RnRC New Theme Discussion

NothingRhymeswithOrange

With Guardians basically out of the discussion right now, and the fact that WDW1974 said that GOTG isn't off the table for a TOT retheme, what about a retheme to Big Hero 6 for RnRC? As we have discussed cohesiveness in lands is something that Disney should be aiming towards, so this isn't completely out of left field. Basically backstory to the ride is you are flying on top of Baymax through San Fransokyo. This could then lead into the long rumored super hero land being built behind RnRC and Star Wars Launch Bay.

Voice of Disney sanity

OK people here it is....the straight up inside dope on this re-theme. It IS going to be a Marvel property but will keep with it's rock n roll theme... Marvel presents KISS!!!

I'm just kidding I have no inside info. Just was thinking about the Kiss/Marvel/Disney connection

HauntedMansionFLA

How about something that matches up / ties into the ToT theme? I like Aerosmith but have always thought they were out of place. Didn't they change they coaster into a temporary Star Wars coaster while promoting The Force Awakens? I wonder if it will turn back into SW while they are building up Rogue One this December?

DinoInstitute

How about something that matches up / ties into the ToT theme? I like Aerosmith but have always thought they were out of place. Didn't they change they coaster into a temporary Star Wars coaster while promoting The Force Awakens? I wonder if it will turn back into SW while they are building up Rogue One this December?
No, it never did, only DL space mountain got an overlay. But I agree, something that goes with the eery feel of Sunset Blvd would be nice

bunnyman

I rode RnRC last week, and it got me thinking: 1) while I’m of an age to have enjoyed Aerosmith over the years, younger folks only really know them via the ride. Took my now 20 and 17 year old children to an Aerosmith concert a few years ago, and they didn’t really seem to connect with the band (the audience was completely middle-aged to say the least); 2) Aerosmith really hasn’t been a major item since they did music for Armageddon way back in 1998; 3) the ride pre-shows are really out of date, as in Steven Tyler and Joe Perry haven’t looked like that in years. Heck, Joe Perry recently collapsed on stage at Coney Island, and they’ve said that they’re breaking up after their next tour (although that’s been said before)…as it is they really don’t get along that well (when we saw them back in 2010 Steven Tyler hit Joe Perry over the head during the concert in a reported feuding period). So, coming to my point, updating this ride with a new overlay (and hopefully keeping the ride itself intact) wouldn’t be the worst thing to happen.

Goofyernmost

I rode RnRC last week, and it got me thinking: 1) while I’m of an age to have enjoyed Aerosmith over the years, younger folks only really know them via the ride. Took my now 20 and 17 year old children to an Aerosmith concert a few years ago, and they didn’t really seem to connect with the band (the audience was completely middle-aged to say the least); 2) Aerosmith really hasn’t been a major item since they did music for Armageddon way back in 1998; 3) the ride pre-shows are really out of date, as in Steven Tyler and Joe Perry haven’t looked like that in years. Heck, Joe Perry recently collapsed on stage at Coney Island, and they’ve said that they’re breaking up after their next tour (although that’s been said before)…as it is they really don’t get along that well (when we saw them back in 2010 Steven Tyler hit Joe Perry over the head during the concert in a reported feuding period). So, coming to my point, updating this ride with a new overlay (and hopefully keeping the ride itself intact) wouldn’t be the worst thing to happen.
You're correct... the show could use any good Rock Group and still make it work, but, then the older people like myself wouldn't know who the group was so why not just leave it like it is. It doesn't matter if they are all currently being held up by walkers with guitar clamps to hold it in place (or in Stevens case.. a place to hang is drug scarf from). The music is still good, just like the Beatles music has proven to be timeless... I don't see a problem. The ride has music, it isn't about the music, it's about the thrill. I've ridden it many, many times and I cannot honestly tell you specifically, what music I heard on the 1 minute ride. I was way to absorbed in the ride itself.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom