River country to re-open in 2010?

Buried20KLeague

I know RC was the first "themed water park"... But I've always wondered...

Was it where long winding water slides were actually invented and implemented the first time?

Or was the only real innovation the theming?

agent86

I know RC was the first "themed water park"... But I've always wondered...

Was it where long winding water slides were actually invented and implemented the first time?

Or was the only real innovation the theming?

It definitely was not where long winding water slides were invented. And I'm not even certain that it's accurate to say that RC was the "first themed water park". There may have been others that preceded it.

benji

I think River Country should reopen as something bigger and grander than it was. I can't understand how Disney could keep this property in such horrible conditions. Discovery island and the back side of Pop Century also needs to be developed or redeveloped. Those property's also look discusting. Disney said they stopped construction on Pop century because of demand and the economy, give me a break! Their building two new DVC Aminaml kingdom and Contemporary resorts.:hammer: It is very unDisney like to keep those propertys so horrible.

luvthemagic

New camping area

We were ther in July 08, and late one night was talking to a cast member on overnight duty. He told me they were going to reopen RC as an upscale camping area. Kinda like what you see on the Travel Channel, Million dollar RV parks. I think he said there would be a swimming feature also, but mainly it will be camping with room service and the such.

redkoala245

I can't really imagine them opening it. If I did I think they would recreate the scene of River Country, add new things and update the park a little because it hasn't been used in years.

girlface

Original Poster
river counrty

It looked fun yet a bit dirty. Plus i would be scared an alligator would clime in it,as i am with splash mountain..I have a big imagination :)

jt04

It won't reopen......ever.

That area would be perfect for a new resort however. Or a boutique park concept.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
If they reopend it....I can only imagine a first dip in the water and coming out like this...
http://cardboardmonocle.com/blog/fxsuits/swampthing.jpg
:lol: I was going to say that the current theme would resemble that of a Toxic Waste Plant

IMHO, I went to RC "back in the day" and if it were to be revived, it would be like playing a classic Atari in todays world of X-Boxes, Wii's and PS. For todays generation, it would be extremely, 2D graphics (so to speak)

DisneyPrincess5

Yeah, I can't see that happening, although it was fun while it lasted.
It just doesn't seem to fit with the times...IMO it was extremely dated in the early 90s so imagine it now unless they made MAJOR changes!

WDWRLD

Did you hear that the canoes were spotted at TSI this morning, the Mike Fink boats are being taken to the dock as we speak, Mr toad is getting ready for his wild ride, dreamflight is secretly being rebuilt, the swan boats are back, and Mickeys Birthdayland is about to open...again.

girlface

Original Poster
No aprilfools joke!

April 1st......

I DIDNT MEAN TO REOPEN THE THREAD AS AN APRIL THE 1ST JOKE!

:) sORRY FOR THE CONFUSION,IT WAS JUST A COINCIDENCE HAHA!tHATS FUNNY. But i did seriousley here about this (Not on april the 1st) There were a few comments on youtube saying they were considering it!:cool: haa funny

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom