RnRC New Theme Discussion

PorterRedkey

I imagine it will become "Rock N Roller Coaster" starring no one in particular for the time being and maybe get a major re-theme in the coming years.

I can see that. The last top 40 hit from Aerosmith was 15 years ago with "Jaded". I can't even remember that. Sure they will always be classic rock legends, but maybe not as relevant as they were in the past

SteamboatJoe

I'd be fine with this. If they don't change the actual track, and thus the physical experiences of the ride itself, all that would really be different would be the cosmetics. I respect Aerosmith for their place in music history but I think it is just time to move on from them. Not only are they getting on in age but that style of rock n' roll is seemingly almost non-existent in today's movie scene. Sure being blasted in spaceship on a roller coaster through dark space would be more than a little similar to an existing ride experience at WDW but it wouldn't be the first time that there would be a little redundancy between the parks. I think the additional focus on music would be more than enough to set the two rides apart, especially if Space Mountain is ever truly refurbished into, what I hear, is the vastly superior DL version.

Haymarket2008

So anyone else hear about the Goofy Movie Soundtrack being played on RnRC? Screamscape reported it today...

After reading the report, it sounds actually like pretty good idea. But I'd wonder if adding Goofy to an intense roller coaster would be a good idea...

Herbie

I love me some Powerline, but this is 20 years late. Hoping to build a cult following?

Technically, it already has a cult following (just based on the film, and wasn't there a live performance last D23?) And hey, nothing wrong with drawing attention to one of their lesser-utilized properties...

Singularly, I like the idea. Just not sure how it'll fit with Sunset Blvd, as a whole. But I actually really do like the idea. I haven't seen the film in forever... somewhat dark to me as a child (Max's reaction, Goofy's feelings), though I appreciate that now.. Powerline is feel-good fun and nostalgic.

doctornick

Yep, quite possible.

If they were going to have some Goofy movie/other Disney character theme for RNR, I would love for that to be the beginning of a Toontown-ish development for that area of the park (connecting to Animation Courtyard). I think that would be the type of family friendly land that the park would need and would be an easy theme to add different attractions to over time.

SCOTLORR

If they were going to have some Goofy movie/other Disney character theme for RNR, I would love for that to be the beginning of a Toontown-ish development for that area of the park (connecting to Animation Courtyard). I think that would be the type of family friendly land that the park would need and would be an easy theme to add different attractions to over time.
Exactly what i was thinking. A while back @Mike S had an idea of making a "Superhero Land" by re-theming RnRc to GoTG and then connect it through present-day backstage to the current animation courtyard. With the GoTG overlay rumor much quieter than it once was (Perhaps it will now take over star tours?) I think this plan would really work, just with a different theme. And with the lack of rides for younger ages, a toontown type area would be just what the doctor ordered.

Mike S

Exactly what i was thinking. A while back @Mike S had an idea of making a "Superhero Land" by re-theming RnRc to GoTG and then connect it through present-day backstage to the current animation courtyard. With the GoTG overlay rumor much quieter than it once was (Perhaps it will now take over star tours?) I think this plan would really work, just with a different theme. And with the lack of rides for younger ages, a toontown type area would be just what the doctor ordered.
I've gone back on that a bit since then and I would really just prefer a new ride. I'm still on board for that superhero mini-land with The Incredibles though.

Ignohippo

So I received a rumor and have the go-ahead to share. I know most of us were quite disturbed by a plan to convert ToT over to a Guardians of the Galaxy theme.

I received word that for DHS anyway, one possible plan would be a much more logical retrofit of RnRC. With rumors of an Aerosmith farewell tour in 2017, the time is ideal for a remodel where guests hear some of Star-Lord's mixtape as they whiz through (static) scenes from the film.

To me, this is a much more reasonable idea that could easily be overlayed in 6 months or less.

Thoughts?

I reported this months ago. I had heard, after the first of the year, that it was practically a definite. I had not heard anything at all about ToT at the time and that rumor caught me by surprise (but it makes sense if they're changing RaRC, too).

It would not include "static scenes from the film", however. There would just be props added throughout the ride, as there is now.

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
I reported this months ago. I had heard, after the first of the year, that it was practically a definite. I had not heard anything at all about ToT at the time and that rumor caught me by surprise (but it makes sense if they're changing RaRC, too).

It would not include "static scenes from the film", however. There would just be props added throughout the ride, as there is now.
That's what I meant when I said "static." However, apparently GotG will go elsewhere now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom