Trip Report Riffraff, Street Rat...No one appreciates I'm broke.

What a great trip!

We arrived October 19th and left on the 24th. It was another stay at a Value, which I keep saying is my last time at a Value but with these yearly trips instead of every other year that's what is in the budget. This was a last minute (well 65 days is last minute for Disney) mother and other daughter trip (in case you read my mother daughter report from last year) , so we raided the coin jars, searched the couch cushions, stole money out of my husbands wallet and made it happen. We hit each park for one day each and had an evening at Disney Springs. I didn't take notes and I only have my photos as a guide for this report so we better get on with the details before I forget everything.

Trip takers for this one: Me & E. Sorry but the all pictures of us look just like this.

IMG_1302.JPG

Saturday, October 19th:

E drove to my house the night before since we had a morning flight. We got up around 4:45 am and was on the road by 5:20. The ride to the airport is a tad bit over two hours so we made a pit stop. I've added this since we crazy Disney people seem to like bathroom, light fixtures and food pictures.
IMG_1072.JPG

Everything went smooth at the airport, as proof here is the obligatory airport photo. She has no idea how many photos are in her future.
ILYW4489.JPG

When we arrived at ME it was the most crowded I've had to deal with. I guess I've been lucky in the past. We waited awhile but then had our own bus to the resort. Which is good because sharing a bus sucks 85% of the time.

IMG_1078.JPG

E commented several times that our driver was in the video but I missed it every time due to gawking out the windows. I didn't have cash on me to tip the driver. I always feel like a schmuck when I don't tip the bus driver from MDE. Why? I don't know. I don't tip the maid. I digress

IMG_1079.JPG

We arrived at POP and I hadn't received a room ready text so off we go to the front desk and wait our turn. The oddest CM I've ever dealt with helped us. He was young and in my opinion trying to impress/badly flirt with E. I previously requested a room in building 6 facing the water, I wanted close to the skyliner, we got building 3. It was the next building over and wasn't bad. E was celebrating college graduation and on her celebrating pin he wrote Navigator since he said she was in charge of the room map. Both confused and ready to run we headed to our room.

IMG_1080.JPG

IMG_1081.JPG

We put both beds down and there was still plenty of room for both of us to walk around.

With stomachs rumbling we headed for the bus stop to Disney Springs

IMG_1082.JPG

Here's the - I just arrived at Disney face -
IMG_1084.JPG

And the - try not to look like an idiot and just be cool face -
IMG_1085.JPG

Last edited:

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
I agree with @epcotisbest - while I like your new avatar, you really did have a nice one before. But who am I to say anything, as mine is a picture of one of my cats 😉
Thanks. Cats are in right now. It seems on all my social media there is a lady screaming and a white cat that has a different opinion than hers. I'm still a little confused but I'm a dog person so what do I know.

epcotisbest

OK, so it took me awhile to finally get around to reading this excellent TR. Looking forward to more. Great photos throughout. I always think TRs with photos of the participants enjoying the trip make for the most interesting ones and yours does not disappoint. Looks like this will be a lifetime of special memories for you both. Thanks for sharing.

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
OK, so it took me awhile to finally get around to reading this excellent TR. Looking forward to more. Great photos throughout. I always think TRs with photos of the participants enjoying the trip make for the most interesting ones and yours does not disappoint. Looks like this will be a lifetime of special memories for you both. Thanks for sharing.
Well, I'm glad you finally made it but it's over. :hilarious: You've joined just in time to hear my final thoughts.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Thanks. Cats are in right now. It seems on all my social media there is a lady screaming and a white cat that has a different opinion than hers. I'm still a little confused but I'm a dog person so what do I know.

I grew up with both and would love to have a dog (my daughter would too) but we live in an apartment in a city - it just isn’t fair to have a dog in these conditions. So our pet options were cat or goldfish (and goldfish aren’t very cuddly). But my cat is very « doglike » in personality (runs to the door to greet me, follows me around). I plan on getting a dog when I retire and have the proper time to devote to one.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Tell me your kidding!? The guy that my husband knows as Beer Guy when I'm telling him about my WDWmagic friends? The guy that makes fun of other guys that drink "girly" mixed drinks? Puddin? That guy!?

@wdisney9000 I'm disappointed.
Let's set the record straight. I have some photos that @lostpro9het sent me from his past trip reports that he didnt post. Allow me to present the forums with...these little beauties

1573919033011.png

1573915229237.png

1573919223496.png

And please believe that he keeps the White Claw next to the bed for easy access on his cruises

1573918910696.png

and now I await for Sean to retaliate 😬😁

Last edited:

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
I grew up with both and would love to have a dog (my daughter would too) but we live in an apartment in a city - it just isn’t fair to have a dog in these conditions. So our pet options were cat or goldfish (and goldfish aren’t very cuddly). But my cat is very « doglike » in personality (runs to the door to greet me, follows me around). I plan on getting a dog when I retire and have the proper time to devote to one.
I would actually love to have a cat too but everyone in the family is allergic except for me.

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Last edited:

lostpro9het

Let's set the record straight. I have some photos that @lostpro9het sent me from his past trip reports that he didnt post. Allow me to present the forums with...these little beauties

View attachment 426107

View attachment 426109

View attachment 426104

And please believe that he keeps the White Claw next to the bed for easy access on his cruises

View attachment 426106

You not denying your love of The Claw is all the retaliation I need. Now excuse me while I sit at my mecca enjoying something not aged in A Forever 21 store.
726121D5-19BD-41E1-B543-D4DF2B5A1D24.jpeg

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
We got up fairly early on Thursday morning and was at the ME stop by 8am. I ran inside to soak up my last few minutes of the gift shop. I admit I love Disney gift shops. I found a sun visor I loved and should of bought it but since we were leaving I didn't see the point since Disney seems to be the only place I'd probably use it.

IMG_1539.JPG

We had quite the wait for our flight. E had a hard time picking between the retro sweatshirt and the "Arendale Aqua" ;)

IMG_1544.JPG

Not me!

IMG_1545.JPG

Spirit isn't the most comfortable but they are cheap and we've never had delays with them so far.

IMG_1547.JPG

We picked up pin trading years ago. For the most part I quit buying them and just keep re-trading what I have for the fun of finding something new then eventually after a few years I'll trade that one for something else. Usually I see the same ones on most CM's but I had to show off my new find. Simba may end up being a keeper for more than a few years. I saw quite a few of the teapot series and snagged the Alice one.

IMG_1562.JPG

IMG_1563.JPG

I'm just rambling now. There isn't much else to say. It was a great trip and seeing E turn into an amazing woman has been a great joy. I do hope that we'll get to do another mother daughter trip. I'm not sure when that will occur since J and Z want to go to many other places and when it comes to Disney if one daughter does a trip the other will also want one and although my daughters love each other after about a day they revert back to their teenage years and push each others button and I'm just too old to want to deal with that anymore. So I don't see a trip with just the 3 of us unless the ladies stop driving me nuts by driving each other nuts.

As it turns out C will be turning 21 next fall and has asked to go to Food & Wine next year during her fall break at college. I think her tactic of saying that in front of E and J worked because they were on board right away. (J is a great buffer for us ladies). It will be another short trip, just 3 days plus the travel days. C is wanting to go to at least two parks. C wants to go to Epcot and MK. E wants to go to Epcot and AK. J says he will only go to Epcot and enjoy the resort the other days. Z will be stuck at home due to it being the middle of marching band season and in Indiana marching band trumps all. I"m never going to get a nice long luxurious trip. At this time I'm wanting to rent DVC at Boardwalk or Beach Club and if E has her way H, her boyfriend, will be joining us.......No one appreciates I'm broke.

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Thanks for sharing your trip. :)
You're Welcome!

Excellent TR. So glad you both had a great time.
Thank you! I very much enjoyed yours also.

I really enjoyed your TR!! Thanks for sharing & I'm glad you'll be going back next year!! :)
If you could plan multiple trips until then to help tame the beast within I'd appreciate it. :happy:

That was fun, thanks!
My Pleasure!! Thanks for reading.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom