Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

mergatroid

Star Wars fan or not(and I am a huge one), how can you not be excited for a theme park ride of this scale? I am pretty sure it is going to be awesome!

Oh I agree, however some people have spent so much time and effort slating it that they won't be able to backtrack now. It could be the greatest ride ever with queues a mile long and there'll be a hundred different reasons why it sucks and has 'failed' :rolleyes:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Oh I agree, however some people have spent so much time and effort slating it that they won't be able to backtrack now. It could be the greatest ride ever with queues a mile long and there'll be a hundred different reasons why it sucks and has 'failed' :rolleyes:
A queue a mile long could mean several things with this one. I’m tempering my expectations slightly after I bigged up Falcon.

TrojanUSC

Disney was absolutely slammed this week and Galaxy’s Edge was a zoo. whatever softness there was seems to have melted away. December will be a madhouse and I shall be there to witness it!

Columbus Day weekend is always one of the busiest there. Yes, GE is busy but so is the whole park. It's still not what they were expecting/hoping for. Not many are booking new vacations to see it.

NoChesterHester

Columbus Day weekend is always one of the busiest there. Yes, GE is busy but so is the whole park. It's still not what they were expecting/hoping for. Not many are booking new vacations to see it.

I think that’s been covered ad nauseam. I believe people held off booking trips this summer because of all the rides scheduled to open between ’19-20. We just booked a vacation now that Rise is set to open. I doubt next summer will have the same soft attendance unless there is an economic recession.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Just had a funny thought, so on every ride, even smuggler's run they ask you the same question "how many in your party" so how are they going to do this on RISE?? You are a prisoner. why would those working for the first order give a rat's behind how many are in your party? I can just picture a cast member dressed as a storm trooper or a admiral costume asking you " and how many in your party you rebel?" and it makes me laugh because story wise it makes no sense. They would be "just get your butt in our transport you scum. i don't care if that is your child and you want to sit with it." this is the type of corners you get painted into when you try to make your land as immersive as possible instead of making a ride and run it as a ride normally operates.

glendroid

Just had a funny thought, so on every ride, even smuggler's run they ask you the same question "how many in your party" so how are they going to do this on RISE?? You are a prisoner. why would those working for the first order give a rat's behind how many are in your party? I can just picture a cast member dressed as a storm trooper or a admiral costume asking you " and how many in your party you rebel?" and it makes me laugh because story wise it makes no sense. They would be "just get your butt in our transport you scum. i don't care if that is your child and you want to sit with it." this is the type of corners you get painted into when you try to make your land as immersive as possible instead of making a ride and run it as a ride normally operates.

who hurt you?

TrojanUSC

When was the last time a bellhop asked how many were in your party when boarding an elevator?

Happens every day across the park and nobody is concerned about breaking the illusion that you're actually staying in a hotel.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom