riverside a good hotel?

momof three

I am very confused at the moment... I am booked to stay at port orleans riverside and every thing i read is saying it is not a good place to stay. I am really not wanting to stay there now after everything i read but nothing else is available. i thought of bumping up to wilderness lodge but not sure it is worth the money. Would like to save the money and stay at Riverside but want to hear good things about it. help...

WDWmazprty

If anything French Quarter is 'worse' than Riverside, but its not bad either. Actually, we're going back in May and we're staying at POR.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Good resort no.

Great resort yes.

I am not sure where you are getting bad reviews of Riverside at but if it is Tripadvisor.com I would take everything you read on that site with a big dump truck side grain of salt. For the most part 90% of the reviews an Tripadvisor are people with some sort of axe to grind that would complain about next to anything.

Upvote 0

WDW 3

It's all a matter of opinion. I would say FQ is the better of the two. Only because of the small size. No long walks.

Upvote 0

tampabrad

All of the Disney resorts are great. People stay at different resorts for different reasons and each resort category offers guests different amenities.

So, it all depends on what you expect from the resort. If you are expecting "white glove" service, you will be dissapointed.

PO is multiple buildings with exterior room entrances set around a river. There is a themed pool, a couple of non themed pools, pool bar, fishing, boat and bike rentals, full service and quick service dining, and cocktail lounge. Transportation around property is by bus which makes multiple stops at riverside and also french quarter. I enjoy the food at both dining locations and I love the atmosphere of the resort.

If you move up to WL you will have a bit more offerings. The rooms open to interior hallways, in one very dramatic building. Casual and signature dining along with quick service, pool bar and cocktail lounge, 1 themed and 1 non themed pool, and a gym. Transportation is by bus or boat. Personally, I don't think the level of service is any different unless you are staying on the club level.

Really it is up to you to weigh the pros and cons.

Upvote 0

momof three

Original Poster
i have gotten most reviews were saying the rooms were dirty that is my main concern. Not worried about the busses or walking will have are own car and plan on using that. I just want to stay somewhere clean and friendly so my boys have a great time. another question can you use both hotles pools since there so close. Riversides theme pool will be closed when we are there so would like to use the other one..

Upvote 0

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I've thought that both PO resorts are fantastic. They are right up at the top of my favorite resorts to stay at.

While I've never stayed at WL (and all I've heard is amazing things BTW), I think you should be very happy with your resort choice and not worry about upgrading to WL. You'll get a more deluxe experience at WL, but you're also paying for it.

At PO, you have a great themed swimming area, the river (with the boat to DTD as well as the nice walking paths), some good food options, and a good themed resort experience. IMO, you have nothing to worry about.

Upvote 0

bamillerpa

POR is beautiful! To me it's just as nice as the Deluxe as far as theming goes but with smaller rooms. I can't imagine anyone saying it's not nice. I think it's the best deal as far as moderates go.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
i have gotten most reviews were saying the rooms were dirty that is my main concern. Not worried about the busses or walking will have are own car and plan on using that. I just want to stay somewhere clean and friendly so my boys have a great time. another question can you use both hotles pools since there so close. Riversides theme pool will be closed when we are there so would like to use the other one..
In countless trips to both Riverside and French Quarter I have never had a problem with cleanliness. You can use the pool at the adjacent resort although depending on your room location it could be quite a trek.

Upvote 0
Stayed at PO Riverside in February 2009. Will never, never go back.

Walked into our room and first thing I saw was a barrette, then went into the bathroom shut the door and on the floor was hair from the last guest who stayed.

Called the front desk and they sent someone to clean the room.

The whole week I had to call and have the room cleaned again. I put a plastic cup in different places on the floor in the room and it was never picked up.

I was so disgusted in the room and with the service there, I would never recommend going there. Spend the extra money to upgrade. It will be worth the trip!

Upvote 0

MKCP 1985

I forget how many hundreds of rooms they have at Port Orleans Riverside - it is a very large resort. My suspicion is most people who have an unpleasant stay don't hesitate to write about it, but the vast overwhelming majority of its guests are happy and satisfied so don't bother to write about it since the major point of the trip is usually the parks.

Personally, Port Orleans Riverside is in the middle of the pack for me in terms of Disney moderate resorts where I've stayed, but it is a fine place to stay with your kids. :)

Upvote 0

enoe01

We have stayed at POR and did not have any issues with the rooms cleanliness. The resoert was wonderful, it is a beautiful walk to the Lobby/food court. We would recommend this resort in a heart beat. Dont spend the extra money, POR is a great place to stay! I hope you ahve a great time. If you have any questions PM me and I will do my best to help you out.:wave:

Upvote 0

Grumpy2005

i hve not stayed at por but i have walked over there from pofq. from what i have seen it is a beautiful resort. we are planing on staying there nexttime we go. po is a wonderful resort to stay at. you need to try it and see for yourself. make your own opinoin about it. take a trip over to fq to see it also.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom