Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

T.Will

The thrill of BTMR and SpaceM and DINO and Primeval is if you can hold on strong enough to prevent bruised ribs or a spinal injury. Thrilling!
I'll defend the first three because of the theming and the experience is overall superb. Plus the bumpiness works for BTMR and DINO considering one's a supernatural runaway mine train and the other's a jeep trip with time travel. Space's bumpiness is bad, but everything else is pretty top-notch.

Primeval gets no love from me. That belongs in the dumpster.

Joesixtoe

Who is to say ROTR would not attract people to the land imo ,if ROTR is as good as they say it would be I think that would have a long wait line.Yes I do feel GE needs a third ride but I think they need a show too,maybe they can add that stuff down the line.
I guess Pirates in Shanghai, Mystic Manor in Hongkong, and Pooh in Tokyo are big attracting rides.. so yes I agree with you.. maybe the land wont need a coaster type

planodisney

FOP,attracts guest jmo
I think it attracts guests more than any other ride at WDW right now. It does t seam like these days an attraction can garner the massive wait times without an element of excitement/thrill. I’m trying to think of one but I can’t remember a non thrill based attraction with huge wait times.
I feel like ROTR will have excitement. If the ride visually blows people away and has an elements of tension/excitement, it’s going to be insanely popular. If it is insanely popular, many, many more people will be filling Batuu, and any quality ride addition to ANY land makes the land itself considerably better. That’s just an unarguable fact.

Steph15251

I think it attracts guests more than any other ride at WDW right now. It does t seam like these days an attraction can garner the massive wait times without an element of excitement/thrill. I’m trying to think of one but I can’t remember a non thrill based attraction with huge wait times.
I feel like ROTR will have excitement. If the ride visually blows people away and has an elements of tension/excitement, it’s going to be insanely popular. If it is insanely popular, many, many more people will be filling Batuu, and any quality ride addition to ANY land makes the land itself considerably better. That’s just an unarguable fact.
See the thing is I do not think of FOP as a thrill ride ,so really I feel if Rotr is so good not sure why a thrill ride would be needed at GE.

Joesixtoe

See the thing is I do not think of FOP as a thrill ride ,so really I feel if Rotr is so good not sure why a thrill ride would be needed at GE.
Ummm to me it gets your blood pumping with all the dives and such. But I think FOP is more of a combo ride, thrills..ish and story, immersion that I'm hoping ROTR does.

Bobby Iger

Back to the task at hand and that is the Swimming Pool aka the hall aka the hanger, so does anyone have an opinion on once they take it of showboat mode that the heads of the troops will track you as seen in some patents for Disney AAs or will they track the vehicle on a prerecorded movement or just slightly turn?

Attachments

• swim.jpg
    swim.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 226
  • juggle.jpg
    juggle.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 237

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Back to the task at hand and that is the Swimming Pool aka the hall aka the hanger, so does anyone have an opinion on once they take it of showboat mode that the heads of the troops will track you as seen in some patents for Disney AAs or will they track the vehicle on a prerecorded movement or just slightly turn?
The hanger is a preshow. There are no guest ride vehicles in there.

KevinPage

I’m still confused as to the timeline of this ride. Obviously we’ll know more once TROS is released but if Kylo is “redeemed” (as per rumor), then that kinda changes the story elements of the land, right?

If I had to venture a wild guess, it takes place right before TROS and/or during it and fleshes out a part the movie didn’t need to focus on YET ties into the ending by...

- force ghost Luke & Palpatine (preshow/postshow to throw classic fans a bone)

- some additional touches and/or live entertainment that helps tie it all together

I would think can be done without affecting the main storyline of the ride (for 15 days it’s open prior to the film).

Could this also be the (albeit convenient) reason to slash the entertainment budget and expense it “next year” since they know they will add these touches, why not just wait ?

Or I’m ignorantly optimistic 😜😜😜

RobWDW1971

I’m still confused as to the timeline of this ride. Obviously we’ll know more once TROS is released but if Kylo is “redeemed” (as per rumor), then that kinda changes the story elements of the land, right?

If I had to venture a wild guess, it takes place right before TROS and/or during it and fleshes out a part the movie didn’t need to focus on YET ties into the ending by...

- force ghost Luke & Palpatine (preshow/postshow to throw classic fans a bone)

- some additional touches and/or live entertainment that helps tie it all together

I would think can be done without affecting the main storyline of the ride (for 15 days it’s open prior to the film).

Or I’m ignorantly optimistic 😜😜😜

And since there wouldn't be Star Wars music playing in a Star Destroyer's prison transport carts, I'm assuming we won't hear any on the ride. Or will WDI simply disregard their ridiculously limiting, idiotic "immersion" concept when they no longer find it convenient?

Answer: Yes, yes they will.

Last edited:

RobWDW1971

I’m okay with the immersion element. I don’t want to “ride the movies”.

Well you don't have to worry about that at SWGE - you can wander in silence and enjoy your static droids, no wandering aliens, Jedi, or bounty hunters, and say "Til the spires!" with the food and beverage cast members.

You will get your wish as that dull, depressing experience certainly won't feel like you're in an exciting Star Wars movie.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom