RnRc Contract End?

EpcotServo

That, as horribly overproduced as the bands are, is actually a great idea if they use some band like the Jonas Brothers. Now don't get me wrong, I don't like these bands as much as the next or last poster, but Disney would celebrate their well-deserved tween demographic money this way and fans of the band would celebrate also create the "new" ride. I believe that the Jonas Brothers are more celebrated with teens and pre- teens than Hannah is celebrated as they seem more like a real band then Hannah who has her own show and stuff. Going with the teens would be smart because more tweens would fit the height requirement than Hannah's "fan-ahs" So I declare a trade-off: Disney puts one of the tweeny-bopper bands in RnRC and with all their extra money, they build us a TLM attraction BETTER THAN DCA'S and 4 other rides that will be released in a real live press "celebration" (didn't you hear? Celebrate is the new buzzword!) possibly including a Imagination refurb, Fantasyland Ride Extravaganza, New DAK land, a Monster's Inc ride, and/or a completely new ride idea by imagineering. Deal?

I'm sorry, but Tweens-who-mostly-can't-ride-this ride for Adult-public-who-has-good-taste-in-music-and-hates-these-bands is NOT a good trade off. Needs of the few Vs. Needs of the Many in my eye.

EpcotServo

Oh, how to put this...

ummm...

methinks you should have specified them being "not tall enough to ride [the] Hannah Montana ride."

(I'm so glad that I'm not the only one whose mind made a brief detour into the gutter)

Of course, this is the forum with a thread dedicated to the perfectly innocent activity of "smacking the possum."

Just go to the Studios one day and hang out around Sunset Blvd., and you'll hear, from all shapes and sizes, "Let's go ride Aerosmith" or "I want to ride Aerosmith!". You know if they changed the name, it'd be the same.
:brick::lol:

goofyfan13

I think it would be a good idea to do possibly let the riders select their soundtrack, and give it a re-theme around that, in the event that they can't renew with Aerosmith.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Is there anyone we can write to and stop them from ruining Rock N' Roller Coaster?

Aerosmith is the perfect band to use. A lot more people are familiar with them, young and old, than just the 12 year old girls that like Hannah Montana and the Jonas Brothers. How can they get rid of 4 time Grammy award winning band that has been inducted into the Rock 'N' Roll hall of fame and has their own guitar hero and still sells out shows world wide for a 16 year old girl that just happens to make more money than her one hit wonder father. It would just be a giant advertisement for Disney. DHS needs the most work of any park and if Disney was smart they would try and keep Aerosmith. Think of all the people they would lose? Adults, teens, and kids all ride Rock 'N' Roller coaster but if Hannah Montana takes over, then the only time adults will ride it is because they don't want their daughter going by themselves. Basically it would turn from a ride that everyone tries to ride as much as they can before they leave the park to a ride that is a one timer for a whole trip. I don't care how fun the ride is, because changing it to Hannah Montana or the Jonas Brothers wouldn't make it entertaining for a lot of people. I guarantee that many people would be upset by this move and I just hope that Disney will realize this before they spend any money on it. I am a huge Aerosmith fan, and in fact Aerosmith is the reason I am a music business major (I was introduced to them from Rock 'N' Roller Coaster) and I do know a lot about the band. They still owe Columbia records an album and they have stated that they will be around for a long time mostly doing EPs for the internet and touring every year. It is a band that can be reliable. I hope Disney makes a smart move and tries to renew the contract.

I know petitions don't usually work but we NEED to do something....
So who's with me? :cool:

Mori Anne

In the Parks
No
When is the contract up?
If they don't renew, or don't renew in time, :veryconfudoes it mean that RNRC is going to be closed?

disneytopdog

Just a thought.....Can Disney up and change the artist? Didnt Hanes just take RnR on as a sponser? I am sure they(Hanes) contracted to sponser "ROCK n ROLL ROLLERCOASTER with AEROSMITH" not ROCK n ROLL ROLLERCOASTER WITH " DISNEY INSERTS BAND/SINGER NAME HERE"

This may sound far fetched, but what if the new band/singer is one that Hanes does not want to be associated with? Doesnt Disney pay Aerosmith for the use of their names and images? I am sure Hanes pays Disney a pretty penny to have their name on that ride.

This may sound far fetched, but what if the new band/singer is one that Hanes does not want to be associated with? Doesnt Disney pay Aerosmith for the use of their names and images? I am sure Hanes pays Disney a pretty penny to have their name on that ride.

Hanes is paying Disney good money and hopefully they wont let Disney make a bad move. Hanes isn't going to want sponsor the ride if they change it to an artist that attracts a limited type of audience. If Hanes is smart then they wont let Disney make any drastic changes because that would be too much of a risk (Think Journey into Imagination and Kodak). Or perhaps the fate of the ride was already known by the time Hanes began it's sponsorship. The contract is going to be up soon and I'm sure that if Aerosmith is going to renew their contract then they would have by now. It's not something that will happen last minute. So either they have already or they haven't. Or perhaps they have planned to use Hannah Montana but stuck with Aerosmith. Then got a sponsor to help them pay for the ride because I'm sure having Aerosmith costs them more money than having Hanna Montana.

bigtotoro

What's the big deal? Aerosmith all died in a plane crash in 1993, anyway. Since then, their parts have been played by evil soul less clones. Is anything recorded by Hannah Montana or the Brothers Jonas really worse than I Don't Want To Miss a Thing?

ImagineerAndy

Anyone remember the rumor from a few million years ago that said the Red Hot Chilli Peppers would be filling the shoes of Aerosmith?
I guess that never happened. But, lets not forget, RNRC has a new sponsor in Hanes and they will get a small say in this.
But I really don't this will happen, yes Hanna FakeTanna is popular as are the Souless Brothers, but Disney aren't going to cut out a key demographic, eg ALL MEN, from going on this ride. It's a thrill ride, so it's not a great fit for those 2 bands. It's kinda like what happened at Mission Space, they opened the green side to open the attraction to more guests who did not want to do orange, so I don't think making a tween coaster, or toaster as they are called, would be a good idea!

GoofyDadKB

Missing my mind...
Premium Member
They are going to switch RnRc to Hana Montana and ToT to Britney Spears Career Tower and then they are going to rename the whole park to Disney's Tween Studios. :ROFLOL:

who Knows it could be Guns N Roses ... after all Chinese Democracy is going to be released.

one stumbling block though will be I cannot imgaine the Band wanting to images of Slash and CO in a ride bearing the Guns N Roses name. and I cannot Imagine Disney wanting a ride with Just Axl and a load of other guys. Slash is a icon

Pens24

I don't think that disney would switch RnRc to any new aged bands...Aerosmith has been together since 1970 and are still together sicne then...If for some reason they don't renew their contarct they would have to put in another band that is as popular and have been together as long as they have...If they put Hannah Montana or the Jonas Brothers in the ride the bands will probally break up in the future and they would have to change the band again

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
You're all missing the obvious choice:

Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, with STITCH

stitch_guitar_041806.jpg

:drevil:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom