Trip Report Riffraff, Street Rat...No one appreciates I'm broke.

What a great trip!

We arrived October 19th and left on the 24th. It was another stay at a Value, which I keep saying is my last time at a Value but with these yearly trips instead of every other year that's what is in the budget. This was a last minute (well 65 days is last minute for Disney) mother and other daughter trip (in case you read my mother daughter report from last year) , so we raided the coin jars, searched the couch cushions, stole money out of my husbands wallet and made it happen. We hit each park for one day each and had an evening at Disney Springs. I didn't take notes and I only have my photos as a guide for this report so we better get on with the details before I forget everything.

Trip takers for this one: Me & E. Sorry but the all pictures of us look just like this.

IMG_1302.JPG

Saturday, October 19th:

E drove to my house the night before since we had a morning flight. We got up around 4:45 am and was on the road by 5:20. The ride to the airport is a tad bit over two hours so we made a pit stop. I've added this since we crazy Disney people seem to like bathroom, light fixtures and food pictures.
IMG_1072.JPG

Everything went smooth at the airport, as proof here is the obligatory airport photo. She has no idea how many photos are in her future.
ILYW4489.JPG

When we arrived at ME it was the most crowded I've had to deal with. I guess I've been lucky in the past. We waited awhile but then had our own bus to the resort. Which is good because sharing a bus sucks 85% of the time.

IMG_1078.JPG

E commented several times that our driver was in the video but I missed it every time due to gawking out the windows. I didn't have cash on me to tip the driver. I always feel like a schmuck when I don't tip the bus driver from MDE. Why? I don't know. I don't tip the maid. I digress

IMG_1079.JPG

We arrived at POP and I hadn't received a room ready text so off we go to the front desk and wait our turn. The oddest CM I've ever dealt with helped us. He was young and in my opinion trying to impress/badly flirt with E. I previously requested a room in building 6 facing the water, I wanted close to the skyliner, we got building 3. It was the next building over and wasn't bad. E was celebrating college graduation and on her celebrating pin he wrote Navigator since he said she was in charge of the room map. Both confused and ready to run we headed to our room.

IMG_1080.JPG

IMG_1081.JPG

We put both beds down and there was still plenty of room for both of us to walk around.

With stomachs rumbling we headed for the bus stop to Disney Springs

IMG_1082.JPG

Here's the - I just arrived at Disney face -
IMG_1084.JPG

And the - try not to look like an idiot and just be cool face -
IMG_1085.JPG

Last edited:

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
With Monster laugh Floor right there it seems like a good place to rest and have a laugh.

IMG_1153.JPG

Shocked is more like it. Never realized how true the statement below was. We were barely seated and the show starts picking people out and saying funny things. There is a guy in the row in front of us with his head in his hands looking at the floor. It pans to him and says "this guy needs a hug" his kids and wife start tapping him. He reacts by giving double "birds" on either side of his head without looking up. UM... crickets..... wife looks mortified, kids are screaming, parents are yelling. Kidding. The wife does look mortified. E and I look at each other like, did that really happen?

IMG_1152.JPG

It was time for FP #3. Apparently we took the long way around. I remember getting a cup of water at the Pinocchio Haus.

IMG_1154.JPG

IMG_1155.JPG

This is all you get from 7 Dwarfs.

IMG_1156.JPG

E's comment - that's it? Apparently she doesn't remember it from 2016. :rolleyes:

IMG_1159.JPG

I wanted to ride the Teacups. I didn't want to spin fast just the natural flow of the ride. Does it look like she's going to let it go natural?

IMG_1161.JPG

This is the face of a child that thinks it's funny to kill their mother.

IMG_1162.JPG

When exiting Teacups :inlove:

IMG_1163.JPG

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Here, and handsome! And FYI, its only official RiffRaff status if you travel via gondola and you're a smoker and light up near International Gateway... or anywhere that C can see you. Or according to Sean, if you have a white card DVC, youre official RiffRaff, lol.

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
I love E’s Dumbo shirt. So cute!
Thanks!! She had lots of compliments on it.

Here, and handsome! And FYI, its only official RiffRaff status if you travel via gondola and you're a smoker and light up near International Gateway... or anywhere that C can see you. Or according to Sean, if you have a white card DVC, youre official RiffRaff, lol.
No lighting up for us but we rode those death traps. Loved them. Sean is his own kind of RiffRaff.

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
It was time to stand in line! I kid again! Today was our day. When checking MDE most rides had a good wait by now but the Disney Gods were loving us today. We waited about 10 minutes tops, even though I believe the posted wait time was 25 minutes.

IMG_1166 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1167 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1168 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1169.JPG

Just running into random Characters walking around Disney is something I love to see!

IMG_1170.JPG

When we got off of 7 Dwarfs the only FP available was It's a Small World. Well, not my first choice for a fast pass but we hadn't ridden it yet so what do you do....?

IMG_1171.JPG

IMG_1172.JPG

IMG_1173 (2).JPG

IMG_1176.JPG

IMG_1179.JPG

When getting off IASW I couldn't believe how long the line was. It was actually queuing around up above by the entrance.

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
So it's around 3pm or what we Indianaians call snack time. I told E I needed a dole whip. We mobile ordered it while walking to Aloha Isle. There are dozens of people waiting in line. Why don't they mobile order? To me this is one of life's mysteries.

Not the most appetizing pictures.

IMG_1181.JPG

I call the shots and tell E we are going to take a nice relaxing ride. She wasn't the most impressed but it was hot and we've been going for 8 hours now. Momma needed a break.

IMG_1182.JPG

Did anyone know there was a room in the Liberty Bell? Shocked the hell out of me. I would've sat in there, that's how much I liked it, but I wanted a breeze and some scenery.

IMG_1184.JPG

IMG_1186.JPG

I knew asking E to go to Tom Sawyer Island to relax on rocking chairs was out of the question so I settled on pictures.

IMG_1187.JPG

We really didn't have much else that we really wanted to do. I tried to talk her into the Country Bears or Tiki Room. E's not big into Cheesy shows so those were out. So off to TomorrowLand so I can ride me some more Peoplemover and have a spin on Carousel of Progress.

IMG_1188.JPG

IMG_1189.JPG

Time to shop. We hit up all the stores on Main Street and looked for some pins to trade. Right after I took this photo I saw the lady with her shirt up, I'm thinking really. E thinks she's doing a pregnancy shoot. She has forever ruined my picture, I will always see the belly before the castle.. :)

IMG_1191.JPG

We have reservations at The Plaza at 6:15 and I know it's after 5 at this time. We're hungry so I go to MDE to move up our reservation. I know it was a long shot and it didn't happen. We walk to The Plaza and ask in person and again we were shot down. Not surprised. We are to the point where it's last call to get in line for a ride since the park closes at 6:00.

I'm not quite sure why we chose Pirates but I'm not upset by our choice.

This picture is actually funnier every time I look at it. See that middle pirate. E starts laughing and says it looks like our aunt M. It actually does :hilarious: I break out the phone and take a pic as fast as I can. I wish it wasn't blurry but it still makes us laugh.

IMG_1192.JPG

This was hanging in the gift shop after Pirates. It was tucked around a corner. I never noticed it before. Maybe it's because I never look at the ride gift shops. :rolleyes: I think it's a great pic though, worthy of a picture of a picture.

IMG_1193.JPG

Dave B

Today's the Day!

Magic Kingdoms hours are 8am - 6pm with EMH at 7am. E wants to stay all day with no breaks. I can do this.

We were up by 6am and out the door by 6:40. We hop on a mostly empty bus and wait a few more minutes before we are whisked away. After a few minutes E leans over and whispers "I love you mom, you're the best", I'm totally making this up. She whispers " I forgot my magic band". I just stare at her, good thing it's dark. Let's turn this into a good parenting moment, even though she's an adult. "No problem, we'll just ride back grab it. No worries." I know she was upset at herself. Unfortunately the bus driver has to stay at his stop for 6 minutes. What do I do? I take this opportunity to get off the bus and take a pic of what could have been. ( I was actually pretty bummed. Due to the hours of MK I wouldn't get to see the park at night and this was my chance to see the castle lit up. I would never let E know that I was disappointed)

View attachment 421914

Look @Tuvalu, Shirley status at 6:55am back to POP

View attachment 421915

After we made it back to POP the bus driver again had to wait for the obligatory 6 minutes, which was to our benefit this time. It gave E plenty of time to run back to the room and grab her magic band.

View attachment 421916

When we made it back the sun was fully up and we were now looking in this line of people. Luckily for us we moved fairly quickly and followed a line that went fast. There were a lot of unhappy people lining up behind us.

View attachment 421918

It was about 7:45ish when we made it in. I remember because we had to scan our bands to make sure we were resort guests.

View attachment 421919

Since EMH was pretty much over I did what I always do in the mornings at MK. I headed to the left. We had FP's for PP SM and SDMT later. So we revised our morning plans and headed to Big Thunder!! Look at those walkways

View attachment 421920

As we went through the tunnel into Frontierland I noticed a small crowd ahead of us heading to the same place. We made another immediate left and made my favorite ride the first ride of the trip

View attachment 421922

View attachment 421924

It was at this time that E decided we will make ridiculous faces in all of our ride photos. you'll have to forgive my photo of a photo. I didn't purchase the memory maker but had to document our moment somehow.

View attachment 421925

After we got off we went to BTMRR which was a walk on, the very small crowd had dispersed.

View attachment 421926
Next time just go to guest relations right outside the park, thy will look you up and give you a pass/card for the day, my wife did the same thing on our last trip

Last edited:

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Alright!! This is going to happen. I'm going to get all of our Magic Kingdom day done today.

We sat on the ledge outside of Pirates to kill some time and people watch. Very entertaining. We arrived at the Plaza 15 minutes before our reservation. I'm told that they are running behind and it could be up to 15 minutes after our scheduled reservation. Not what I wanted to hear but I understand. There is already a woman complaining, as quietly as she can but you can tell she's very unhappy. We wait 15 minutes till our actually schedule time. Another 15 minutes past our time, ok not getting too angry yet. I was told it may happen. ANOTHER 15 minutes. I go up to the desk and am told that our table is being cleared off. Each second that ticks by seems like a minute. It could be because I'm starving, maybe because I've been there 11 hours, could be that I'm not very patient. E was being so good. She's usually my snarky one but she kept me in check. It was about another 10 minutes before they called us in. Why did you stay you might ask. Only one reason... The Fried Green Tomato sandwich. We both wanted it and wanted it bad.

It was crowded and the woman next to me kept apologizing, it was almost comical. E said once we get food our mood will change back to normal. She was ok once she sat down.

IMG_1194.JPG

See, this was so delicious.

IMG_1195.JPG

I was back to normal after a couple of bites. That broccoli was gross by the way. Wishing I got fries like E.

IMG_1196.JPG

Our service didn't get any better. our table and my new lady friends table sat waiting on the check for forever. I was rude and got up to go over to the 3 ladies standing by the door to try to pay for our food. Our waitress saw us and said she could get our bill. I told her I'd wait there by the door. She brought it over and walked away. I signed the receipt and left it on the table in front of us. I did leave her a tip. Probably better than she deserved. I'm rude but not that rude.

One thing about E and I, when were are in a bad mood it dissipates quickly. By the time we got twenty feet away from The Plaza everything was right a rain again. I was sad to be leaving but ready. It was a fantastic day. We did so much and moved at a slow pace which was wonderful.

IMG_1197.JPG

We hopped on a bus back to POP and relaxed. I have no idea what time it was. But I do know that tomorrow was Hollywood Studios day and they opened at 6am. :oops:

fractal

With Monster laugh Floor right there it seems like a good place to rest and have a laugh.

View attachment 422172

Shocked is more like it. Never realized how true the statement below was. We were barely seated and the show starts picking people out and saying funny things. There is a guy in the row in front of us with his head in his hands looking at the floor. It pans to him and says "this guy needs a hug" his kids and wife start tapping him. He reacts by giving double "birds" on either side of his head without looking up. UM... crickets..... wife looks mortified, kids are screaming, parents are yelling. Kidding. The wife does look mortified. E and I look at each other like, did that really happen?

View attachment 422171

It was time for FP #3. Apparently we took the long way around. I remember getting a cup of water at the Pinocchio Haus.

View attachment 422173

View attachment 422174

This is all you get from 7 Dwarfs.

View attachment 422175

E's comment - that's it? Apparently she doesn't remember it from 2016. :rolleyes:

View attachment 422176

I wanted to ride the Teacups. I didn't want to spin fast just the natural flow of the ride. Does it look like she's going to let it go natural?

View attachment 422177

This is the face of a child that thinks it's funny to kill their mother.

View attachment 422178

When exiting Teacups :inlove:

View attachment 422179

I'm going to take an @wdisney9000 perspective and say the man in Laugh Floor was merely telling everyone in the room they were #1.

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
I know I ask this every time someone eats this sandwich... but it seems like the regular tomato, and the fried green one would fight with eachother... I think it's weird they are both on the same sandwich?
I've seen you ask this question before. Honestly I don't even recall the red tomato. I think between the bacon, pepper jack cheese, arugula, sauce and that phenomenal buttery brioche bun I don't even think about the boring red tomato. The fried tomato gives a crisp texture and flavor that is.....YUM. Great. Now I need one.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
I know I ask this every time someone eats this sandwich... but it seems like the regular tomato, and the fried green one would fight with eachother... I think it's weird they are both on the same sandwich?
I've seen you ask this question before. Honestly I don't even recall the red tomato. I think between the bacon, pepper jack cheese, arugula, sauce and that phenomenal buttery brioche bun I don't even think about the boring red tomato. The fried tomato gives a crisp texture and flavor that is.....YUM. Great. Now I need one.

Yeah... this is easily one of the best sandwiches I've ever had. Not worth $17 but delicious. Nothing on this sandwich fights with each other. I'm not even a fan of tomatoes, and it's so good.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom