riverside a good hotel?

momof three

I am very confused at the moment... I am booked to stay at port orleans riverside and every thing i read is saying it is not a good place to stay. I am really not wanting to stay there now after everything i read but nothing else is available. i thought of bumping up to wilderness lodge but not sure it is worth the money. Would like to save the money and stay at Riverside but want to hear good things about it. help...

I stayed there back when it was called Dixie Landings a few times. It was my first stay on Disney property. This year I am staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge....I actually secretly really wanted to go back since I havent seen it in years. However, I couldn't turn down the lodge so maybe in the future.

Overall, it has an absolute wonderful theme to it and is a very pretty resort to walk around, I highly recommend it.

Upvote 0

MagicMegan

I have stayed at POR many times, either while it was named Dixe Landings or POR. We have never had a problem with the room being dirty or not cleaned while we were there. The pool is great, and the pool at POFQ is not a far walk away, but you can always take a bus over if you don't want to walk. The QS options at POR are actually much better than the ones were when I stayed at WL. WL has two TS restaurants, but a very small QS and snack area. We loved POR and will probably stay there many more times. Just don't let your kids ride the rented bikes in to trees (shakes my fist at my mom and sister for laughing at me after plowing in to a tree).

In my opinion, do NOT waste the money upgrading. WL is great, but POR is just as nice. Use the money to do a nice dinner or go to Cirque du Soleil instead.

Upvote 0

dixiegirl

Stayed at POR from Every year from 1996-2006 (in which we became DVC members, so SSR for us) But to me POR is like going home..In fact going back home in Jan!! I've never had a problem with Cleaniness there as was mentioned by another Post...To me, If you look yor gonna find something whether its a the GF or one of the All Stars...We stayed at Wilderness Lodge last Jan....It was nice, but we had to go through 3 yes 3 rooms before we got a clean one... And I'm not being picky , towels on the bathroom floor, cups used...Luggage still in room...Yeah, but what can you do ? I would definatly try Riverside...If you read here you'll find many good comments about it...and yes got to go check out Piano man Bob, he is a must!!! Honestly though, try it you'll never know unless you try!!

Upvote 0

gabroccoli

I'm going with the majority on this one. We have stayed there numerous times and would not hesitate to stay again. We have never had a issue with the room not being clean. If you do I would hope you would call to have it cleaned. I second a previous poster go see Bob Jackson!

Upvote 0

NadieMasK2

The first time we stayed at POR I did a very thorough evaluation of reviews of all WDW resorts and found overwhelmingly POR got high reviews. I'm thinking maybe you need to extend your research. If you look hard enough you will find a bad review of ANY hotel or resort. We gave POR a try based on reviews and value and have never looked back - stayed there 6 times since. Room cleanliness is going to depend on your specific mousekeeper so it can vary within any resort. Typically our rooms at POR have been adequately cleaned except for the most recent trip when it just seemed like she did a quick job - the bathroom floor was sticky and there was ONE piece of hair in the sink. Did not affect my trip one iota. Still had a supremely magical time. It's just the luck of the draw with the mousekeeper you get, as is getting towel animals, and that is reflected in my tipping. Still I think 1 out of 6 times getting a questionably cleaned room isn't bad.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom