RnRC New Theme Discussion

HowAboutDisney

If they really wanted to change out Aerosmith, this would have been a great spot for Guardians of the Galaxy. Just change the ride to the Guardians and switch out the music. This could have saved Tower of Terror and Universe of Energy.

I really don’t care for universe of energy so I’m okay with that being replaced over RnRC. I think tower is going to be safe for a good while longer.. I heard a rumor on here a long time ago about RnRC being replaced by A goofy Movie power line concert theme and I’d welcome that..

Amidala

The Power Line concept is a cool idea, but I can't see it happening...it isn't exactly a popular IP in 2017. I'm sure guests would still go on the ride (as people have said in this thread, it's the only roller coaster at DHS and arguably the most thrilling coaster in WDW, full stop) but the reference would be lost on many.

It's hard to speculate about a future re-theming for RnR just because I'm not even sure what the unifying theme of DHS will be by 2019, when the name change is implemented, GMR is gone and Galaxy's Edge is open...but with ToT and the old Hollywood feel of Sunset Boulevard still intact (?)

Phineas

Is there anything left of Universe of Energy to save though?
I believe it was @marni1971 who mentioned that at one time, they were considering reimagining the attraction as a Big Bang Theory (The scientific concept)-themed, long-format dark ride.

So while the ride in its current form has been left to rot, and has been begging to be shuttered, the theme and spirit could have been maintained and saved had they gone this route.

Sometimes it's better not to know what could have been.

Last edited:

HowAboutDisney

I believe it was @marni1971 who mentioned that at one time, they were considering reimagining the attraction as a Big Bang Theory (The scientific concept)-themed, long-format dark ride.

So while the ride in its current form has been left to rot, and has been begging to be shuttered, the theme and spirit could have been maintained and saved had they gone this route.

Sometimes it's better not to know what could have been.
Big Bang is a terrible idea for an attraction.. I’m happy they’re not doing that

RAXIP

Paint job update via Bioreconstruct on Twitter
IMG_1001.jpg

WDWbuff2001

since it was being rumored that the new theme would be guardians of the galaxy, but since thats going to epcot, what might be the new theme

WDWFREAK53

I don't know why but I see a Doctor Strange overlay happening. They could utilize Augmented Reality and have it appear as if you're traveling within the astral dimension.

The ending could have you come face to face with Dormammu.

WDWbuff2001

honestly I'm scared to see what the new theme is. Disney seems to be importing the rides with specific IP's and Hollywood Studios is turning into where " you'll be inside the movies"... I can imagine this ride sadly being an disney ip with a land based around it

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
honestly I'm scared to see what the new theme is. Disney seems to be importing the rides with specific IP's and Hollywood Studios is turning into where " you'll be inside the movies"... I can imagine this ride sadly being an disney ip with a land based around it

Blue paint does not necessarily mean there are any changes happening to the ride.

Matt_Black

I don't know why but I see a Doctor Strange overlay happening. They could utilize Augmented Reality and have it appear as if you're traveling within the astral dimension.

The ending could have you come face to face with Dormammu.

That could be really cool, especially if they go full Ditko with the art. Still, they'd need to work the entrance and exit areas. The one thing I love is that from start to finish, RnRC tells a complete story.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom