imagine the other show buildings that are within sightline will similarly be repainted. There's a few exceptions to these colors based on surrounding areas.

No Name

I'd say Rock 'n' Rollercoaster is an intergal attraction because it adds to the stardom and glamour aspect of DHS, which resonates powerfully with guests. Most kids and even adults have this inner desire to be famous. It's a natural part of us.

This was so successful after DHS and Universal were built that it began to infiltrate the other parks, and it eventually became too much and too cheap. In fact it's kind of similar to the situation today, where movie world stuff is infiltrating the other parks, and it'll eventually become too much and too cheap. There are already signs.

But everything is good in the right place in the right amount.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom