Riverside or French Quarter...

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
What are the differences? Im looking online for a Dec trip and after my AP discount Riverside is $755 and French Quarter is $642.

Why the big difference?

FQ is $89 a night..

RS is over $100...

Computer Magic

How long is the Hotel Bar open...and what are "Bob's" normal hours?

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The River Roost Lounge, a full bar and appetizers. Live entertainment is provided five evenings a week.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Open until midnight. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Muddy Rivers Pool Bar is located on Ol' Man Island, and offers drinks and light snacks from around noon until early evening.[/FONT]

Upvote 0

disney4life2008

You obvioulsy haven't been to French Quarter have you? I used to say the value was the way to go, but fell in love with French Quarter last year.

Anyways, I would suggest FQ. Since you are doing the QS plan, Boatwright's wouldn't be an issue. That would probably be the only thing drawing you to stay there. FQ is so small and compact, it's great to come back to after the long day at the parks. As mentioned, the bus stops, when combined, usually stop at FQ, which only has one stop to Riverside's 4 stops. Also, the FQ has the boat landing to Downtown Disney like Riverside as well.

Actually, I have been to POR and FQ (stayed at both once). I did not like it all. I am in the minority here. But it is just too slow at both of the resorts.

Upvote 0

sipes4

Stayed at POFQ this summer loved it! Also nice being the first bus stop after a late night in the parks. Short walk back to our building highly reccomend.

Upvote 0

tracyandalex

POFQ IMHO......Its small, compact, quiet, one bus stop. First bus stop if they combine buses. Only drawback I see, no TS resturant just a food court. Which suits me I only buy snacks at the resort never meals.

Agreed. We have stayed in both and prefer the smaller and less maze like FQ. It was December the first time we stayed at FQ and they had carolers (sp?) walking around the main building. We also liked the food court better at FQ.

Tracy

Upvote 0

popsicletrees

Prob gonna do Riverside. Id like to go walk around and enjoy the scenes at night. Plus I gotta go see Robert now!

I will tell you that we made the last half of his first show and stayed for the first half of the second show. The first one had more people and that made it better. We had no problem finding a seat, and the show is a lot of audience participation. I mean, Bob got my big, gruff, and super serious father up and dancing. Oh, and if he asks how his hair looks, just tell him it looks fine.

If you decide to walk over to FQ it is about a ten minute walk along the water. The walk is really pretty at night.

Upvote 0
Love them both. The good thing is you can check them both out just jump on the pontoon. I prefer the French Quarter at night with the seclusion, and the horse and carriage clopping along the cobblestone street. Also a big plus if your not using a rental car is the bus stop at French Quarter. First on, First off. The bus stops at Riverside can be frustrating. Riverside has the pools and the restaurant, both of which are accessible from FQ. You'll be happy with either though I recommend trying to get a top floor. Kids, (adults too,) coming home from the parks can be very noisy above you...

Upvote 0

I luv WDW

FQ, for reasons mentioned previously, the resort's compact size and the bus advantages, not to mention the decor and theming. Have stayed at RS twice, and there's nothing wrong with it, but prefer FQ.

Next trip: Nov. 29-Dec. 5 POFQ:xmas:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom